The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jough on February 22, 2006, 09:35:35 am

Title: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: jough on February 22, 2006, 09:35:35 am
Holy Shit!

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02222006

Ray really is the Son of Rodney.  That ain't bullcrap!

Oh man.  He clean ripped a dude's face off.  Like Nick Cage in that shitty movie whose name I can't remember.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: starlight on February 22, 2006, 09:39:50 am
Oh mayyn....

I'm a bit scared.

That last panel may haunt my dreams tonight :O

Still.... go Ray!  he won't take any crap from that crap dude... steal his gang, yeah right.

..and wow, I came back to the board right as this topic was made... pretty cool.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: filas on February 22, 2006, 09:54:50 am
DAMN, RAY !!! 
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: melack on February 22, 2006, 10:21:09 am
The phrase 'hony tonk-style blowjob' was soooo worth looking at that horrific last panel. So awesome.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Tuff Ghost on February 22, 2006, 10:56:22 am
I am yet another newbie who has finally signed up thanks to the Great Outdoor Fight.

The sheer brutality of the last panel was the tipping point. Holy Shit indeed.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Immortal on February 22, 2006, 10:58:45 am
oh my god.

i don't think i have ever felt short of breath after reading a comic strip before.

i definitely didn't see that coming.

ray ripped honky tonk hooker's face clean off. i think a lot of posts in this thread will contain that sentence...  there's just not much else to say.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Tangle on February 22, 2006, 11:15:58 am
Oh man. Strip delivers, and how.

The first two rows I was all "oh no, Ray's game is up now!" I should have had more trust in Son Of Rodney.

Looking at it now... doesn't the first panel look like Ray is waiting for the Honky-Tonk dude? Like he knows he is coming, and a face-ripping-off is in order?

It's pretty cool how Ray springs into action.

Remember folks: when someone is punched hard in the face, the sound it makes is SLAM!
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: misterqueue on February 22, 2006, 11:16:52 am
Holy Shit!


I just... I don't even know that cat anymore.  Who the hell is that?  It looks like Ray, but..  man...
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Golfhaus on February 22, 2006, 11:33:29 am
Mercy.

Best strip EVER. It brings the funny, brings the imminent end to softy Ray's GOF experience, and then... we see the horror that can only be unleashed by someone who will dress up in a fruit costume and sit in sour cream all by himself. And as an added bonus, it has an immediate front-runner for the 2006 TOUAMB catchphrase o' the year.

A+++++ WILL READ AGAIN AND RECCOOMMENND TO FRIENDS
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Tangle on February 22, 2006, 11:47:25 am
Oh. Another thing.

Apparently, in GOF not everybody just chills at night. Some get delusions of grandeur and get their face torn clean off by Son of Rodney.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: theinevitable on February 22, 2006, 11:54:09 am

oh goodness!
*swoons*
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: MattFish on February 22, 2006, 12:06:03 pm
Apparently, in GOF not everybody just chills at night. Some get delusions of grandeur and get their face torn clean off by Son of Rodney.

You cold have to sleep with one eye open, dig?

Face. Clean. Off. It is unanimous.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: nuero on February 22, 2006, 12:12:30 pm
Holy shit. Didn't see that coming.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: theinevitable on February 22, 2006, 12:15:18 pm
ok, here is how this went:


Me: shit, man. what's the deal? ray punches a guy in the back? god. this is so lame. obviously he's just going to trick his way to the top. goddamn.
onstad: no dude, look. sound and vision!
me: so he just falls on a dude? onstad, you have lost it. you're just pretending to be the artist that you used to be.
onstad: RAAASKK! *rips off my face*



that's how it went, basically.


I just spent the whole time I was in the shower thinking of how best to explain this. get me help.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Color_Me_Brad on February 22, 2006, 12:22:56 pm
Oh boy. Love Achewood, but this is the strip that pused me over to joining this board. I've been loving the GREAT OUTDOOR FIGHT, but couldn't live with myself if I didn't comment on this strip.

Like many of you, my first thought was......Aww crap, Ray's getting the crap beat outta him. Oh, how foolish I am. And then...."HOLY SHIT". I think I muttered that for a good minute just staring at that last panel. That's GREUESOME! It's a fact: Ray is not pussy-footing his way in the GOF.

The Son of Rodney is here to stay.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Doc on February 22, 2006, 12:33:53 pm
I just... I don't even know that cat anymore.  Who the hell is that?  It looks like Ray, but..  man...
I don't care what you say or who you thought you knew. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11042005)

Here was me thinking it was all going to go off on some crappy tangent about Teodore talking to everyone about Ray at the fight. I am so sorry Onstad. I am So Sorry.
I thought only the mustache was coming off.... It's been said before but: best arc ever.



Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: figurefour on February 22, 2006, 12:40:32 pm
Did I register just to post about this incredible arc? Surely so! The stark terror of the other cat as he realises his fuck*ng face is being fuck*ng pulled off - perfect.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: misterqueue on February 22, 2006, 12:41:23 pm
Look, I don't want to be the dick that rains on the good party.  The strip is golden right?  It's like a golden calf on a pyre that you suddenly find out is filled with the best dark chocolate you've ever had; it's that good.

But, after this, can we ever go back to the old Ray?  I mean will we ever see this Ray (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07112005) again?

He just tore off someone's precious visage here people, there is not a turning back point from that... unless something cheesy happens like  IT WAS ALL A DREAM, but I sincerely doubt we're seeing that sort of deal.

The Ray we knew:  Jan 10th, 2002 - Feb 22nd, 2006
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Golfhaus on February 22, 2006, 12:46:52 pm
Dammit, Q, as you were writing that, I was writing the exact same thing in a new thread.

I share your concerns, basically.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: sensate on February 22, 2006, 12:51:39 pm
No, he didn't!

Ditto to that short-of-breath comment above.

Wow. I was expecting this to wind up in a "a-bloo-bloo-bloo" kind of resolution. All the foregoing was staged, but you can't fake stone cold face-removal, even if it might be a bit easier for a cat than for other species. I guess blood will tell, after all. I've totally revised the odds on a potential Ray-Beef finale, too.

(It's a pity, too, because Guaranteed is my favorite kind of blowjob.)
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: miles on February 22, 2006, 12:54:36 pm
No way.  Ray will win the fight, and then the very next day he'll be breaking the internet and getting chased by Puerto Ricans again.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: misterqueue on February 22, 2006, 12:58:10 pm
No way.  Ray will win the fight, and then the very next day he'll be breaking the internet and getting chased by Puerto Ricans again.

If that happens I will personally drink a ton of red food coloring and pee on 'Stad's driveway.  The resulting blood red urine will spell out

"Y
   O
     U
       R

          F
           A
             U
               L
                 T"
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Golfhaus on February 22, 2006, 01:01:54 pm
For serious. I will sign him up for SO MUCH SPAM. And a membership in the San Joaquin Valley Best-itute Of The Month Club.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Dr. Sodomy on February 22, 2006, 01:15:50 pm
Now if Ray were to eat the part of his face that he just tore off, he'd be a super-mega-jumbo hardass. I knew that I should have given Ray more credit than I did, seeing as he did once rip the rear axle off of a car.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: EgoSumNoah on February 22, 2006, 01:27:40 pm
I give Ray one week tops before he's acting like that dude's face did not just melt like baby back ribs in the mouth.

These traumas have been forgotten before. Remember, cats die in this strip without changing their ways.

The biggest exception I can think of is how, since around the time Beef hooked up with Molly, he's been more confrontational and less suicidal.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Doc on February 22, 2006, 01:32:33 pm
I've actually been vaguely wondering if this is a lead up to if not the end of achewood then some profound change. But that just can't be can it? Not if Teodore is still checking his blogs at home.
I'm going to bet some change at the very end, at this point Ray has had it his way for waaay too long to actually win, he is doing so well we expect a win, so we're not going to get it. So either someone hands him his ass or he realises why his momma never wanted him to look for this ability in himself. Then he can go back to being regular Ray.
If he does win it has to be in a way his friends can shrug off, you can't just be another guy after winning the GOF, it just doesn't happen.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: sunnystar on February 22, 2006, 01:42:55 pm
I love the change from everyone's complete disappointment in yesterday's strip...to today, where everyone's faces are in shock because someone's face is MISSING! GO RAY! I would like to think I'd be chosen by his side...

But "Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob" is my new favorite phrase...use it today!
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Golfhaus on February 22, 2006, 01:47:28 pm
Today's Little Detail You Don't Pick Up On Right Away: Honky-Tonk has fangs.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Doc on February 22, 2006, 01:52:02 pm
Little detail probably everyone but me picked up on: Ray's enraged shaking fist in panel 6. Actually check his eyebrows too, I think that's the first time they've actually had an actual angle in them, usually they just have that gentle curve in them that varies depending on emotion. Maybe this is like Beserker Ray, which is why we've never seen him before and need never see him again.

he scares me
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: arlucasinc on February 22, 2006, 01:57:03 pm
Like Nick Cage in that shitty movie whose name I can't remember.

Face Off (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119094/)? Ugh. Awful, terrible, horrible movie. Just ugh.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: bonaparte on February 22, 2006, 01:59:46 pm
Son of Rodney SHOWS HIS DAMN STUFF, and about time too.

No one said it could be done, but now it has happened, and we are all forever changed.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: theinevitable on February 22, 2006, 02:19:32 pm
man, I've already had my wanting-to-rip-off-face moment of the day. or, of the year.

when that boy was screaming in my face and implying that I want the terrorists to kill us all, I was wanting to rip off his face.

I guess now I know I'm not son of rodney, because I just tried to look like I was calmly, politely listening, while my heart rate elevated to hella levels.

now I know: if the boy is scrawny and slightly far away, I will scream right back at him with impunity. if he is in my face and saying things that almost make sense, I will be terrified.

damn. I was hoping I had hidden GOF-style actions.
also, its harder to get mad and scream "our civil liberties are more important!" than it is to say "do you want us all to die!"

plus I kind of said something that was not right, and he totally called me on it.

um, remember when Ray ripped off a man's face? That was incredible.
www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02222006
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: CortJstr on February 22, 2006, 02:20:36 pm
I never could've predicted the board would go from "it's all about the eyebrows" to "it's all about tearing off faces." Damn Ray. I know the guy insulted your parentage but damn dude. Damn.

Tomorrow: Ray's necklace of ears.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: sensate on February 22, 2006, 02:24:59 pm
What's also interesting to me is that at no time does Ray show any sign of being afraid, or even of being threatened. His arms are still crossed even as he's insulting a Big Bad Dude. After he's hit, he looks more annoyed than anything. I mean, this guy looks primed to stomp him thorough, and it don't faze him none.

Then he's up, gets Elevation, and goes to work. Never a trace of doubt or even fury (that gets past his fist, anyway), just Edison-type calculation. This is truly a different Ray.

I'm gonna chalk this all up to the Fight, and leave it at that. Think about it, Ray became an international superstar, and he didn't change. He became the biggest part of a billionaire, and he didn't change. I think he could win the GOF and still be Ray. Once the testosterone and the ghost of his father dissipate, he'll be his old self again.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 22, 2006, 02:29:03 pm
Now if Ray were to eat the part of his face that he just tore off, he'd be a super-mega-jumbo hardass. I knew that I should have given Ray more credit than I did, seeing as he did once rip the rear axle off of a car.

Seriously people, is that not what I was saying? THE DUDE HAS ICKY MOVES and you all suck for doubting.
Also, second to last panel (10), I think he was using an actual cat's stretch/clawing motion as a guide for his drawing.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Tangle on February 22, 2006, 02:30:27 pm
I just thought of something.

Where is Beef? So far, he's been planning and observing everything very carefully.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Emergent_C on February 22, 2006, 02:37:39 pm
Here's an eerie and remarkable detail that people seem to have missed:

The blood on Ray's face looks almost exactly like his father's soul patch.


ooo-eee-ooo
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: V-Adore on February 22, 2006, 02:39:33 pm
I wouldn't be too surprised if Beef had planned this too, just to get Ray's killer instinct to manifest. After all, once you've tasted the face-blood of a honky tonk hooker, you can't go back.

Two favorite details of this strip:
1) Honky Tonk's semi-disembodied tongue
2) The fact that Honky Tonk has no visible mouth or jaw, just sort of a "where the head ends" thing, until it is ripped off.

RAY RIPPED OFF A DUDE'S FACE, PEOPLE. All else defies discussion. (Not that we shouldn't try, though.)
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: dejavroom on February 22, 2006, 02:52:04 pm
stuffs I liked:

2nd panel with Honky-Tonk slowly approaching under the moon, all whistling and oozing confidence: Pure joy.

That just before tearing dude's face off, Ray lifts it up a bit by the cheeks, you know, just before yanking it off.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 22, 2006, 03:00:33 pm
The DQ loading crane must be a painful ride if you have no face.

ObUnrelated Meme: no matter how old it is, it's new to wombat (http://www.glumbert.com/media/rave.html)
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 22, 2006, 03:04:48 pm
oohhhhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

The only downside is the lack of witnesses.  Yeah, honky-tonk guy will stumble back out to the middle of the Acres with his face all ripped off, and word will get around.  But it would have been nice if the troops could have beheld it first-hand.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Golfhaus on February 22, 2006, 03:06:50 pm
Who's to say they didn't - Ray's posse now numbers about 38; even if they weren't in-frame, at least one of them must've seen it.

If there's doubt, Ray can always give them Honky-Tonk's lower face back and they can try to match it up, Cinderella-like.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: misterqueue on February 22, 2006, 03:33:58 pm
My darling Q,
Please God that you find this note safely. When Uncle sent you to tend the chickens, he lured me into the parlor and forced me to lift my petticoats and show him my ankles. Barely escaping his evil clutches I have fled in disguise to a small town in Oxford, whose name I dare not commit to writing for fear of discovery.  When you find me, you will recognize me by the secret handshake. 
In haste,
W

Dearest Sister W,

It has been cold in the house since you left.  Poor demented Uncle Hermann has not as of yet shown hide nor hair of interest when I pointed out that the meagre nightshirt he has left me as covering will do naught to let the incisions on my backside properly heal.  Allow me a moment to reveal to you the current plight with Old Uncle.

Upon receiving your missive from Oxfordshire, I decided henceforth to follow unto your side posthaste.  The plan was, admittedly, rather foolish and fully on the side of err given that Uncle favors those Irish Wolfhounds that always gave you nightmares.  I wish I could gaze upon your face yet again, so that I may have the strength to free myself from the backroom he has seen fit to keep me in for a time.

I suspect I shall try yet again when I get the chance, until then I hope this letter finds you safe and happy.  I fear I may join Mother and Father in their freshened grave soon enough; think little of me as it will only cause you pain.

Yours,
Q
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Turbo Ninja on February 22, 2006, 03:34:49 pm
If you grow a mustache like that one, it's your own damn fault for getting your face ripped off.

Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Limmo on February 22, 2006, 03:45:46 pm
As Ray sprang through the air to tear Honky-Tonk's face off, I heard the bionic sound  (http://65.24.76.65/sounds/televis/six_million/smbion.mp3) in my head.

That is all. 

That, and Ray is who I want to be when I grow up.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: CortJstr on February 22, 2006, 04:07:15 pm
RAY RIPPED OFF A DUDE'S FACE, PEOPLE. All else defies discussion. (Not that we shouldn't try, though.)

No one said it could be done.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: robot_god on February 22, 2006, 04:10:40 pm
Imagine standing there, holding a man's face in your hands.  What to do?

You would be insane not to eat it.

Perhaps Ray would do the humanitarian thing; drop the dude's face on his chest and slip a fifty dollar bill in his breast pocket.

If I authored this comic, tomorrow's strip would be a close up of Ray and his mouth as he stuffed the face in.  Liquids gushing all over, crunching onomotopoeia, man, it would be lush.  My personal goal would be to make a drawing that when it was done, I would be afraid of myself.  Damn...  now I already am, a little bit.

On the topic of returning to old times Ray:
It won't be a problem.  I'd bet everyone has already forgot that in the parking lot, Beef stone cold ran down a man.

But, perhaps, that is not the same as stone cold tearing a man's face off.

In closing:  tomorrow's strip???
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 22, 2006, 04:11:36 pm


In closing:  tomorrow's strip???

Chicken.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Emmoh on February 22, 2006, 04:27:52 pm

In closing:  tomorrow's strip???

I'm trying to take some guesses. Here's what my hunch tells me...

Beef and Ray go back to the army and bitch out the troops for letting the Son of Rodney have to fight at night. I imagine this is the beginning of Ray getting the day 2 off, feasting on turkey and brandy while his troops swell and position themselves for the final showdown.

-or-

Beef is irritated at Ray for putting himself in danger and compromising the plan, hence starting a rift. This fits too perfectly with what he's trying to establish to go that route though, imo.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: maskedyodeler on February 22, 2006, 04:29:13 pm
But the real question is, when is Barry Best going to blog about the face ripping?
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: wombat on February 22, 2006, 04:52:37 pm
Dearest Sister W,

It has been cold in the house since you left.  Poor demented Uncle Hermann has not as of yet shown hide nor hair of interest when I pointed out that the meagre nightshirt he has left me as covering will do naught to let the incisions on my backside properly heal.  Allow me a moment to reveal to you the current plight with Old Uncle.

Upon receiving your missive from Oxfordshire, I decided henceforth to follow unto your side posthaste.  The plan was, admittedly, rather foolish and fully on the side of err given that Uncle favors those Irish Wolfhounds that always gave you nightmares.  I wish I could gaze upon your face yet again, so that I may have the strength to free myself from the backroom he has seen fit to keep me in for a time.

I suspect I shall try yet again when I get the chance, until then I hope this letter finds you safe and happy.  I fear I may join Mother and Father in their freshened grave soon enough; think little of me as it will only cause you pain.

Yours,
Q

Sweet Q,

I despair to think of you shivering in the back room without your trousers and cloak, your tender, abused nether regions exposed to the wretched chill. I beg, nay, implore God that you may someday forgive me for taking them so that I could dress myself as a boy, for fear of the debauchery rife among travellers on these roads.

Still even in my disguise, I am beset by perils. Last evening, I followed the scent of roasted turkey - oh, how long it has been since I tasted such sweet flesh, with naught but berries gathered in the woods to sustain me! I found myself outside a strange place surrounded by a high wall, where men offered me food and warmth if I would join in their ritual fight.

I was saved at the last moment by a mustache'd fellow who explained to me the rules of the game within.  Oh, Q, they are too horrible to relate! Truly I would never again have gazed upon your loving countenance had I submitted to their entreaties.

I will not forget you.  We must endeavor to thwart the wolfhounds.  Do not lose hope.
W
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Emmoh on February 22, 2006, 04:54:46 pm
At a closer look, I just noticed Ray's hands, and the anger under his eyes in panel seven...that's awesome.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Beatrice on February 22, 2006, 05:04:44 pm
Jough, what do i pay to change my name to "Honky Tonk Hooker"?
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: misterqueue on February 22, 2006, 05:08:03 pm
Jough, what do i pay to change my name to "Honky Tonk Hooker"?

Usually Hooker's GET paid, in this case, well.. there's only one way a Honky Tonk Hooker would pay I'd guess.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Beatrice on February 22, 2006, 05:08:52 pm
It's a fact: Ray is not pussy-footing his way in the GOF.

But it's funny, cuz he IS. 
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Golfhaus on February 22, 2006, 05:43:31 pm
In closing:  tomorrow's strip???

Word of Son of Rodney being the real deal results in a couple hundred souls joining the Legion of Ray, giving him the army he needs to enjoy the turkey and brandy feast.

Roast Beef, not technicnally being a leader, must fight, and promptly dies.

Hilarity Drama ensues.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: misterqueue on February 22, 2006, 05:57:41 pm
No no.. Roast Beef will fight the only way he knows how: Breakdancing!

It'll be all Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo up ins.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: behka on February 22, 2006, 06:38:54 pm
wow.   i knew at some point ray would rise up a bit and fight on his own (he is the son of rodney after all), but i still think that even after this display of ferocity..... ray will not win the fight.

my money's still on beef.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: robot_roll_call on February 22, 2006, 06:40:17 pm
No way that Beef planned this. This one was all Ray, showing that he really is the Son of Rodney. I would say ripping a guy's goddamn face off easily matches any of the feats we saw Rodney do in the flashback strip.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: CortJstr on February 22, 2006, 06:41:25 pm
No no.. Roast Beef will fight the only way he knows how: Breakdancing!

It'll be all Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo up ins.

I dunno. Ray was in The Dude Has Got No Mercy. He could easily out dance Beef.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: misterqueue on February 22, 2006, 06:45:55 pm
I dunno. Ray was in The Dude Has Got No Mercy. He could easily out dance Beef.

But Ray was only doing Underground Street Dancing (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02042004), maybe the dolphin burns imply Breakdancing though.  So confounding.

Anyway I imagine beef, being the board of directors to Ray's CEO of HissingRayCorp, would fight the other side's First Mate before he ever had to face Ray.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: jough on February 22, 2006, 06:48:11 pm
Jough, what do i pay to change my name to "Honky Tonk Hooker"?

Oh, I'll think of something...
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Drygioni on February 22, 2006, 06:51:33 pm
I'm jumping on this topic a wee bit late for sure, but this was an awesome strip. I kind of thought Ray had met his maker for a minute there, but then the pounce! and the face rip! It was bloody fantastic, that's what it was.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: HonkyTonkHooker on February 22, 2006, 06:58:29 pm
"I never wanted you to look for that ability in yourself"

another newbie signing up.

Ray will eat his face
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: sunnystar on February 22, 2006, 07:06:04 pm
"I never wanted you to look for that ability in yourself"

another newbie signing up.

Ray will eat his face

Oh man, you stole the name beatrice stated she was going to use. I don't know about that....
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Shazbut on February 22, 2006, 07:09:24 pm
I know others have already expressed concerns, so I'll just express them a little bit louder way down into the 5th page when people are no longer reading:

I'm half-thinking of giving up reading this strip on a regular basis. I just can't accept that Ray would rip off a man's face. Beef appears to be slowly changing from a sensitive and bright loser to a secure and even charismatic human being, which is far less interesting but at least plausable. Ray is (was) a lovable buffoon who takes life easy and has now done....that....in the last panel of this strip.

We talk about the wild inconsistencies in these characters as if it's a good thing: that they're complex people. In reality, I'm starting to believe Onstad doesn't give a damn about any sort of continuity. Perhaps he really has to think hard for story ideas.

Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 22, 2006, 07:12:10 pm
I know others have already expressed concerns, so I'll just express them a little bit louder way down into the 5th page when people are no longer reading:

I'm half-thinking of giving up reading this strip on a regular basis. I just can't accept that Ray would rip off a man's face. Beef appears to be slowly changing from a sensitive and bright loser to a secure and even charismatic human being, which is far less interesting but at least plausable. Ray is (was) a lovable buffoon who takes life easy and has now done....that....in the last panel of this strip.

We talk about the wild inconsistencies in these characters as if it's a good thing: that they're complex people. In reality, I'm starting to believe Onstad doesn't give a damn about any sort of continuity. Perhaps he really has to think hard for story ideas.

I'd look somewhere else for complexity. May I suggest the Nate Small series, with it's echoes of Classical Literature? I know I guy you can have maximum intellectual cuddles with.

Why, if I were you, I'd ask for double my money back! The nerve of some artists!

<><><><>

Also, I think Son of Rodney is building a brand here. Remember how Envelope Martinez 'lost a fight" and had "part of his face eaten"?
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: CortJstr on February 22, 2006, 07:15:40 pm
I'm a fairly strong believer that Onstad actively dislikes continuity. It's harder to be funny if you have to worry about how Bono could have a feline butler and why Mr. Bear was unfamilar with bourbon despite being very worldly and snobbish. When's the last time Beef sent an e-mail from his spinal internet connection? And is his mom the kind of person who checks her e-mail anyway?

Whenever you notice something like this, a wizard did it.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Shazbut on February 22, 2006, 07:23:34 pm
Why did I lose a can of Dr Pepper? Oh well, I don't understand the whole system here anyway.

For God's sake, Onstad's human isn't he? I'm not even slightly angry or sad that Achewood's inconsistency is getting to me, if I'm losing interest in the strip, I'm losing interest in the strip. I don't care. I'll read something else.

Was it offensive of me to express that? Apparently so. Sorry.

Quote
Quote from CortJstr
I'm a fairly strong believer that Onstad actively dislikes continuity. It's harder to be funny if you have to worry about how Bono could have a feline butler and why Mr. Bear was unfamilar with bourbon despite being very worldly and snobbish.

I guess you're right. Viewed in this way, I can let a little continuity slip for the sake of imagination.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: CortJstr on February 22, 2006, 07:25:50 pm
Why did I lose a can of Dr Pepper? Oh well, I don't understand the whole system here anyway.

For God's sake, Onstad's human isn't he? I'm not even slightly angry or sad that Achewood's inconsistency is getting to me, if I'm losing interest in the strip, I'm losing interest in the strip. I don't care. I'll read something else.

Was it offensive of me to express that? Apparently so. Sorry.

In the IRC chats at least one person has admitted to taking cans randomly in order to make himself feel like a big man. I'm guessing there's at least one or two that like to haze newbies via can removal as well.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: misterqueue on February 22, 2006, 07:27:12 pm
In the IRC chats at least one person has admitted to taking cans randomly in order to make himself feel like a big man. I'm guessing there's at least one or two that like to haze newbies via can removal as well.

See Also:

People can be dicks.  Welcome to the World.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 22, 2006, 07:33:56 pm
People, they're imaginary cans. If it makes you feel better, ignore the minus sign.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Shazbut on February 22, 2006, 07:34:51 pm
Ah right. Thanks for the help all :)

If it's any consolation, I also think the GOF is the most interesting dramatic arc in the strip's history.

EDIT: I've lost 2! Lol.

TAKE 20!!! GO ON!!
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: EgoSumNoah on February 22, 2006, 07:45:12 pm
I'm a fairly strong believer that Onstad actively dislikes continuity.

It's true.

We talk about the wild inconsistencies in these characters as if it's a good thing: that they're complex people. In reality, I'm starting to believe Onstad doesn't give a damn about any sort of continuity. Perhaps he really has to think hard for story ideas.

From Onstad's interviews, it sounds like a lot of work making new, awesome things happen every day. I'd guess that's why Toothpaste for Dinner (http://www.toothpastefordinner.com) is only funny half the time (but what a half). Some of these arcs are great, but I suspect that in part they exist to take some pressure off of the artist. The GOF arc stands out in several ways: 1) people dig fighting, 2) Onstad can focus more on the art, and 3) it takes some pressure off the dialogue. This arc has a fairly clear trajectory (at least to it's writer), and probably gives the author a breather from the wit. Don't get me wrong, "Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob" deserves a two page spread in the OED with color pictures and maybe a tear-out poster, but there's generally less talking.

I think Ray's gonna die. And not come back right away. Like how after Hercules had kicked everyone's ass, and there were no unkicked asses left, he got taken out by a major Goddess and went to redden asses in Hades.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: littlefox on February 22, 2006, 08:11:58 pm
Shazbut, I took a can, because the discussion forum isn't the place to whine. Yes, we know Onstad's human. I'm here because I bloody LOVE this comic. If you don't like it, why did you even register an account to say so? It's a waste. I used to like PvP and now I think it's gone down the tubes. Do you see me registering an acct on their forums? No. A personal e-mail to Scott (or, in your case, Onstad) would be more sensical.

THAT SAID. Onstad probably has the awesomest continuity ever, in some ways. Sure, the events of the strip are random and nonsensical, but the man writes in-character blogs for all the main characters. He's more familiar with his characters' personalities than the average webcomic writer.

I think this strip reveals something that was inside of Ray all this time; we just didn't see it.
I don't think I'll have any problem going back to "ordinary" Ray after this, though. A man can be brave enough to rip off another man's face, but still be from history ( http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01272005 ). That does not unnerve me.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 22, 2006, 08:15:02 pm
I'm a fairly strong believer that Onstad actively dislikes continuity. It's harder to be funny if you have to worry about how Bono could have a feline butler and why Mr. Bear was unfamilar with bourbon despite being very worldly and snobbish. When's the last time Beef sent an e-mail from his spinal internet connection? And is his mom the kind of person who checks her e-mail anyway?

Whenever you notice something like this, a wizard did it.

Can of Dr. Pepper for your concisely stated observation. No one gets this continuity-snobbish about Family Guy, for example, despite some continuity over the run of the show.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 22, 2006, 08:19:51 pm
A personal e-mail to Scott (or, in your case, Onstad) would be more sensical.


I suggest stalking his dog on the internet.

Also, please feel free to enjoy the free comic, or look elsewhere for your free entertainment.

Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: mudokon on February 22, 2006, 08:54:10 pm
In the IRC chats at least one person has admitted to taking cans randomly in order to make himself feel like a big man.

psst - i was joking.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: CortJstr on February 22, 2006, 08:55:27 pm
psst - i was joking.

Make that two people
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: misterqueue on February 22, 2006, 09:05:49 pm
Make that two people

Actually 3 IIRIRCC*, but two of those were definitely joking.


* If I remember IRC Correctly.


w00t, 700 posts and each one of them like a tiny tiny diamond.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: CortJstr on February 22, 2006, 09:13:02 pm
w00t, 700 posts and each one of them like a tiny tiny diamond.

Your posts' values were artificially inflated by the DeBeers corporation? That is frickin' awesome.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: sunnystar on February 22, 2006, 09:37:46 pm
w00t, 700 posts and each one of them like a tiny tiny diamond.

I want a tiny diamond.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: IsoscelesLock on February 22, 2006, 09:43:15 pm
But the real question is, when is Barry Best going to blog about the face ripping?

Apparently never: http://gaspsandgiggles.blogspot.com/

(except a link to some lame porn site)
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Shazbut on February 22, 2006, 09:44:07 pm
Quote
Originally posted by littlefox
I'm here because I bloody LOVE this comic. If you don't like it, why did you even register an account to say so? It's a waste. I used to like PvP and now I think it's gone down the tubes. Do you see me registering an acct on their forums? No. A personal e-mail to Scott (or, in your case, Onstad) would be more sensical.

I love this comic too! I've read every one in the archive as I'm sure most people here have. Where did I say I didn't like it? I would send a personal email to Onstad but I don't think I'm in any position to tell him how to draw and write his own comic, and besides, what do I care? Like I said, he can do what he wants and if I'm not interested, I'll move elsewhere. I was just expressing my anxiety over where these characters were going, because I like the strip, otherwise why would I be anxious, and now I'm a whining newbie who hates the strip and just joined to annoy you all.

And how does something being free make it impervious to criticism? Thanks for the smart and helpful replies from CortJstr and EgoSum for example, who simply discussed what I brought up, agreed with parts and disagreed with parts, and have now moved on. That's all I was looking for.

Anyway, please get back to the strip. I won't interrupt again.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: misterqueue on February 22, 2006, 09:47:47 pm
I want a tiny diamond.


Are you proposing to me?  Jeez, I'm already fake married to womby due to our can count.  Should I move to Utah with Paul?
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: sunnystar on February 22, 2006, 09:57:36 pm

Are you proposing to me?  Jeez, I'm already fake married to womby due to our can count.  Should I move to Utah with Paul?


Gosh, no silly! I said I want the diamond. Not I'm giving YOU the diamond. Hehe. :D
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Flaaron on February 22, 2006, 10:52:12 pm
Holy shit.

Ray is a God damned MACHINE. A machine built for no reason other than to rip hell of faces off. Built by a man whose cold, dead soul harbored naught but deep hated for all the world.

But, nah, the old Ray isn't dead. Just taking a brief reprieve. People are totally different during the fight. I doubt that while Envelópe Martinez was handing dudes their asses anyone thought he was gonna go home put up an animatronic Nativity scene for his kids.

Also, hi.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: wombat on February 22, 2006, 11:36:18 pm
Gosh, no silly! I said I want the diamond. Not I'm giving YOU the diamond. Hehe. :D

And a damn good thing too, sister.  I didn't give Q all those cans so I could sit back and watch while I lose him to some cute little newbie.

Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: misterqueue on February 22, 2006, 11:40:42 pm
And a damn good thing too, sister.  I didn't give Q all those cans so I could sit back and watch while I lose him to some cute little newbie.


This just in:


Catfights over me...  HOT!

Thank you and goodnight.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: acoxcae on February 22, 2006, 11:52:30 pm
...and back to the topic at hand.

I think that it is almost certainly Rodney's hat that is making Ray a cold-blooded killing machine - if the Chochacho medallion can make him easy-going all the time, then the hat can certainly angry up his blood.

As an example - when Beef runs over the dude in the parking lot, Ray freaks out.  No hat.

When Ray tears a man's face off after being punched in the nose - hat.

I'm just saying, is all.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Mr. Gary on February 23, 2006, 12:04:40 am
Or maybe they are entirely different people.

So then, where did original Ray go?

I guess that Roast Beef will take down CloneRay, and take off his hat, only to reveal a lime. A lime that splits open. A shuriken shoots out.

oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Roger on February 23, 2006, 12:07:33 am
Did I register just to post about this incredible arc? Surely so! The stark terror of the other cat as he realises his fuck*ng face is being fuck*ng pulled off - perfect.

Dude, your first post wasn't basically like treasure, but your avatar triangulated in my mind with the face-ripping panel, and the conclusion is: Ray's into Suehiro Maruo. (http://www.woodenmen.org/maruo/images1/bloodyface.jpg)
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Color_Me_Brad on February 23, 2006, 01:59:17 am
But it's funny, cuz he IS. 

If you wanna get technical......  ;D
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Mr. Gary on February 23, 2006, 02:27:39 am
Dude, your first post wasn't basically like treasure, but your avatar triangulated in my mind with the face-ripping panel, and the conclusion is: Ray's into Suehiro Maruo. (http://www.woodenmen.org/maruo/images1/bloodyface.jpg)

PSA: The internet is totally the weirdest shit.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: CortJstr on February 23, 2006, 04:23:42 am
Or maybe they are entirely different people.

So then, where did original Ray go?

I guess that Roast Beef will take down CloneRay, and take off his hat, only to reveal a lime. A lime that splits open. A shuriken shoots out.

oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Dammit Liebot, quit impersonating members of Ray's family.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Gimpson on February 23, 2006, 04:54:05 am
If you grow a mustache like that one, it's your own damn fault for getting your face ripped off.

I am the former owner of a handlebar moustache, and after reading this strip, I'm extra glad it's gone. 
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: a change in plans on February 23, 2006, 05:12:52 am
perhaps when things get back to normal ray will find some harmlessly sophomoric way of peddling his new found skills. "totally prank on your least favorite cartoon characters for $10... decapitations by son of rodney $50 extra!"
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Tangle on February 23, 2006, 07:04:16 am
Yeah, the hat. It might very well be the hat that's doing this.

Note that the last strip before the hat (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02092006), Ray's just chilling, clearly being his old self. Then in the next one (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02132006), as soon as the hat goes on, Ray cold changes into Son of Rodney. I earlier thought he just wanted to "act" like a hard-ass, but now I'm more tempted to believe the hat is doing this. Also, all the "cat-like" moves Ray has never done before: the hat is in effect.

Pretty much the only thing that doesn't support this: the two last panels in this one (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02172006), where Ray sort of "breaks character".

And once again, one is left to ponder whether one should just get a life and/or just enjoy the comic for what it is.  :P
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: evan on February 23, 2006, 08:07:57 am





<-- Ray has always had a little bit of evil in him.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: nuero on February 23, 2006, 08:54:56 am
So is this face-ripping enough to tide us over for two days?
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Color_Me_Brad on February 23, 2006, 12:16:22 pm
So is this face-ripping enough to tide us over for two days?
Ahhh...I logged on early today ready to progress the story of the GOF and to my dissapointement I was greeted with the image of Ray pulling off a jawless man's visage AGAIN!  :'(
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: theinevitable on February 23, 2006, 12:32:58 pm
hey hey hey
give the kid a break
he's earned it.
*winks, and flips onstad a nickel*


but seriously, I think the mental trauma inherent in drawing a cat ripping off another cat's face... deserves a day off.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: robot_god on February 23, 2006, 12:51:14 pm
Every day there is no strip, I go down to the cemetary and cut my body.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: misterqueue on February 23, 2006, 01:17:30 pm
Every day there is no strip, I go down to the cemetary and cut my body.

Yes, but are there children present?  Goth children...
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on February 23, 2006, 03:22:51 pm
Bela Lugosi's dead...
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Formica on February 23, 2006, 05:20:32 pm
Every day there is no strip, I go down to the cemetary and cut my body.

Give it up for The Death Sound!
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: side_show on February 23, 2006, 05:44:20 pm
Every day there is no strip, I go down to the cemetary and cut my body.

Sniff, sniff...
"I'll show you mom and dad..."
Sniffle.
Girlfriend in a coma, I know, I know...
*Slice*
Sniff, sniffle...
It's serious...  Girlfriend in a coma, I know, I know...
"Fuck you mom.  Fuck you dad."
Sniff...  *Slice*

Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Turbo Ninja on February 23, 2006, 07:40:55 pm
...and back to the topic at hand.

I think that it is almost certainly Rodney's hat that is making Ray a cold-blooded killing machine - if the Chochacho medallion can make him easy-going all the time, then the hat can certainly angry up his blood.

As an example - when Beef runs over the dude in the parking lot, Ray freaks out.  No hat.

When Ray tears a man's face off after being punched in the nose - hat.

I'm just saying, is all.

When this is the way the arc plays out, it will be PROOF that Onstad reads this board and steals ideas.

Actually, I think that's a great explanation.

Now can you tell me what's up with that damned island on LOST?
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Drygioni on February 23, 2006, 07:51:03 pm
Sniff, sniff...
"I'll show you mom and dad..."
Sniffle.
Girlfriend in a coma, I know, I know...
*Slice*
Sniff, sniffle...
It's serious...  Girlfriend in a coma, I know, I know...
"Fuck you mom.  Fuck you dad."
Sniff...  *Slice*

Do you really think... she'll pull through? Morrissey's voice makes this song all the more hilarious. Gotta love that guy.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Undertoad on February 23, 2006, 08:38:24 pm
Heyyy... Envelópe Martinez lost part of his face but the explanation seemed to be that he got a transplant.  You don't think...?
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Roger on February 23, 2006, 09:32:45 pm
...and back to the topic at hand.

I think that it is almost certainly Rodney's hat that is making Ray a cold-blooded killing machine - if the Chochacho medallion can make him easy-going all the time, then the hat can certainly angry up his blood.

As an example - when Beef runs over the dude in the parking lot, Ray freaks out.  No hat.

When Ray tears a man's face off after being punched in the nose - hat.

I'm just saying, is all.

Was it ever stated that that's the actual hat Rodney wore, or is it just something Ray got from The Unique Guy?
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: acoxcae on February 23, 2006, 09:43:47 pm
Was it ever stated that that's the actual hat Rodney wore, or is it just something Ray got from The Unique Guy?

No, but then, who cares?  Lazarus was probably from the Unique Guy too.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: theinevitable on February 23, 2006, 10:13:05 pm
this is like when medieval people were presented with anything. maybe a witch cast a spell on him? we're all coming up with explanations, when really... I don't know. it seems like its just that Ray is a cat, and has killer cat-stincts. also, son of rodney! people wouldn't make such a big deal out of it if it didn't mean something.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 23, 2006, 10:15:11 pm
Heyyy... Envelópe Martinez lost part of his face but the explanation seemed to be that he got a transplant.  You don't think...?


Interesting thought.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: V-Adore on February 24, 2006, 01:31:27 am
Gothic dance! GOTHIC DANCE!

Anyway, as disappointed as I am to see a "we return Friday," with this arc I can really respect it. Drawing face-ripping can't be easy, and I think the GOF will be better given thorough thought. The "we return"s just irk me when one returns to find a Ray-and-Beef-sitting-around dialogue-based C&P job.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: Oglethorpe on February 24, 2006, 01:42:03 am
Haha, man, Chris is really taking A-Wood to a whole new level here. A whole new, friggin awesome level.

But now I wanna see Beef get violent!
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: weareas1 on February 24, 2006, 02:39:47 am
When this is the way the arc plays out, it will be PROOF that Onstad reads this board and steals ideas.

If anything, he comes here to make sure that he doesn't steal any ideas from fans.  He never goes for the obvious, and really strives to surprise us, just as he did with the last frame of yesterday's strip.  No one saw that coming!  The entire strip -- not just the last frame -- was a work of sheer awesomeness, a tour de force, and I would have been sorely disappointed if one of us had publicly predicted it.

So far, no one here has correctly guessed what might happen next (except for some minor stuff that didn't really move the story forward -- i.e.  Teodor reading the Gasps and Giggles blog).  Besides, this is what we really want -- to be delighted each day with the unpredictable originality of the strip.

So, if you really have a great idea as to how you'd like to see the story go -- Don't post it here!  Onstad will not be one-upped by us dorks.  (we dorks?)  Keep your idea to yourself, then later, if Onstad also comes up with the same idea, you can brag about how you knew all along that was going to happen.  And we'll all go, yeah, sure you did.

I have a few ideas of my own as to where this story might lead, but I ain't tellin'.

I must admit that I'm worried that Chris O. has raised the Achewood bar so high with this story, and the last strip in particular, that he may have difficulty satisfying us in the future.  We may need to see daily surprise face-rippings, or the surprise equivalent thereof, to keep us coming back.  "Here comes a special boy" strips just may not cut it after this.

Exciting times, these.


Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: CortJstr on February 24, 2006, 02:45:27 am
I must admit that I'm worried that Chris O. has raised the Achewood bar so high with this story, and the last strip in particular, that he may have difficulty satisfying us in the future.  We may need to see daily surprise face-rippings, or the surprise equivalent thereof, to keep us coming back.  "Here comes a special boy" strips just may not cut it after this.

Exciting times, these.

I like this arc and all but I still like "Huuuuuuuugs" and the original "Here comes a special boy" better.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: disseminary on February 24, 2006, 04:04:23 am
ill bet ray lights a cigarette afterward
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: robot_god on February 24, 2006, 08:57:25 am

I must admit that I'm worried that Chris O. has raised the Achewood bar so high with this story, and the last strip in particular, that he may have difficulty satisfying us in the future.  We may need to see daily surprise face-rippings, or the surprise equivalent thereof, to keep us coming back.  "Here comes a special boy" strips just may not cut it after this.

Exciting times, these.


After winning the fight, back in Achewood, Ray tears Philippe's face off.
Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: pmcd9 on February 25, 2006, 07:44:44 am
If you grow a mustache like that one, it's your own damn fault for getting your face ripped off.

I am the former owner of a handlebar moustache, and after reading this strip, I'm extra glad it's gone.

THIS is a handlebar moustache. (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/MOUSTACHE/DSCN10826-E2-400.jpg)

THIS is a honkytonk blowjob. (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/MOUSTACHE/DSCN0542-E2-400.jpg)

~Paul

Title: Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
Post by: CortJstr on February 25, 2006, 03:03:26 pm
Now do a fu man chu