The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Dexter on November 06, 2007, 01:45:20 pm

Title: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
Post by: Dexter on November 06, 2007, 01:45:20 pm
Beef buys a boat (http://rbeef.blogspot.com/2007/11/doggs-i-bought-boat.html), and there's a new bacon blog (http://chrisonstad.blogspot.com/2007/11/bacon-no-8-retrofill-comes-later.html).

Personally I think the highlight of Beef's post was "I am not a guy who has a boat but I guess we all got to come to terms with my having a boat now."  I am not so fond of the bacon blogs, but then I guess I'd rather be eating bacon than reading about it.  Also, I must admit to a certain degree of surprise that the bacon of the month club (http://www.gratefulpalate.com/?p=Category_11) is an actual thing.  Truth stranger than fiction and all that.
Title: Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
Post by: AugustWest on November 06, 2007, 04:01:28 pm
My guess is that, based upon the snippet of back-story we have,  Molly will have a primal, deep-seated aversion to boats in general.
Title: Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
Post by: wombat on November 06, 2007, 04:03:21 pm
Oh, good call, Aug. And see, it makes sense because nothing works out for Roast Beef, not even buying a boat to have sex in.
Title: Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
Post by: jaydub on November 06, 2007, 04:17:56 pm
Hang on - you can mail order fancy weed?  When did America suddenly become civilized?
Title: Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
Post by: lprkn on November 06, 2007, 05:08:25 pm
Quote
...I think I bought the boat because I imagined Molly and me having sex in the bed.

I wonder how many boats are bought for exactly this reason.

Also, I think that mail order weed combined with mail order bacon could be a fortuitous arrangement.
Title: Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
Post by: Dexter on November 06, 2007, 05:09:33 pm
Also, I think that mail order weed combined with mail order bacon could be a fortuitous arrangement.
Wake and bake...and bacon.
Title: Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
Post by: theinevitable on November 06, 2007, 05:18:24 pm
Quote
...I think I bought the boat because I imagined Molly and me having sex in the bed.

people, this sounds like a pretty good arrangement. I realized yesterday that i can hear my roommates belch in their rooms with the door closed.

what I'm saying is, now that the roommate in the room right against my wall is dating a horrible annoying girl that I hate, I'm thinking about buying a boat.
Or, you know, finding the loudest, most obnoxious girl ever to have sex with, and fuck*ng against our shared wall?
Title: Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
Post by: CortJstr on November 06, 2007, 05:28:52 pm
people, this sounds like a pretty good arrangement. I realized yesterday that i can hear my roommates belch in their rooms with the door closed.

what I'm saying is, now that the roommate in the room right against my wall is dating a horrible annoying girl that I hate, I'm thinking about buying a boat.
Or, you know, finding the loudest, most obnoxious girl ever to have sex with, and fuck*ng against our shared wall?

If you're going to do it, go all the way (http://www.xkcd.com/316/).
Title: Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
Post by: theinevitable on November 06, 2007, 07:24:09 pm
dude, I mean... that isn't even necessary.

at the same time, a preemptive "shock and awe" type strike would be effective... and the reflector would keep my other 2 roommates from hearing as much...

although I would sometimes set it up in the opposite direction, and play my guitar at 7 in the fuck*ng morning at the other side.
Title: Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
Post by: CortJstr on November 06, 2007, 08:15:04 pm
In my first apartment we shared a wall with a guy who kept his AIM volume like all the way up. The only other sounds we ever heard coming from his apartment were from his guitar. He played it at all times of day, but he only played the first few measures of one Metallica song. Why would you even own a guitar if you're only going to play the beginning of one song 5 or 6 times a day? I can't even wrap my head around it.
Title: Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 07, 2007, 12:46:45 am
The only thing that bacon could ever possibly need to go with it is... a drizzle of maple syrup.

But only if it's real-ass Vermont-upstateNY-Canada type maple syrup.
Title: Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
Post by: AugustWest on November 07, 2007, 06:18:24 pm
Wow.  Pat has an Australian cousin.  Who knew?
Title: Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
Post by: CortJstr on November 09, 2007, 02:07:27 pm
I gotta say I'm kind of glad that we're done with Soytopia updates. For some reason I wasn't really digging on that storyline.

Philippe's entry was basically like treasure. Beef knows nervousness and T listens to Rocket Man to calm down.
Title: Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
Post by: wombat on November 09, 2007, 02:44:14 pm
Is there really such a thing as pickled chorizo?
Title: Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
Post by: Doc on November 09, 2007, 02:54:52 pm
Well a chorizo  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chorizo)is a kind of sausage so it seems reasonable that one might pickle it.

I'm.... happy (I guess?), that Teodore was so traumatised. It seems like the wrong word to use the word happy but it entertains me so.
Title: Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
Post by: wombat on November 09, 2007, 03:56:20 pm
Well a chorizo  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chorizo)is a kind of sausage so it seems reasonable that one might pickle it.

This is exactly where I am bewildered. I eat a lot of weird things but I've never heard of a pickled sausage.
Title: Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
Post by: Golfhaus on November 09, 2007, 04:44:31 pm
I gotta say I'm kind of glad that we're done with Soytopia updates. For some reason I wasn't really digging on that storyline.

I liked the idea; I wish more had been done with it. IIRC, it wasn't mentioned at all in the strip, just the blogs. That would have been a fun thing to see, instead of just read about. The idea that Pat closed it down after a day because he didn't get his instant gratification seems like a cheap way out - Onstad's way of giving up on the story. Humorous, though - Pat strikes me as a rather un-American dude, but he acts just like the stereotypical American - getting bored with anything that doesn't provide instant gratification, supremely convinced of his own innate superiority over everything around him.

Pat, you ARE America.
Title: Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
Post by: theinevitable on November 09, 2007, 04:50:58 pm
Teodor is so upset that... Ray is upset and is hooked up to a heart monitor.

awesome.
Title: Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
Post by: Dullscythe on November 12, 2007, 09:35:34 am
I, too, was baffled by the idea of a pickled sausage. But apparently they not only exist, they are mass-produced and regularly consumed.

http://www.pickle-it.com/catalog/details.php?id=12
Title: Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on November 12, 2007, 09:51:14 am
I, too, was baffled by the idea of a pickled sausage. But apparently they not only exist, they are mass-produced and regularly consumed.

http://www.pickle-it.com/catalog/details.php?id=12
Red Smith Pickled Sausage Blowjobs
Do you no longer enjoy the things you used to? Has your quest for a pickled sausage blow job with the perfect amount of extra bite tongue left you feeling unfilled and inadequate? Has a lack of spice caused an overwhelming sense of loneliness and isolation? Well prescription-strength Red Smith pickled sausage blowjob is now available over the counter. 4 out of 5 doctors agree that SW (Red) Smith’s premium brand of pickled sausage blowjob will significantly increase feelings of euphoria and can actually repair taste buds damaged by years of non-spice. Available in half gallon jars too!
Title: Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
Post by: CortJstr on November 15, 2007, 02:19:39 pm
I had no idea that Taco Bell was so much better for our environment than McDonald's. I know where I'm going for lunch today.



Actually now I kind of do want Taco Bell. Dammit.
Title: Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
Post by: Bimmicus on November 15, 2007, 02:35:25 pm
Pickled sausage: the official snack food of Fuck You Fridays.
Title: Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
Post by: chuanoplast on November 16, 2007, 05:36:28 am
Finding truth serum in a secret compartment would be so awesome. All I've ever found in secret furniture compartments is bad smells.
Title: Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
Post by: jaydub on November 16, 2007, 06:35:18 am
Ray on sodium pentothal sounds a bit like Nice Pete - with a dash less repressed inversion and homicidal nature.
Title: Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
Post by: chuanoplast on November 16, 2007, 06:42:32 am
Also Roast Beef asks the best questions. Revealing, but not embarrassing.
Title: Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
Post by: CortJstr on November 21, 2007, 04:11:00 am
Ray: the last person on earth without caller ID or just to lazy to look at the screen? You make the call.

http://orezscu.blogspot.com/2007/11/thanksgiving-appetizers-2007.html
Title: Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
Post by: AugustWest on November 21, 2007, 04:17:53 am
Ray: the last person on earth without caller ID or just to lazy to look at the screen? You make the call.

http://orezscu.blogspot.com/2007/11/thanksgiving-appetizers-2007.html

Plainly it's the latter.  If there is a bell or whistle out there, Ray will just own the hell out of it.
Title: Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
Post by: Ben-San on November 21, 2007, 05:52:33 am
Ray has caller ID, but it's Japanese caller ID where you scan in your mates' faces and it converts them automatically into cute little big-headed cartoons of themselves and it shows them doing a dance instead of the name. It's cutting-edge as hell but when he's a little lit he gets distracted watching them dance and forgets to check who it actually is.
Title: Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 21, 2007, 06:02:56 am
My theory would be that Ray had the first Caller ID in the world, once, but had no idea how to use it, probably broke it, and has long given up on the idea.

EDIT: Also, remember, he was probably incredibly stoned at the time of this call.
Title: Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
Post by: wombat on November 21, 2007, 01:35:39 pm
I think that both of you are correct.
Title: Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 22, 2007, 05:20:26 am
Phillipe, being immortal, has infinite love to give.

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all. Remember, it wasn't originally about pilgrims and Native Americans and all that kinda made up stuff, that was just ret-conned in later, in the Crisis on Infinite Holidays when they also turned noble Armistice Day into gaudy redundant Veterans Day and so on.

It was just about being thankful. Like Life Day, except without the Wookies or Bea Arthur.

Enjoy your bird or ethical bird-like substitute and have a good one.
Title: Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
Post by: lprkn on November 22, 2007, 09:51:19 am
That may have something to with WWII being a "good war" and WWI being a stupid one. Also, being able to count living WWI veterans on your fingers.
Title: Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
Post by: linnea on November 23, 2007, 06:11:50 am
Aww, Philippe's little bee card to us was pretty dang cute. I also enjoyed the Ray-Téodor exchange on the telephone. I love how Onstad is able to present his characters so masterfully. They are so multi-dimensional that I feel as if I know them. Like my imaginary internet friends that I have on this board, chums! Or perhaps I should say m'buches.