The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Nabubrush on March 15, 2007, 04:41:37 pm
-
So, whoever would have thought we would have ended up with six hundred sixty-six members? As #6, I guess I'm heartened that so many of the early members are still active. I thought maybe, as the third anniversary approaches, this might be a nice opportunity to reflect on where we are, what the board's about, and how things are going.
Or we could digress onto a new TOUAMB meme about food and degenerate sexual practices.
-
Member no. 12 here. Happy 3rd. birthday TOUAMB.
~Paul
-
SO WHO HERE HAS A FETISH FOR GIRAFFE PLACENTA?!
... Okay. I'm done.
On some level, it amazes me that I'm still on this board. Prior to this, my sticking-around-a-message-board skills were very low, and I'd never even managed to delurk at Dumbrella. And now... well, now you can't get rid of me. Arharharharhar.
I'd like to thank my freshman-year summer internship, back in the summer of 2003, for giving me copious time to screw around on a message board when I was a youngling; Chris Onstad, for writing a strip so interesting I wanted to delurk and talk about it (as opposed to other Dumbrella strips, where I was content to sort of watch the boards with ever-growing horror); and the community here, who are a stand-up group of dudes and ladies I am proud to know. One day, I'mma make a board meetup, and it'll be sweet.
-
man, I...
I'm #485. That is weird as all hell. That is not so long ago.
-
Number 8 checking in. Woot.
-
Fancy that! Member 666, born August 1st. Coincidences abound.
-
man, I...
I'm #485. That is weird as all hell. That is not so long ago.
Doesn't Jough habitually prune the member list? Without that I suspect the board would be far closer to the 1000 mark. It also explains your relatively recent-ish number join, I think.
-
man, I...
I'm #485. That is weird as all hell. That is not so long ago.
I think I'm #491. Your posting frequency is impressive considering the relative age of our accounts.
-
I had hoped this would be about the Actual End-Times, so that I could point out the Total Coincedence that Jesus died at 33 and I will be 33 when the Mayan calendar ends.
Instead we end up with another one of Terry's Clues That He Has Been Around Awhile.
Man.
Another lost opportunity to insinuate myself as a Messianic figure. Nurtz.
EDIT: Also, the members' list function claims that there are 604 members, so... 666 would be the total number of profiles ever created, I'd think, with 62 profiles having been purged for non-posting at some point. That doesn't, of course, count whatever instances there are of people having multiple accounts...
Such as Onstad being at least fifteen of us, Terry being Judy and so on.
-
I had hoped this would be about the Actual End-Times, so that I could point out the Total Coincedence that Jesus died at 33 and I will be 33 when the Mayan calendar ends.
Instead we end up with another one of Terry's Clues That He Has Been Around Awhile.
Man.
Another lost opportunity to insinuate myself as a Messianic figure. Nurtz.
By all means, go ahead with your claims to Messiah-hood and theories on the end-times. I don't want my mere presence in a thread to set off these crazy accusations that I was a previous member here, or set off discussion of said topic.
-
Onstad being at least fifteen of us? We are all Onstad.
-
Members reappearing in different form. Members hiding behind a new identity. These are bad soap opera plot devices people. What's next, an evil twin? Wait, we've already had that too. Has TOUAMB jumped the shark?
-
We really just need Ted McGinley to register.
-
We really just need Ted McGinley to register.
You know, I know this was written for a specific reason, but I will change the subject and say I really miss JM J Bullock.
-
Members reappearing in different form. Members hiding behind a new identity. These are bad soap opera plot devices people. What's next, an evil twin? Wait, we've already had that too. Has TOUAMB jumped the shark?
Is it that recent a development? I just found this guy (http://touamb.com/index.php?action=profile;u=116) in the archives. Any more senior members know the story behind that one?
-
Is it that recent a development? I just found this guy (http://touamb.com/index.php?action=profile;u=116) in the archives. Any more senior members know the story behind that one?
Jough is the evil twin, you see. It was decided to be gratuitous however, and Nice Jough was loaded into a paddle-boat in the shape of a swan and given a viking burial. It was all very moving... His memory lives on with us all, every time Jough hits mommy.
-
I read a beautiful news story a while ago about a swan that fell in love with a swan-shaped paddle boat.
I would dig it up now, but on this day I just cannot be bothered.
-
Is it that recent a development? I just found this guy (http://touamb.com/index.php?action=profile;u=116) in the archives. Any more senior members know the story behind that one?
I miss him. But not as much as I miss her. (http://touamb.com/index.php?action=profile;u=117)
-
THE GAZEBO'S ON FIRE!
This still makes me laugh. The first time I read it I believe I laughed until I cried. I really wish it hadn't been lost when dumbrella crashed.
-
speaking of missing people, yesterday would have been Q's birthday.
or rather... it was.
-
This still makes me laugh. The first time I read it I believe I laughed until I cried. I really wish it hadn't been lost when dumbrella crashed.
Lotta good shit disappeared then.
-
I guess if it's the End Times I ought to return in this form, 'eh.
Hooray!
-
Hey, I'm the evil twin. Kellichou is the good, sweet, and intelligent one.
-
Hey, I'm the evil twin. Kellichou is the good, sweet, and intelligent one.
It's obvious now that I think about it. Kelli is far less likely to want to do things. Things to my butt.
-
I miss him. But not as much as I miss her. (http://touamb.com/index.php?action=profile;u=117)
That's what I was referring to Felix. You'll also find an Evil Dunston in there. And no, that was from many moons ago.
Jesus, people, do you even read this shit before you post?
-
Jesus, people, do you even read this shit before you post?
Damn, I deleted my post, but not soon enough apparently.
-
It's obvious now that I think about it. Kelli is far less likely to want to do things. Things to my butt.
What what?
-
It's obvious now that I think about it. Kelli is far less likely to want to do things. Things to my butt.
Extensive details required.
-
Damn... a few jokes about peggin' and now I shall never live it down.
-
'jokes'?
Those were damn near terrorist threats.
-
Alternately, if you have a sufficiently upbeat attitude, they could be terrorist promises.
-
Peg
It will come back to you
Peg
It will come back to you
Then the shutter falls
You see it all in 3-d
It’s your favorite foreign movie
-
Alternately, if you have a sufficiently upbeat attitude, they could be terrorist promises.
Still unfulfilled I might add.
*sniff*
-
Well, now the circle has been broken. Welcome (effective) Member #667, harvardgrad!
-
Alternately, if you have a sufficiently upbeat attitude, they could be terrorist promises.
Hott
-
Damn... a few jokes about peggin' and now I shall never live it down.
We have long memories. And a good search function.
-
We have long memories. And a good really pathetic search function that we're good at using.
Fixed that for you
-
Damn... a few jokes about peggin' and now I shall never live it down.
Sure . . . jokes . . . that's it.
-
We have long memories. And a good search function.
Speaking of which, following that trail led me to your Amazon wish list, Linnea. Is it current, or like mine (http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/ref=yourlists_pop_1/002-1613172-4383236), is it somewhat out of date?
-
Speaking of which, following that trail led me to your Amazon wish list, Linnea. Is it current, or like mine (http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/ref=yourlists_pop_1/002-1613172-4383236), is it somewhat out of date?
I have an amazon wishlist? Shit, I haven't thought about that in a long time. I had better mosey on over there to see what the fuck kind of shit is on it.
-
The trail also led through a dissertation on your foul mouth. I see Alaskan living hasn't cooled that ;)
-
The trail also led through a dissertation on your foul mouth. I see Alaskan living hasn't cooled that ;)
Wow, I just read through some of my old posts. Talk about a depressing stroll down Memory Lane.
-
I guess if it's the End Times I ought to return in this form, 'eh.
Thank you Ash, glad to have the old you back.
-
Wow, I just read through some of my old posts. Talk about a depressing stroll down Memory Lane.
Ain't that the truth - what the fuck was I thinking? I'm sort of glad the Dumbrella board is now scattered electrons, in a way. I was like a chimpanzee with a TSR-80 on that thing.
-
Ain't that the truth - what the fuck was I thinking? I'm sort of glad the Dumbrella board is now scattered electrons, in a way. I was like a chimpanzee with a TSR-80 on that thing.
You mean the tRs-80. That shit popped spReadsheets at EIGHT MHZ.
(I used to have thRee of them until one day I came back fRom school and found my mom had cleaRed them out to make Room foR a cat food feedeR.
-
Room foR a cat food feedeR.
The r key works if you press shift? Or do you have some sort of 202 key monstrosity that you use for typing? All looking like a '80s synth pop keyboard.
-
I have to copy and paste my r's. The last r I copied and pasted was the capital r he had used when he wrote "TSr".
I actually have a brand new Macbook pro. I also have a tendency to spill things on my computers.