The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Drygioni on June 03, 2006, 04:26:29 pm

Title: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: Drygioni on June 03, 2006, 04:26:29 pm
Just Cornelius for the moment. I think 'The Tired Old World' is a fantastic name for a pub, personally. Also, I am pleased to hear he is a fan of the Kinks. I bet he basically listens to Waterloo Sunset all the time.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: theinevitable on June 03, 2006, 04:43:15 pm
Jude: I almost bought "village green preservation society" a few days ago. Is this a good one?
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: Drygioni on June 03, 2006, 04:48:56 pm
Jude: I almost bought "village green preservation society" a few days ago. Is this a good one?

It is a very good one. I think a best-of would probably serve you better, 'cause they did a lot of good songs. There's about a million greatest hits compilations, your best bet would probably be a singles collection if you just want some of the typically Kinkier (see what I did?) stuff. But hey, it's all good.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: theinevitable on June 03, 2006, 04:50:50 pm
the thing is that this album was only 9 dollars due to Border's "classics on sale" thing.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: Drygioni on June 03, 2006, 04:55:13 pm
the thing is that this album was only 9 dollars due to Border's "classics on sale" thing.

Damn, if I had been you that album would have disappeared off the shelf, leaving only a cloud of dust to mark my presence. $9 is like £5.50! Cheap as chips.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: pmcd9 on June 03, 2006, 05:28:21 pm
tI, buy that album, definnitely, but also do what Judy suggested because the Kinks are one of the best bands ever, seriously.  Or PM me.

~Paul
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: theinevitable on June 03, 2006, 07:19:39 pm
hm.

I am doing a thing where I go to that store every so often to check out which albums are on sale.

...hopefully it will still be there when I go back.

I can probably get The Best of The Kinks through illegal means.
But I like to actually own CDs. Call me old fashioned, I guess.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: Hobot on June 03, 2006, 08:20:33 pm
It would appear that Lyle is still regurgitating that spaghetti.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: AugustWest on June 03, 2006, 08:20:40 pm
Village Green is a terrific album.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: theinevitable on June 03, 2006, 09:55:26 pm
Judy, I bought it.
thank you so much for this.

So far: I really like "Do you remember Walter?" because even though I am only 18, I already like to look back at people I knew when I was younger and miss them.
Especially people who i was friends with when I was like 10, and oh man they were so cool but I can't remember their last names.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: thedudeabides85 on June 03, 2006, 10:13:31 pm
Kink Kronikles is a great compilation album, and it'd be nice to own along with Village Green Preservation Society because there's only one song that overlaps (the title one).
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: Drygioni on June 03, 2006, 10:19:00 pm
Judy, I bought it.
thank you so much for this.

Don't thank me... thank Education. Also thank Achewood for bringing the whole Kinks discussion about!

thedudeabides, that is an excellent suggestion. No more indie-rock (or whatever you listen to) for you, Daniel. The Kinks is where it's at.

And final thanks to Hobot for trying to bring this round to the actual topic.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: AugustWest on June 04, 2006, 03:01:12 am
Judy, I bought it.
thank you so much for this.

So far: I really like "Do you remember Walter?" because even though I am only 18, I already like to look back at people I knew when I was younger and miss them.
Especially people who i was friends with when I was like 10, and oh man they were so cool but I can't remember their last names.

I think that's my favorite too.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: robot_god on June 04, 2006, 11:27:25 am
Fact:  Cornelius is offended when Ric Ocasek gives the middle finger while fingering a fifth chord.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: littlefallsmets on June 06, 2006, 05:40:46 pm
The idea that the only person who can put up with Pat for any extended period of time is a raving sociopathic murderer is a pretty Wonderful Idea.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: CortJstr on June 06, 2006, 05:52:45 pm
We're in prime farmer's market season and Pat is buying frozen dinners? Clearly he deserves to be arrested.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: Hobot on June 08, 2006, 02:52:09 pm
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Nice Pete has a repository of disguises in an indestructible shed, but it is delightful nonetheless.

I am deeply disturbed, however, by the description of charred tomatillo tamales as "pregnant little corn-flavored dream tubes."

Also, the name of Pat's accent has been changed from California surfer to "Jersey thug."  This is probably for the best, as the quoted lines did not smack of a tanned, stoned, boardshort-clad, bleached-blonde surfer to me.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 08, 2006, 06:48:41 pm

I am deeply disturbed, however, by the description of charred tomatillo tamales as "pregnant little corn-flavored dream tubes."


This is how I think of my wife.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: wombat on June 08, 2006, 07:08:55 pm
That's the most romantic thing I've ever heard.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: CortJstr on June 10, 2006, 06:23:46 pm
Of course Ray would not only order expensive recording equipment on a whim. He'd also spring for overnight shipping. First Overnight with Saturday delivery, I bet.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: Hobot on June 10, 2006, 06:41:18 pm
Krass Medik is a superb name, as is Kareem Kara-mell.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: Drygioni on June 10, 2006, 06:58:35 pm
Teodor is exactly the kind of dude who thinks he will be famous enough for a rockumentary.

On that note, when Ray was buying all that, I bet the salesman saw Ray's character and was all:

'These knobs go up to 11, while a normal set only contains knobs that go up towards 10.'

And Ray was all:

'Damn. 11. That's serious times.'

So he bought the Marshall recording equipment.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: theinevitable on June 10, 2006, 07:05:28 pm
oh goddamn.
I just realized that Teodor's blog is where I had heard that song title. (ie: the guided by voices song.)
that means that my name is only slightly better than that of teodor's blog (the inevitable was taken from The Exploding Plastic Inevitable).

the distinctive guitar which Cobain used on Unplugged was actually a really nice vintage guitar (assuming teodor is talking about that one). He found it in a pawn shop and bought it because he liked the look-- kind of jury-rigged. It ended up later that it was one of the first acoustic-electric guitars ever made. The production line consisted of like 50 instruments.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: FlipConstantine on June 10, 2006, 09:50:11 pm
Damn, I wish I could just find pro-quality recording gear just lying around.  My beats sound flat and my rhymes do not bust as hard as they should due to a sub-par setup and this is exactly the sort of thing that could correct it.  Guess I should start poking around rich people's garages.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: jough on June 10, 2006, 10:59:16 pm
Is Exploding Plastic Inevitable the name of a Guided By Voices song?  It was actually the name of Andy Warhol's art project:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploding._Plastic._Inevitable.

Also, inev, may I suggest that you read Tom Wolfe's "The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test" this summer (do not be afraid because it has the word "acid" in the title, or Kool-Aid for that matter).  I read it when I was about your age and it quickly became one of my favourite books.  I believe I also read Henry Miller's "Tropic of Cancer" that same summer. 

It was a great fuck*ng summer.
 
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: theinevitable on June 10, 2006, 11:23:32 pm
yes, I was not specific enough. I first used this name for my... livejournal... because I was obsessed with the VU at the time. And I agreed with Mr Warhol that Inevitable is a pretty good word.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: misterqueue on June 10, 2006, 11:53:07 pm
people people.. we're missing the real thing here.  Cutty Sarks!  Tape as Rigging!  Clipper Ships!  Square Rigged Sails!  Unfurl the mainsail and don't rip that demo throwaway copy of "The Boxer" this time Boatswain!


Sorry I got all swoony there board.. I am sorry about this.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: pmcd9 on June 10, 2006, 11:55:21 pm
inev, may I suggest that you read Tom Wolfe's "The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test" this summer (do not be afraid because it has the word "acid" in the title, or Kool-Aid for that matter).  I read it when I was about your age and it quickly became one of my favourite books.  I believe I also read Henry Miller's "Tropic of Cancer" that same summer. 

It was a great fuck*ng summer.

tI, I believe you should take that statement as a cautionary tale.

~Pau

(edited by wombat to add crucial right bracket in quote)
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: wombat on June 11, 2006, 12:42:38 am
Typical Teodor.  Can't make bread without fancy gourmet store ingredients and can't make music without thousands of dollars worth of fancy equipment.  Will he ever understand the virtue of simplicity?
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: mrdna1 on June 11, 2006, 02:47:25 am
Typical Teodor.  Can't make bread without fancy gourmet store ingredients and can't make music without thousands of dollars worth of fancy equipment.  Will he ever understand the virtue of simplicity?
You'd think that being a GBV fan he would be more likely to have tapes upon tapes of random lo-fi bits peppering his bedroom.

I really hope that's foreshadowing a storyline about Teodor's music. Perhaps it's just the similarly bedroom-indie dabbler in me, but I'd love to see Teodor release a few 7"s ... ideally on Prime Time Records, because I like the idea of seeing what happens when Ray tries to market himself towards the hipster market.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: jcreed on June 12, 2006, 01:21:48 pm
I like to see the theme of OD-ing on a particular kind of TV show repeating itself.

You watch too much rockumentaries Téodor YOU WATCH TOO MUCH ROCKUMENTARIES !

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05232005 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05232005)
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: robot_god on June 13, 2006, 05:04:21 pm
Quote
It's such a rookie move to act like every early project is worth saving, like it's going to be featured in a documentary twenty years from now.

Man, it's such a rookie move to think that saving rookie stuff is a rookie move.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: theinevitable on June 13, 2006, 05:13:04 pm
"The most bourgeois thing you can do is worry about being bourgeois"
-Andy Warhol (paraphrased.)
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: Drygioni on June 13, 2006, 05:15:57 pm
"The most bourgeois thing you can do is worry about being bourgeois"
-Andy Warhol (paraphrased.)

This further makes me wonder how the hell Andy Warhol got so loved.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: misterqueue on June 13, 2006, 05:18:16 pm
This further makes me wonder how the hell Andy Warhol got so loved.

Oh come on.. seemingly ironic repetitious trite statement?  Who doesn't love that shit?

It's almost as good as sarcasm even; such... intense.. sarcasm.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: Drygioni on June 13, 2006, 05:21:13 pm
Oh come on.. seemingly ironic repetitious pat statement?  Who doesn't love that shit?

It's almost as good as sarcasm even; such... intense.. sarcasm.

Lord, I'm confused now. Was it my statement that was Pattish/sarcastic etc. or the Andy Warhol quote? If it was the former I apologise... it was a pretty silly comment but I just don't 'get' the dude's work or quotes.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: misterqueue on June 13, 2006, 05:24:16 pm
Lord, I'm confused now. Was it my statement that was Pattish/sarcastic etc. or the Andy Warhol quote? If it was the former I apologise... it was a pretty silly comment but I just don't 'get' the dude's work or quotes.

No no.. I was agreeing with you.  It's basically okay because I think my own heavy cynicism confused even me, as it is wont to do.  DAMN YOU SARCASM!

I think the problem was that I meant pat as in the adjective, not the character.  I have fixed this, FOR THE FUTURE!
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: AugustWest on June 13, 2006, 07:21:46 pm
You know what?  I am what I am.  If that's bourgeois so be it.  Fuck you if you don't like it, Che.

Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: Hobot on June 13, 2006, 10:17:35 pm
Fuck you if you don't like it, Che.

You just pissed off so many white suburbanite teens.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: misterqueue on June 13, 2006, 10:19:58 pm
You just pissed off so many white suburbanite teens.

Not to mention at least one member of Rage Against the Machine.  I suspect that the other three have become capitalists since reforming as Audioslave.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: pmcd9 on June 14, 2006, 03:04:57 am
Not to mention at least one member of Rage Against the Machine.  I suspect that the other three have become capitalists since reforming as Audioslave.

Quote from: Mad Magazine's Headlines We'd Like to See
Rock Band Rage Against The Machine disbanded today after discovering that their record label, management company, and in fact they themselves were all part of the machine.

~Paul
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: wombat on June 15, 2006, 07:12:49 am
He still loves the dog after all.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: thedudeabides85 on June 15, 2006, 09:37:45 am
I hope the french fry bit reignites the speculation as to whether he's fat.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: Teldin on June 15, 2006, 12:41:47 pm
To those of you not "in the know", as the young'uns say these days, The Arcade Fire is an excellent indie band from Quebec. The blog has lured me out of the dark shadow of these boards in which I have been lurking nigh these long years to mention that they are my favorite group. It fills me with giddy glee to know that an alive stuffed animal listens to the same music I do. Huzzah, I shouted out into the street. Huzzah!


Two of their songs can be found here:

http://www.poetv.com/video.php?vid=2686 (http://www.poetv.com/video.php?vid=2686)
http://www.poetv.com/video.php?vid=2687 (http://www.poetv.com/video.php?vid=2687)

Cheers!
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: JorgeFabregas on June 15, 2006, 12:47:37 pm
Man, ain't no one on here not at least heard of The Arcade Fire.*




*This may not be true.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: wombat on June 15, 2006, 01:02:43 pm
I have never heard of The Arcade Fire.  I was just as confused as Philippe.  Thank you.

But do I get extra Obscure Information credit for recognizing that Teldin's avatar is a picture from the label of a Belgian style beer made in Quebec called Maudite, which picture is based on some interesting legend that I can't remember, thus the canoe being flown through the air in a fiery sky?

Edit: Ah, here it is:

Quote
Maudite (the damned one)... has a typically Quebecois name that is reminiscent of the legend of the Chasse-Galerie (the legend of the Flying Canoe). Legend has it that a group of lumberjacks struck a deal with the devil to fly home in their canoes, guided by Satan himself, to make it home in time for Christmas.

Who would think to ask the devil for a flying canoe?  Those wily Quebecois!
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: Teldin on June 15, 2006, 01:09:13 pm
Extra credit to wombat! Maudite is one of the the only beers I like. It's brewed in the back woods of Quebec by Unibroue Breweries, is 8% (!!) and the legend goes: A bunch of lumberjacks struck a deal with the Devil to fly home in a canoe to make it back in time for Christmas. The rest of the label shows Satan leering at them overhead with a quiet little town underneath.

I doubt it's found anywhere outside of Quebec, which is where I get it from.

Edit: Bah! 2 minutes too late.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: wombat on June 15, 2006, 01:35:56 pm
Actually it is indeed distributed in the US, as well of a few of their others with interesting labels.  My husband likes it because he likes Belgian beer and his parents were Quebecois so it has the sentimental value I guess.  I think Belgian beer is nasty, but I am the sort of person who picks a wine by the interesting animal on the label (a glass of Wombat Hill, anyone?) so I like it too. 

They also have one called La Fin du Monde which is another excellent name.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: jough on June 15, 2006, 01:55:17 pm
I didn't read the blogs, so wandering into this thread is like visiting Germany to me.

You people are all basically Germans in a beerhall.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: misterqueue on June 15, 2006, 01:59:27 pm
*Puts down my ridiculously huge beerstein*


Jough, I'm certain we have no idea what you're talking about.


*whisper* Hide the hausfraus!  He's on to us!
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on June 15, 2006, 02:02:07 pm
Love the mention of Complex magazine.  I've received Complex since their very first issue.  Never asked for it, never paid for it, and I have no fuck*ng idea why they decided to send it to me, because I am so not their target demographic.  I enjoy flipping through it, and showing fashion-spread pictures to the wife--"Hey, imagine if I wore this!  I'd be so dope!"

Also, they have pictures of scantily-clad babes.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: pmcd9 on June 15, 2006, 02:25:26 pm
My husband likes it.

Who is this?  I know nothing of a husband.  Are you referring to the technical staff?

~Paul
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: wombat on June 15, 2006, 02:27:17 pm
Who is this?  I know nothing of a husband.  Are you referring to the technical staff?

~Paul

Oh, no,  I've blown his cover now, haven't I?
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: Lister on June 15, 2006, 05:41:34 pm
Oh, no,  I've blown his cover now, haven't I?

If that's what you want to call it.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: melack on June 15, 2006, 06:30:40 pm
I don't know how I feel about Onstad admitting he doesn't like rap. Like, as a whole. Doesn't like rap. Say what you will about the Crunk business the kids listen to nowadays, but there's been some pretty great rap over the course of the past quarter century. Public Enemy, A Tribe Called Quest, Mos Def, Gangstarr, etc. etc. Really, Onstad? None of those? But you like Arcade Fire enough to have one of your comic characters put one of their posters up? Really? Really?
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: Hobot on June 15, 2006, 07:13:20 pm
I don't know how I feel about Onstad admitting he doesn't like rap. Like, as a whole. Doesn't like rap. Say what you will about the Crunk business the kids listen to nowadays, but there's been some pretty great rap over the course of the past quarter century. Public Enemy, A Tribe Called Quest, Mos Def, Gangstarr, etc. etc. Really, Onstad? None of those? But you like Arcade Fire enough to have one of your comic characters put one of their posters up? Really? Really?

Damn, even I like Mos Def (and, by perusing my last.fm page, you can easily discover why the italics were necessary).  It is pretty hard not to like the dude and his music.

In other news, Téodor is pretty late on the Arcade Fire uptake.  I'm just sayin'.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: theinevitable on June 15, 2006, 09:07:00 pm
no, no, it was the next day.

or...
damn.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: Noah on June 15, 2006, 11:22:44 pm
Also, inev, may I suggest that you read Tom Wolfe's "The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test" this summer (do not be afraid because it has the word "acid" in the title, or Kool-Aid for that matter).  I read it when I was about your age and it quickly became one of my favourite books.

why didn't you spell 'favorite' the american way

fuck*ng traitor
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: jough on June 15, 2006, 11:48:32 pm
I'm Irish, dick.

Man, fuck*ng Americans always expecting that everyone else is a fuck*ng American.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: theinevitable on June 16, 2006, 03:54:17 am
yeah, everyone else who lives in Philly, at least...
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: ananke on June 16, 2006, 04:35:43 am
But you like Arcade Fire enough to have one of your comic characters put one of their posters up? Really? Really?

Keep in mind that Teodor's supposed to be a lame trying-too-hard indie fellow.


I read his blog entry and thought "Heh! Horrible things are happening for no reason!" (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10252005)

Also,
"Did she actually die this time? [What I mean by "this time" unclear; after brief inspection dog seems to be asleep on pad next to bed and breathing normally]"
This part made me laugh to tears.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: nuero on June 16, 2006, 04:53:47 am
"Heh! Just in case they don't remember it's an Achewood reference, I'll link to it!"
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: Choop on June 16, 2006, 05:36:43 am
"Heh! Just in case they don't remember it's an Achewood reference, I'll link to it!"

BOO TO THAT!
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: pmcd9 on June 16, 2006, 03:42:19 pm
To those of you not "in the know", as the young'uns say these days, The Arcade Fire is an excellent indie band from Quebec. The blog has lured me out of the dark shadow of these boards in which I have been lurking nigh these long years to mention that they are my favorite group. It fills me with giddy glee to know that an alive stuffed animal listens to the same music I do. Huzzah, I shouted out into the street. Huzzah!

Pitchfork loves them (http://pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/a/arcade-fire/funeral.shtml).

~Paul
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: Hobot on June 20, 2006, 01:20:29 pm
Quote from: Roast Beef
I am so dissatisfied by the three main sex positions that often times I hate to roll into bed with my lady, so do I dread her no-imagination sex positions.

Molly would be all about the no-imagination sex positions.  Typical.

Quote from: Molly
They weren't OK with his not being Asian, but she talked up his work ethic, and his rich family, and eventually they agreed that he could marry her.

I love the stereotypical Asian Family Reaction to Marrying a Non-Asian Person/Cat. 

Also, Beef communicates with his girlfriend via e-mail.  I should have seen that coming.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: misterqueue on June 20, 2006, 01:27:04 pm
I'm not sure how pointing at a map conveys:  Y O U R F A U L T , but hey.. it's Pat.


Molly was the one going all giggly girl about the naughty early on in her blog, I'm surprised to find she's a missionary only sort of cat.  (Pun intended)  Or maybe Beef is just taking the piss.

Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: Hobot on June 20, 2006, 01:39:20 pm
Or maybe Beef is just taking the piss.

Well damn, if he likes it R. Kelly style, I can't blame Molly for being dull.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: misterqueue on June 20, 2006, 01:41:46 pm
Well damn, if he likes it R. Kelly style, I can't blame Molly for being dull.

Yeah all shakey headed singing an-


Oh.  right.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: AugustWest on June 20, 2006, 01:59:10 pm
I'm confused.  Does Little Nephew think that Sandy Liu is really Molly, or does Molly not know that Charley really has the hots for her?  Or has Neph moved on?
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: misterqueue on June 20, 2006, 02:03:42 pm
I'm confused.  Does Little Nephew think that Sandy Liu is really Molly, or does Molly not know that Charley really has the hots for her?  Or has Neph moved on?

I took it to mean that Molly (and presumably Miss Liu as well) mistook LN's affections and this has caused the whole parental meeting thing.  I can almost picture LN hell of such as squirming at what his machinations have wrought.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: wombat on June 20, 2006, 02:13:47 pm
Also, Beef communicates with his girlfriend via e-mail.  I should have seen that coming.

You got a problem with this?
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: CortJstr on June 20, 2006, 03:09:11 pm
Molly was the one going all giggly girl about the naughty early on in her blog, I'm surprised to find she's a missionary only sort of cat.  (Pun intended)  Or maybe Beef is just taking the piss.

I assume you're talking about this (http://mollysanders.blogspot.com/2004/08/sleepy-symphonies.html). But I assume that Beef is leading up to his magazine all having impossible joke sex positions.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: misterqueue on June 20, 2006, 03:12:55 pm
I assume you're talking about this (http://mollysanders.blogspot.com/2004/08/sleepy-symphonies.html). But I assume that Beef is leading up to his magazine all having impossible joke sex positions.

Well yes that among other things I can't be arsed to look up right now because I have a server being a little bitchy bitch bitch man.

I seem to recall something about her trying something with solo action or somesuch.  I will look it up later.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: Hobot on June 20, 2006, 03:16:04 pm
You got a problem with this?

Not at all.  Like, if you and the SO are both at separate places of employ, it is perfectly alright to send e-mails back and forth.  What I meant was that I interpreted Beef's e-mails to Molly as a substitution for phone calls or actual face-to-face interaction.  I mean, now that Beef has those handy aluminum foil undies, he has no excuse not to give her a call when extraneous circumstances (such as a lack of work or other such reasons for free time) permit.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: misterqueue on June 20, 2006, 03:19:48 pm
Found (http://mollysanders.blogspot.com/2004/08/my-mans-goof.html) a couple (http://mollysanders.blogspot.com/2004/07/hymen-on-board.html) of them (http://mollysanders.blogspot.com/2005/10/last-picnic.html).

Oh yes... also (http://mollysanders.blogspot.com/2005/03/water-sports.html) the squirting. (http://mollysanders.blogspot.com/2005/04/squirt.html)

So, really what I'm saying is that Beef would seem to be way more the prudey-dude.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: Ben-San on June 20, 2006, 07:24:57 pm
I am pretty sure Beef is being humorously ironic in claiming that normal sex positions do not suffice and that therefore bizarre positions involving extraneous props are necessary.

The new sex positions he invents will require a catapult and two trampolines.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: V-Adore on June 20, 2006, 09:28:34 pm
I have to assume that Beef is either taking the piss out of somebody or is going insane. I mean... "Tré-Odor?" Is he all split on green?

Also, I am desperately hoping that this LN/Sandy storyline doesn't putter out. It could be a recipe for absolute hilarity.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: CortJstr on June 29, 2006, 01:44:05 am
FUN PARTY! FUN PARTY!

The phrase "poop nuggets" has put horrible thoughts in my head. What kind of dipping sauce would you use for those?
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: Mite on June 29, 2006, 02:07:29 am
Is it just me or has LN gotten even less comprehendable over the years?
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: wombat on June 29, 2006, 12:45:54 pm
Is it just me or has LN gotten even less comprehendable over the years?

I thought it was that I had finally really gotten to be Too Old.  I'm glad I'm not the only one having a problem.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: AugustWest on June 29, 2006, 01:26:40 pm
I'm not sure whether I want to go to Ray or Phillippe's party more.  Both would be fun.

Sometimes Onstad's creativity just rocks my world.  I'm thinking "Wow, how does Ray come up with all this stuff..." when I realize that, hey, Ray's a damn fictional character.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: MSC on June 29, 2006, 02:20:40 pm
Apparently Ray has not joined the Cristal boycott.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: theinevitable on June 29, 2006, 04:20:12 pm
yeah, that's what I thought, too. He is hell of not supposed to be drinking Cristal any more. Damn.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: CortJstr on June 29, 2006, 05:10:44 pm
yeah, that's what I thought, too. He is hell of not supposed to be drinking Cristal any more. Damn.

OK, I'll bite: why not? Did they do something legitimately offensive or is this just because of some random quasi-celebrity who's way too full of himself?
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: misterqueue on June 29, 2006, 05:11:02 pm
There's a Cristal boycott?  Maybe if I could afford these things I would've known already.



Furthermore, oh Lyle... have my retarded made-up animal character baby.  I'm surprised he holds down a job at all, much less that he'd be grumpy to lose it after all that sleeping.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: theauthors on June 29, 2006, 05:32:31 pm
OK, I'll bite: why not? Did they do something legitimately offensive or is this just because of some random quasi-celebrity who's way too full of himself?
http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/15/jayz.cristal.ap/index.html
:)
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: Hobot on June 29, 2006, 05:51:10 pm
What a delightful suite of blog updates.  I would be all over attending ENORMOUS BY RAY SMUCKLES, if only for the gin & tonic bota bag (since I can't really eat any of the food).  Philippe's party... not so much.  I'm not too keen on the idea of a communal dog-like water bowl, and iceberg lettuce is the most sinister of lettuces (though the idea of a "casual salad" is admittedly cute); I'm a little surprised he isn't serving octodogs (http://www.stupid.com/Merchant2/graphics/products/octodog-2.jpg), though.

If Lyle was not fired for sleeping for "a fn week," he surely got the axe for not actually knowing where he was employed: "i'm proily fired from whereever i was wrkn."
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: Ben-San on June 29, 2006, 06:45:36 pm
If Lyle was not fired for sleeping for "a fn week," he surely got the axe for not actually knowing where he was employed: "i'm proily fired from whereever i was wrkn."

Nah, he wrote it on the back of a receipt and stapled it to the inside of his shirt. It's just not worth checking now that he's been fired.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: robot_god on July 01, 2006, 09:30:33 pm
Besides for the Jimi Hedrix ***** party, I think Lyle passing out for a week qualifies for greatest blog entry of all time, on any blog.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: Drygioni on July 01, 2006, 09:34:34 pm
At first I was perplexed regarding the subject of Lyle's unconciousness. Surely he'd die of dehydration due to a lack of fluids and the hot summer days?

Possible explanations:
1) There is a handily placed sprinkler
2) He is Cared For by somebody else
3) Birds have taken pity on him and sicked up into his mouth
4) He's a stuffed fuck*ng animal in a fuck*ng cartoon strip fuck*ng.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: Ben-San on July 01, 2006, 10:00:05 pm
At first I was perplexed regarding the subject of Lyle's unconciousness. Surely he'd die of dehydration due to a lack of fluids and the hot summer days?

Possible explanations:
1) There is a handily placed sprinkler
2) He is Cared For by somebody else
3) Birds have taken pity on him and sicked up into his mouth
4) He's a stuffed fuck*ng animal in a fuck*ng cartoon strip fuck*ng.

5: To forestall hangover, he drank one of those big ol' jugs of water that you use on office coolers. It was full of vodka but that shit's mostly water anyway, right?

edit: Other than the obvious reasons it is a bad idea, would there be any reason not to fill one of those coolers with vodka?
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: Drygioni on July 01, 2006, 10:01:17 pm
5: To forestall hangover, he drank one of those big ol' jugs of water that you use on office coolers. It was full of vodka but that shit's mostly water anyway, right?

If that is his hangover-prevention method, it would explain why he looks like a swelled up little dude. Bloated, even.
Title: Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
Post by: mrdna1 on July 04, 2006, 05:17:44 am
Haha, poor Ray ... his ENORMOUS PARTY got wrecked by the FUN PARTY of a five-year old otter.