Now I want to read the comic book. I bet it kicks ass.
Yeah, the comic is good, although it is a huge-ass slice of 80's (actually, late 80's/early 90's) . The second you see the fiance (blond, enormous poofy hair....CHECK), you can date it. But good, nonetheless, and despite most of the fans.
DAMN FOREIGN CARS.
I don't really know what else to recommend. Oh, "The Magic Crane," this awesome kung fu movie. I almost guarantee you that you will never find it unless I mail you a copy. OHHH! And speaking of kung fu, CRIPPLED MASTERS! An armless guy teams up with a legless guy teams up with a MONKEY to FIGHT EVIL WARLORDS! Played by a real legless guy, armless guy and monkey, respectively!
Oh, man, I think I'm going to try and disgorge all of my knowledge gleaned through Kung Fu Klub:
SHAOLIN INVINCIBLES- The movie that invented TONGUE FU! (as seen below)

DRUNKEN MASTER- The ORIGINAL, starring a really young Jackie Chan and Siu Tien Yuen, best know for playing THOUSANDS OF DRUNK OLD MASTERS! See an old Chinese guy do what they do best: hit people and then mock them!
5 VENOMS VS. WU-TANG- 5 year old Hopping Chinese Zombies. Just....just brillan.t Hold on, I need a moment. WARNING: Contains baby c*ck.
BATTLE ROYALE- Now we move on to our other mysterious friends from the far East, the Japanese! BATTLE ROYALE dares to ask, what would happen if you put a bunch of 7th-graders on an island, and made them kill eachother? WHAT INDEED! The sequel is also good: imagine SAVING PRIVATE RYAN, only there are a bunch of little Japanese girls running up the beach.
HARD BOILED- Highest onscreen body count of any movie, ever: 230 people are shot onscreen. That enough should make you want to see it. Oh, and Chow Yun-Fat plays a cop named Tequila. I watched this for the third time after watching NATURAL BORN KILLERS for the first.....damn.
THE HAPPINESS OF THE KATAKURAS- Do you like Japanese people, dancing in sailor uniforms? How about if they SING, too? Do you like movies where people die? This movie is basically treasure.
Wow, those were some awesome movies. Now I gotta go back and rent them again. Sorry about all of the caps, I enjoy violating internet manners/want to be like that dude from Aint-It-Cool.