You know, sometimes I have a lot of stuff going on in my life, so I don't check my favorite comics for like 2 weeks. Then, if I read some of them and they don't appeal to me, it is no big deal. I certainly don't blame anyone for bitching about it, although I, personally, am trying to move away from the "bitching about things" lifestyle and to the "doing something about those things that I can control" lifestyle. Honestly, though, I wouldn't say that every Achewood in the past has been gold, and this is probably just a patch that some folks aren't liking. I like the fact he is trying some different stuff. Maybe he doesn't care as much about having fans as he does about being able to do whatever he wants.
For instance, I like the Rolling Stones, but I can't advise buying "Steel Wheels" or "Bridges to Babylon." Doesn't mean that they suck, doesn't mean that they shouldn't have been released, just means I don't like them. But I'm not going to complain about it (other than right here, for the purpose of flailing about trying to make a point).