Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Would The Pet Shop Boys be nice to have over for Thanksgiving, or would they be a pain in the ass? It's really hard to tell.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06  (Read 19492 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jcreed

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 37
    • View Profile
    • http://jcreed.org
Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2006, 01:21:48 pm »

I like to see the theme of OD-ing on a particular kind of TV show repeating itself.

You watch too much rockumentaries Téodor YOU WATCH TOO MUCH ROCKUMENTARIES !

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05232005
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2006, 05:04:21 pm »

Quote
It's such a rookie move to act like every early project is worth saving, like it's going to be featured in a documentary twenty years from now.

Man, it's such a rookie move to think that saving rookie stuff is a rookie move.
Logged
ACHIEVE

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2006, 05:13:04 pm »

"The most bourgeois thing you can do is worry about being bourgeois"
-Andy Warhol (paraphrased.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2006, 05:15:57 pm »

"The most bourgeois thing you can do is worry about being bourgeois"
-Andy Warhol (paraphrased.)

This further makes me wonder how the hell Andy Warhol got so loved.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2006, 05:18:16 pm »

This further makes me wonder how the hell Andy Warhol got so loved.

Oh come on.. seemingly ironic repetitious trite statement?  Who doesn't love that shit?

It's almost as good as sarcasm even; such... intense.. sarcasm.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 05:27:28 pm by misterqueue »
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2006, 05:21:13 pm »

Oh come on.. seemingly ironic repetitious pat statement?  Who doesn't love that shit?

It's almost as good as sarcasm even; such... intense.. sarcasm.

Lord, I'm confused now. Was it my statement that was Pattish/sarcastic etc. or the Andy Warhol quote? If it was the former I apologise... it was a pretty silly comment but I just don't 'get' the dude's work or quotes.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2006, 05:24:16 pm »

Lord, I'm confused now. Was it my statement that was Pattish/sarcastic etc. or the Andy Warhol quote? If it was the former I apologise... it was a pretty silly comment but I just don't 'get' the dude's work or quotes.

No no.. I was agreeing with you.  It's basically okay because I think my own heavy cynicism confused even me, as it is wont to do.  DAMN YOU SARCASM!

I think the problem was that I meant pat as in the adjective, not the character.  I have fixed this, FOR THE FUTURE!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 05:28:46 pm by misterqueue »
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2006, 07:21:46 pm »

You know what?  I am what I am.  If that's bourgeois so be it.  Fuck you if you don't like it, Che.

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2006, 10:17:35 pm »

Fuck you if you don't like it, Che.

You just pissed off so many white suburbanite teens.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2006, 10:19:58 pm »

You just pissed off so many white suburbanite teens.

Not to mention at least one member of Rage Against the Machine.  I suspect that the other three have become capitalists since reforming as Audioslave.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2006, 03:04:57 am »

Not to mention at least one member of Rage Against the Machine.  I suspect that the other three have become capitalists since reforming as Audioslave.

Quote from: Mad Magazine's Headlines We'd Like to See
Rock Band Rage Against The Machine disbanded today after discovering that their record label, management company, and in fact they themselves were all part of the machine.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2006, 07:12:49 am »

He still loves the dog after all.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

thedudeabides85

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 60
  • Say good things about my dick
    • View Profile
Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2006, 09:37:45 am »

I hope the french fry bit reignites the speculation as to whether he's fat.
Logged

Teldin

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 15
    • View Profile
Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2006, 12:41:47 pm »

To those of you not "in the know", as the young'uns say these days, The Arcade Fire is an excellent indie band from Quebec. The blog has lured me out of the dark shadow of these boards in which I have been lurking nigh these long years to mention that they are my favorite group. It fills me with giddy glee to know that an alive stuffed animal listens to the same music I do. Huzzah, I shouted out into the street. Huzzah!


Two of their songs can be found here:

http://www.poetv.com/video.php?vid=2686
http://www.poetv.com/video.php?vid=2687

Cheers!
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2006, 12:47:37 pm »

Man, ain't no one on here not at least heard of The Arcade Fire.*




*This may not be true.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up