Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

this is a messageboard. people talk about stuffs in messageboards. all is well&all is good.

Poll

This Chair...

Too hideous.
- 5 (35.7%)
It a Chair, it's cheap, it's comfortable, who cares what it looks like.
- 9 (64.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: May 15, 2004, 04:23:54 pm


Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The Chair  (Read 6435 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
The Chair
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2004, 05:27:54 pm »

It is a lovely chair, Paul, and congratulations.
Logged
goose means greedy

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
The Chair
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2004, 06:27:53 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "jough"

He wants his shirt back.


I'd berate you for even being here, but that comment was worth it. Now, go be a luddite!


Aw c'mon Slink, he cribbed that joke straight out of Friday's strip.  Jough and Onstad are both getting joke writing lessons from David Spade.

But I digress.  What I meant to say was get the hell out of here Jough.  Don't be afraid of the big bad world.  Go find your special purpose, or at least get laid a lot of times and come back and report it.  We're counting on you to tell us what it's like out there.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The Chair
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2004, 06:29:36 pm »

Six hours and counting.

I'm still copying things from the new computer to the old one, so I'll be in and out until tonight.

I SWEAR, IF YOU KIDS WRECK THE PLACE WHEN I'M GONE YOU'LL ALL BE GROUNDED FOR A MONTH

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
The Chair
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2004, 06:30:01 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
It is a lovely chair, Paul, and congratulations.


Thank you Andalucia.  It was your advice that made up my mind for me.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
The Chair
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2004, 06:31:20 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Six hours and counting.


Did I misread?  I thought it was Saturday night you were pulling the plug.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The Chair
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2004, 06:32:54 pm »

No, it was Sunday night.  

Monday morning I ship this PC back to HP, so I have to pack it tonight and get it ready so I can stagger out of bed tomorrow and answer the door.

After that, it's all fun and excitement.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The Chair
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2004, 06:33:27 pm »

P.S. Congrats on the new chair.  It'll comfortably seat whomever happens to ride in the back of your pickup truck.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
The Chair
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2004, 06:39:17 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
P.S. Congrats on the new chair.  It'll comfortably seat whomever happens to ride in the back of your pickup truck.


Ok I didn't really want to post this picture because it's less flattering than the other two, but since you insist, here it is in my humble abode.

~Paul

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
The Chair
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2004, 06:48:25 pm »

And it matches the decor very well...

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
The Chair
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2004, 06:58:00 pm »

Damnit now I want that chair.
The ergonomics of it remind me of the chairs on the Death Star or something. You have to take a photo from behind it so that we can paint your head white, and lower a black helmet from the ceiling.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
The Chair
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2004, 08:18:37 pm »

Mad props on actually buying the chair, man. May it give you many happy hours of sitting enjoyment.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
The Chair
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2004, 11:31:17 pm »

I'm still dubious about the chair, but now I want a pickup truck.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
The Chair
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2004, 02:11:37 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
I'm still dubious about the chair, but now I want a pickup truck.


I can't help you with the truck, but perhaps this will put your mind at ease about the chair.

~Paul

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
The Chair
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2004, 03:06:08 am »

at ease??

Who put the vermin in charge of the lysol?

Man, I told you that was a porch chair! Now you'll have to feed that kid AND compete with him for chair time.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
The Chair
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2004, 03:19:11 am »

I used to have that very same Pink Floyd poster.  If you'd said the chair was going in front of that poster I would have unequivically supported its purchase.  It just fits, somehow.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up