The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

The Wide World of Webcomics => Daisy Owl => Topic started by: wombat on March 31, 2009, 12:53:14 pm

Title: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on March 31, 2009, 12:53:14 pm
http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-03-31 (http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-03-31)

Seriously, I think we should start a subforum to discuss this comic. The guy has recently quit his job to do the comic full time, but he STILL doesn't update every day! What could be more perfect for us?
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: dejavroom on March 31, 2009, 12:59:14 pm
I like this strip, I think it's headed somewhere special.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on March 31, 2009, 01:36:05 pm
I want to know what else happened at The Party.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Toaster on March 31, 2009, 08:00:10 pm
Daisy Owl is awesome. My favorite is the one where Steve and that other bear talk about getting high.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: theinevitable on April 01, 2009, 12:14:30 am
I like this strip very very much. I just read the whole archive instead of studying for a philosophy exam.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on April 02, 2009, 12:58:49 pm
http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-04-02 (http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-04-02)

We have labelled the garbage disposal switch with a sticker of a blowgiraffe so that this doesn't happen anymore.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Toaster on April 02, 2009, 03:47:13 pm
I would be afraid to touch a picture of a blowgiraffe. Does that mean there is something wrong with my mind, or is this normal?
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on April 02, 2009, 05:02:41 pm
I would be afraid to touch a picture of a blowgiraffe. Does that mean there is something wrong with my mind, or is this normal?

Growing up I not only wouldn't touch pictures of spiders in text books, I also would touch the other side of the page where the picture was.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on April 02, 2009, 06:05:25 pm
Well, we did choose the blowgiraffe because of all the stickers we had in the house, despite a large range of choices, it was the only one that depicted something sort of dangerous. So I was actually hoping we'd be sort of afraid to touch it.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on April 02, 2009, 06:26:36 pm
If Ash blocks everyone's avatar, does that mean he can't see the little line of text under it, too? 'cause otherwise I don't see how this could be surprising.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on April 02, 2009, 08:35:23 pm
Actually, I do all sorts of dangerous things, according to an article I read in Consumer Reports.

Here are the things I do that they say I shouldn't:
-Clean my ears with cotton swabs
-Slow down at a stop sign without coming to a full stop
-Leave things on the stairs at home
-Eat raw cookie dough

And the things I don't do that I should:
-Eat burgers only well done
-Unplug the toaster oven when not in use

When I wrote about this on my blog a while ago, the second list was longer, but I just bought a mat for my bathtub, so there goes that bit of living on the edge.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: jaydub on April 02, 2009, 10:06:50 pm
My dad was drilling in the garage ceiling for hanging fluorescent fixtures.  He left the drill on the top of the ladder for a moment to go turn off the electricity.  At the bottom of the ladder he stepped on the extension cord and tugged the drill off its perch, bit-first into his forearm.  That would have been bad enough, but then the drill continued in gravity's grip to tip over and fall to the floor.  The embedded drill bit levered out some cords of forearm muscle through the wound.  Finally, he was home alone, so he had to drive his impaled, avulsed self to the emergency room.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on April 02, 2009, 11:08:06 pm
For Pete's sake, Ash, you flaunt your nailgun, when you have gun guns? And hosss!
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on April 03, 2009, 12:18:18 am
You're right. For example, apparently none of us pay enough attention to the danger of tripping over our dogs and cats. (http://animalsbehavingbadly.blogspot.com/2009/03/pets-underfoot-more-than-just-annoyance.html)
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Lister on April 03, 2009, 03:52:01 am
Any hamburger cooked past medium is a crime.

Also: I like the Daisy Owl vibe.

Quote from: Daisy Owl
"Maybe Daisy can help, she's a whiz with computers."

"Not really.  I just have glasses."

"Oh.  Right."

It's kind of a neat world they inhabit.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: theinevitable on April 03, 2009, 07:20:54 am
I like how many of the jokes are about stereotypes.

"(assumes the bear will be good at honey research)"
"just because i'm a bear doesn't mean I know about honey!"
"oh, but you also have a master's degree in chemistry."
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on April 06, 2009, 01:28:03 pm
http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-04-06 (http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-04-06)

I'm glad I don't have one of those. It's probably better not to know.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: pmcd9 on April 06, 2009, 05:28:55 pm
I've read through the archives.  Now I demand more frequent updates.  Now!
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on April 06, 2009, 05:46:51 pm
I've read through the archives.  Now I demand more frequent updates.  Now!

Did you notice the alt-text? If not now you have an excuse to read the archives again.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on April 06, 2009, 07:22:41 pm
Aw jeez you're kidding... no, I see you're not.

Oh well, just like old times!
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on April 06, 2009, 07:50:57 pm
For those with Greasemonkey installed there's an updated script to automatically show the alt-text as a caption for Achewood, Dinosaur Comics, A Softer World, Dr. McNinja, Wondermark, XKCD, and Daisy Owl. I'd be lost without it.

http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~rjeq2/comicsalttext.user.js
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: lprkn on April 07, 2009, 01:10:13 am
Cort is definitely beating us all, although I haven't yet figured out what that game is called.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Toaster on April 09, 2009, 08:03:46 am
I thought Mr. Owl was like fifty, because he's an owl, but then I remembered he's the same age as Steve, so he must be pretty young, like 30. he just looks old because he's an owl.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on April 09, 2009, 01:23:27 pm
Now I want to spray somebody with a fire extinguisher.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on April 12, 2009, 01:35:30 am
Your Wombat Feed for Daisy Owl continues:
http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-04-11 (http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-04-11)
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Leon on April 12, 2009, 09:18:25 am
the fifth panel broke my heart.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: miles on April 13, 2009, 02:30:27 am
Damn. It took a while but this comic has grown on me. I loved this one: http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2008-07-21
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: jay-ell on April 13, 2009, 02:56:19 pm
Dag Nabbit, I really am going to have to start reading DO again. 

Damn you people! 
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: jaydub on April 13, 2009, 04:02:20 pm
There is almost nothing more frustrating than tangled computer peripherals.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on April 13, 2009, 05:51:17 pm
http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-04-13 (http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-04-13)
Cooper has insight into what's cool about animals.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: jaydub on April 13, 2009, 11:39:38 pm
Swallowing a whole pineapple would make you quite the attraction at parties.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: pmcd9 on April 14, 2009, 01:02:33 am
Hork Hork Hork
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: lprkn on April 14, 2009, 02:10:41 am
See, I thought that was the noise from when things went the opposite direction.

Have they addressed owl pellets?
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Leon on April 14, 2009, 08:34:12 am
I guess they're about to
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on April 17, 2009, 12:46:46 pm
Not only is this a great strip, it was preceded for several hours by a note 'strip coming later tonight.'  I just feel so at home.

http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-04-17 (http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-04-17)
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on April 17, 2009, 01:04:09 pm
I can only assume that the cake is T-Rex from panel 2.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on April 22, 2009, 01:53:42 am
http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-04-21 (http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-04-21)
I'm quite sure this is exactly the kind of nonsense that bees talk. In all caps.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: AugustWest on April 22, 2009, 02:01:57 am
They're right you know.  Bees do friggin' rock.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: lprkn on April 22, 2009, 03:12:33 am
Like Todd. But with less profanity and drug use (as far as we know).
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Toaster on April 22, 2009, 03:41:55 am
Quote from: lprkn
Like Todd. But with less profanity and drug use (as far as we know).

Not entirely true! Bees may not be into the hard stuff, but they are huge drunks (http://www.cracked.com/article_17032_p2.htm).
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: lprkn on April 22, 2009, 06:30:28 am
Not entirely true! Bees may not be into the hard stuff, but they are huge drunks (http://www.cracked.com/article_17032_p2.html).

Link Fix'd

Awesome, it's always nice to see that our pursuit to make ourselves obliterated is not what separates us from the animals.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Ruta Bagas on April 22, 2009, 10:25:50 am
I am so happy.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on April 22, 2009, 11:05:12 am
Link still not working?
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: lprkn on April 22, 2009, 03:34:13 pm
I fixed it within the quote in my comment. If you click on that one, it should work.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Toaster on April 22, 2009, 03:57:02 pm
Oops! Thanks.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on April 28, 2009, 01:29:40 pm
http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-04-28 (http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-04-28)

And, related, a new tshirt.
http://www.daisyowl.com/store/beeshirt.php (http://www.daisyowl.com/store/beeshirt.php)
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Ruta Bagas on April 28, 2009, 04:48:44 pm
I have got to have that shirt.

I love bees so much.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Ruta Bagas on April 28, 2009, 04:57:04 pm
Also, I am reminded of a cartoon from Private Eye on a similar theme. I can't find it online but if you imagine that <''D represents a flying, stinging insect it basically went:

A SPOTTER'S GUIDE TO BEES AND WASPS

BEES

<''D  QUEEN
<''D  DRONE
<''D  WORKER

WASPS

<''D  EVIL
<''D  EVIL
<''D  EVIL

All this leads me to ask: why isn't there a well-known website where you can draw a sketch in a little applet and be provided with a link to a .jpg of it to post on the internet forum of your choice?
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on April 30, 2009, 01:41:53 pm
Impressive and disgusting!
http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-04-30 (http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-04-30)
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on April 30, 2009, 02:01:37 pm
It's a battle of wills. I say the owl wins.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Lister on May 01, 2009, 08:34:31 am
That shirt has me really tempted to break my $15 shirt cost limit.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: lprkn on May 01, 2009, 10:58:22 pm
So much of our social education comes down to "don't shit yourself" or "heaven forbid other people find out you actually poop."

There is an image that I will not post out of general decency. Many of you have probably already seen it. But, link (http://imagechan.com/images/71cf186293891c3115fe22dfafb9bf73.jpg).

Do any of you use a reverse image search engine? If you do, what is it? I use http://tineye.com/ (http://tineye.com/), and it's pretty simple and awesome. The biggest thing to change my internet lately.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on May 01, 2009, 11:05:37 pm
Whoa, I never even heard of such a thing. I could use that.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Toaster on May 01, 2009, 11:44:59 pm
This "reverse image search engine" is an entirely new concept for me.

The first image I put in was pornographic, and the second was of a space ship. I immediately realized that my entire personality can be extrapolated from that.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on May 01, 2009, 11:59:10 pm
This "reverse image search engine" is an entirely new concept for me.

The first image I put in was pornographic, and the second was of a space ship. I immediately realized that my entire personality can be extrapolated from that.

What, no naked chick mounting a space ship? Get out of my sight.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: jaydub on May 02, 2009, 06:27:20 am
Do any of you use a reverse image search engine? If you do, what is it? I use http://tineye.com/ (http://tineye.com/), and it's pretty simple and awesome. The biggest thing to change my internet lately.
Fascinating.  This is going to change things...
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on May 05, 2009, 03:24:52 pm
Show your work. this will be on the test.

http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-05-05 (http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-05-05)
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Toaster on May 06, 2009, 07:03:21 am
Someone should tell Daisy that some people don't have fourteen dollars.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on May 08, 2009, 02:20:06 pm
Everyone is at least a little bit afraid of cheese.
http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-05-08 (http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-05-08)
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Toaster on May 08, 2009, 04:12:05 pm
In today's strip, cheese could be a metaphor for so many things.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: dejavroom on May 11, 2009, 12:03:16 pm
The strip with Steve going to buy cheese had no effect on me whatsoever. I couldn't relate to it. And then, yesterday, I had to buy a cell phone for the first time. Now the strip touches too close home.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on May 14, 2009, 12:30:53 pm
Highly specific nutrients.
http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-05-13 (http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-05-13)
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on May 14, 2009, 12:56:44 pm
Highly specific nutrients.
http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-05-13 (http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-05-13)

Not sure what would be worse, Nutella or small rodents.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on May 17, 2009, 12:22:44 am
http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-05-16 (http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-05-16)

Um, are people really doing that?
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on May 17, 2009, 12:35:07 am
http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-05-16 (http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-05-16)

Um, are people really doing that?

If they'll wear Onassis glasses, Juicy #####, or anything with that Swar-whatever glass in it then they'll wear just about anything.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Toaster on May 17, 2009, 01:16:55 am
I want to be immortal just so I can live in one of those futures where everybody is naked.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: littlefallsmets on May 17, 2009, 04:34:37 am
Yeah, but you'd end up with the Twilight Zone twist and everyone in Naked Future would look like Joe Biden.

Just miles and miles of naked Joe Biden.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Toaster on May 17, 2009, 04:54:40 am
And the only way they could reproduce would be through hot Biden-on Biden action? The novelty value on that would be pretty high, actually. It would take, like, way longer than an hour for that to stop being entertaining.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: littlefallsmets on May 17, 2009, 05:13:10 am
Which is more disturbing, though?

Naked Biden or Naked Biden-in-every-way-except-a-completely-out-of-place-pu$$y?
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Doc on May 17, 2009, 05:55:45 am
Everyone is at least a little bit afraid of cheese.
http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-05-08 (http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-05-08)

Damnit I'd managed to resist this comic because it looked just quirky and snarky for the sake of it and I already read Cat and Girl but this one might have tipped me over.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on May 17, 2009, 01:21:53 pm
Oh, it's nothing like Cat and Girl! Cat and Girl is a world where the glass might be half empty on a really good day. The mood of this strip couldn't be more different.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: oball on May 19, 2009, 03:57:42 am
This is a comic about beans (http://daisyowl.com/comic/2009-05-19)
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on May 19, 2009, 12:35:23 pm
It's beans all the way down.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: dejavroom on May 19, 2009, 02:08:20 pm
Why just now I was reading a text on Pythagoras that said he never ate beans? Why did this text contain the lyrical excerpt

"Beans, beans, musical fruit,
The more you eat the more you toot"?


I think I'll call Nicolas Cage (http://www.cracked.com/blog/lets-play-nicolas-cage/).
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on May 19, 2009, 03:33:15 pm
I just wanna know: What more do you need than the noble bean?

Boobs.


I... I thought this went without saying.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: littlefallsmets on May 19, 2009, 09:46:09 pm
Well, beans WERE a staple of the Israelites...
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Toaster on May 19, 2009, 10:24:37 pm
Thank you for the gift of Nicolas Cage. But what does that have to do with Pythagoras? I mean, is it the math angle?
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: dejavroom on May 19, 2009, 11:37:51 pm
Oh, it's just that it seems that Nicolas Cage is the guy to go to for these types of crappy mystery shenanigans. Pythagoras is definitely material for one of those. But really, I just thought it was apropos of the bean topic, some say he wouldn't even walk through a patch of beans. What would be "fear of beans"? Faba... phobia? Phaco? My dead languages don't exist.

Oh, and (http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/?attachment_id=10676)
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Toaster on May 22, 2009, 06:11:12 am
http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-05-22

Does anyone have a leaf blower? Let's get on top of this.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: AugustWest on May 22, 2009, 12:55:05 pm
http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-05-22

Does anyone have a leaf blower? Let's get on top of this.

Man, second degree itchy collar is the worst I've ever had and let me tell you it's bad enough.  Third degree? Shudder
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: dejavroom on May 22, 2009, 01:24:04 pm
"In layman terms, yes"

"oh, it was supposed to grow hair?"

very winful, very winny, yes ^^
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Lister on May 27, 2009, 06:43:41 am
I have finally determined that a Guide to Bees shirt is worth more to me than twenty-four dollars.  This is probably because I just got a royalty check, but still.  Twenty-four dollars for a shirt, people.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on May 27, 2009, 01:17:41 pm
I have finally determined that a Guide to Bees shirt is worth more to me than twenty-four dollars.  This is probably because I just got a royalty check, but still.  Twenty-four dollars for a shirt, people.

I don't even want to know what the painting ends up going for
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: oball on May 28, 2009, 02:40:12 am
Twenty-four dollars for a shirt, people.

That does include $5 shipping.  Is this really that excessive?  Achewood shirts are $18.  I can't find out how much shipping is from the new store, but I assume it would be something similar.

You want to bitch about price, try buying from overseas with devalued currency.  If I wanted that same shirt I would have to part with 37 of my dollars.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Toaster on May 28, 2009, 03:13:14 am
Oh man that is so many dollars.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Doc on May 28, 2009, 06:00:53 am
That does include $5 shipping.  Is this really that excessive?  Achewood shirts are $18.  I can't find out how much shipping is from the new store, but I assume it would be something similar.

You want to bitch about price, try buying from overseas with devalued currency.  If I wanted that same shirt I would have to part with 37 of my dollars.

Solidarity fist-can-bump.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on May 30, 2009, 02:17:10 am
http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-05-29 (http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-05-29)

Steve is right. Mystery is a precious thing.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: miles on June 02, 2009, 05:03:42 pm
I don't even want to know what the painting ends up going for

$510.01 right now. You have 2 hours 28 mins left to bid.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on June 04, 2009, 07:46:15 pm
Useless superpowers:
http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-06-04 (http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-06-04)
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on June 09, 2009, 03:13:46 am
I'm going to assume that's a shudder of pleasure in the last panel.

http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-06-09
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Toaster on June 09, 2009, 03:30:46 am
That is so creepy.

In the comments the cheese vendor is described as a "cheese monger". I would like to be some kind of monger. That sounds like a rewarding career path. Of what could I be a monger? Cola? Sweater vests? Cookies?
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Mr Trout on June 09, 2009, 05:53:57 am
The comments are sometimes even better than the strip, amazingly.

This was comic is one of my favorites, and then when I looked at the thread below it, somehow it was even funnier.

http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2008-12-31
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on June 09, 2009, 12:50:38 pm
I know how both Steve and the cheesemonger feel. We've all been on both sides of that transaction at different times.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on June 09, 2009, 12:56:47 pm
Mr. Daisy Owl did the guest strip over at Dinosaur Comics today: http://www.qwantz.com//archive/001483.html
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on June 12, 2009, 03:46:26 am
http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-06-12

Well, that's what long red lights are for.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: littlefallsmets on June 12, 2009, 05:35:30 am
I wonder if it was that particular red light that Roxanne was putting on.

Maybe that's why Sting was so driven to save her from her life of harlotry that evening.

I mean, being a whore is bad enough but a bear picking his nose and screaming about it.

It probably put him over the top.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Toaster on June 12, 2009, 06:21:52 am
That song, man. It's like, he only wants to help the one hooker he loves, and all of her friends can just eat it, is that what's going on? He doesn't have to start a community outreach program or anything, but he can at least talk to them. Maybe the other girls want to hear the nice song you wrote, you know?
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on June 12, 2009, 11:38:23 am
Wait a minute. A grownup can pick their nose whereever and whenever they want? I have a lot of catching up to do.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: KeithHernandez on June 12, 2009, 12:09:54 pm
Wait a minute. A grownup can pick their nose whereever and whenever they want? I have a lot of catching up to do.

I thought the biggest thing about growing up was realizing that only like 10 people give a shit about what you do.  And even with them it's only the big things.

Oh, and the police, depending on who you are.  (i originally typed ate, ha.)
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on June 12, 2009, 03:48:48 pm
Wait a minute. A grownup can pick their nose whereever and whenever they want? I have a lot of catching up to do.

You can also have ice cream for dinner, if you want.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: jaydub on June 12, 2009, 04:56:59 pm
We had scrambled eggs on biscuits with jam, just last night.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: oball on June 13, 2009, 01:34:01 am
What sort of biscuits?  Tim Tams?
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: greenkoolayd on June 13, 2009, 07:34:48 pm
What sort of biscuits?  Tim Tams?

[[drool]]

i need a new timtams hookup.  badly.  im getting the shakes, and everything.....
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: jaydub on June 13, 2009, 09:06:08 pm
Sadly, these were 'Merican style biscuits, maybe familiar as a scone to Commonwealth folks.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on June 13, 2009, 09:22:28 pm
There is nothing sad about that!
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: AugustWest on June 17, 2009, 04:45:13 pm
Ow! My eyes! (http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-06-17)
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on June 17, 2009, 05:23:16 pm
Nooooo!
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: dejavroom on June 17, 2009, 09:20:45 pm
My turn, my turn *jumps up and down*

I had bone scraped off from the mandible (so that it could be used someplace else in me mouth, see). So they had to cut my gums open and then hammer the shit out of the bone with a chisel. One dentist would hold my mandible with his fingers, forcing it like if it was a jammed file cabinet drawer, while the other went DING DING DING (with the hammer and chisel). My eyeballs kept bouncing inside my skull (which I wasn't aware could produce creaking sounds). It lasted two hours, and the only thing that kept me (sort of) composed was thinking: "Man, myself from one year from now will be so lucky for not being here! I really gotta stick around for that time when I'm no longer auditioning for a part in Hellraiser..."
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: greenkoolayd on June 18, 2009, 02:13:03 pm
My turn, my turn *jumps up and down*

I had bone scraped off from the mandible (so that it could be used someplace else in me mouth, see). So they had to cut my gums open and then hammer the shit out of the bone with a chisel. One dentist would hold my mandible with his fingers, forcing it like if it was a jammed file cabinet drawer, while the other went DING DING DING (with the hammer and chisel). My eyeballs kept bouncing inside my skull (which I wasn't aware could produce creaking sounds). It lasted two hours, and the only thing that kept me (sort of) composed was thinking: "Man, myself from one year from now will be so lucky for not being here! I really gotta stick around for that time when I'm no longer auditioning for a part in Hellraiser..."

that makes my tummy hurt.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: AugustWest on June 19, 2009, 02:46:07 pm
Vey awl hab ponies onum. (http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-06-19)  Where's Timmy the Tooth when you need him?
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on June 19, 2009, 03:07:44 pm
What is it with all the unpredictable guys updating their comics frequently this week?
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Lister on June 21, 2009, 10:29:44 am
My bee shirt is here!  I am happy.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Driscoll on June 22, 2009, 05:31:05 am
Hey there guys, thanks for reading. And thanks for supporting the comic, Lister.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: AugustWest on June 22, 2009, 01:59:15 pm
You're welcome. Keep up the good work.

Seconded.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Doc on June 22, 2009, 02:00:43 pm
I don't want to say too much but if we keep seeing this kind of hard work maybe someone will have their own official, unofficial message board one day.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: AugustWest on June 22, 2009, 05:15:58 pm
Jeeze, even I was on my good behaviour.

Don't think we didn't notice.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: miles on June 22, 2009, 07:16:39 pm
You're welcome. Keep up the good work.

I'm really digging it, and this coming from a guy who hasn't been able to stay with any webcomic, with two exceptions, for more than like a week. I can't deal with another board, though.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Lister on June 23, 2009, 04:08:29 am
Wow.  That was so meta.

I'm going to wear the bee shirt to our fan event.  Maybe it'll spread the word.  Of bees.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: greenkoolayd on June 23, 2009, 09:42:27 pm
Wow.  That was so meta.

I'm going to wear the bee shirt to our fan event.  Maybe it'll spread the word.  Of bees.

does wearing an achewood shirt to an achewood event be equal to wearing a band shirt to said band show?
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Lister on June 24, 2009, 02:50:10 am
It definitely would, but the event I'm attending has nothing to do with Daisy Owl in particular or webcomics in general.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Toaster on June 24, 2009, 07:07:54 am
I gave Ben a can. Ben, I gave you a can.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: lprkn on June 25, 2009, 01:44:43 am
does wearing an achewood shirt to an achewood event be equal to wearing a band shirt to said band show?

We post on an internet messageboard about cartoon cats. We are not concerned with...conventional conceptions of propriety.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: oball on June 25, 2009, 10:08:01 pm
Four years ago... (http://daisyowl.com/comic/2009-06-25)
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on June 25, 2009, 11:14:28 pm
But... but... does this mean they were never really adopted?
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: miles on June 25, 2009, 11:18:03 pm
Or that they don't age? But I can't tell, their faces may look younger.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: oball on June 26, 2009, 12:30:27 am
They look younger to me.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: AugustWest on June 26, 2009, 02:56:59 am
Am I right? 
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on June 30, 2009, 01:38:20 am
Hoo. (http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-06-29)
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on June 30, 2009, 02:19:52 am
The plot thicks.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Toaster on June 30, 2009, 04:16:05 am
Hoo. (http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-06-29)

Hoo?
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: lprkn on June 30, 2009, 05:48:42 am
The children (or the owl) mysteriously change size as the situation dictates.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Doc on June 30, 2009, 06:01:15 am
So.. they actually speak Owl?
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Toaster on June 30, 2009, 07:24:05 am
Well, on the Wikipedia page for "Owl (Language)", it says that Roman expeditionary forces were sent to the British Isles and found it hard to learn the language, so they asked some owls. The owls taught them how to speak to the natives, but with a heavy Owl accent, and with primarily Owl syntax and grammar, and with a lot of Owl loanwords. Then the locals were all, "Hey owls, what the fuck are those dudes saying?" So the owls cleared up the translation issues. So the Bretons and the Romans eventually came up with a lingua franca by combining Latin, Anglo-Celto-Germano-BlahBlah, and Owl.

What I am trying to say is that we are all speaking Owl right now. Hoot hoot, motherfuckers.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Ruta Bagas on June 30, 2009, 01:59:35 pm
This strip gets more and more like mainlining slightly boozy cocoa.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Driscoll on June 30, 2009, 09:31:33 pm
I'm not sure exactly what that means, but I assume it's a good thing.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on June 30, 2009, 09:45:03 pm
I'm not sure exactly what that means, but I assume it's a good thing.

Oh definitely!
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: oball on July 03, 2009, 09:26:07 am
The comic is one year old today. (http://daisyowl.com/comic/2009-07-03)
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on July 03, 2009, 12:16:22 pm
Here we see the brilliance of not updating every day. It makes it even funnier when we spent several days (and eight pages of comments over there) wondering what the explanation would be of how they end up speaking English to one another. What a waste if the strips had just been two days in a row.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: pmcd9 on July 04, 2009, 05:12:05 am
It's nice that Mr. Driscoll has dropped in.  I guess he saw a lot of traffic from here in his stats.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Driscoll on July 04, 2009, 05:22:43 am
That, and also Achewood is one of my personal favorites. So I figured I'd drop in and we could all exchange fist-bumps.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: dejavroom on July 04, 2009, 12:39:11 pm
*fistbumps were had by all*
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on July 04, 2009, 03:28:34 pm
*fistbumps were had by all*

I feel like we should synchronize our Swatches now.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Ruta Bagas on July 05, 2009, 10:24:27 pm
I feel like I should say a special thank you because I'm obsessed with bees, but I have not yet bought a bee shirt so I would feel like a fraud.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Lister on July 07, 2009, 07:00:56 am
The bee shirt resulted in many puzzled but polite smiles when I wore it.

Normally I have to talk for that to happen, so I'm calling it a success.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Driscoll on July 07, 2009, 07:04:44 am
Maybe they just didn't know what bees were until then. It's a very educational shirt.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on July 07, 2009, 01:11:41 pm
Guests: http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-07-07

Cooper's sad face has cut too his very soul.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on July 07, 2009, 01:52:29 pm
Can we get this guy a genius grant or something? We could all chip in.

I have a feeling that "But you didn't even wait for the sad face" is going to become part of my household's vernacular.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: AugustWest on July 07, 2009, 05:35:25 pm
Oh my!  That's one sad face all right.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on July 11, 2009, 04:27:51 pm
I am stealing the crap out of this joke: http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-07-11
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: AugustWest on July 11, 2009, 04:38:49 pm
Minimum System Requirements: Wall (http://www.daisyowl.com/store/posters/)
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: littlefallsmets on July 11, 2009, 05:15:39 pm
I tend to write it out as *winky emoticon*.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Toaster on July 11, 2009, 05:39:23 pm
Be careful you don't misspell that as "wanky emoticon". OGC, for the Dinosaur Comics fans keeping score.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Ruta Bagas on July 12, 2009, 05:34:26 pm
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1901656/OGC-unveils-new-logo-to-red-faces.html
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: pmcd9 on July 13, 2009, 03:56:24 am
Good Lord!!!
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: lprkn on July 15, 2009, 01:07:03 am
Delightful!
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Toaster on July 15, 2009, 02:31:29 am
More things should be called OGC. Just like more things should have gears in them, or be made of brass, or be steam powered.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: oball on July 16, 2009, 10:30:59 am
I cannot drive a car either, but unlike Mr. Owl, I can't make up for it by flying. (http://daisyowl.com/comic/2009-07-15)
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on July 16, 2009, 12:27:11 pm
Bummer that that's the best he can think of. Giving birth to live young really isn't all it's cracked up to be.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on July 16, 2009, 12:55:06 pm
But how does he transport the children? They can't fly on their own and I don't think he can carry them while he flies. That's totally an argument for driving.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: jaydub on July 16, 2009, 04:44:57 pm
Bummer that that's the best he can think of. Giving birth to live young really isn't all it's cracked up to be.
Lactating seems like it should be more fun than it is as well.  Or so I'm told.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: dejavroom on July 16, 2009, 05:09:52 pm
ALSO: Steve is a lightweight. This disclosure amuses me, it seems off for a bear to be booze intolerant.

Indeed. Bears are supposed to be the frat guys of the animal world, right? Tanked to the uvula on fermented fruit, sleeping for ungodly amounts of time, waking up only to eat & mate, doing the latter so violently they sometimes break their c*ck bone... Steve... *sigh* ...you're doing it wrong.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on July 20, 2009, 09:11:04 pm
http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-07-20 (http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-07-20)

I have this kind of experience all the time. What do you do when you're all geared up for them to make you mad, and then they don't? It's better if they just make you mad.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on July 24, 2009, 12:26:57 am
DMV II: http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-07-23

Hmm. Not my favorite strip. I was expecting more from Bruce.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on July 24, 2009, 12:28:11 am
Jeez, what's with all the comics tonight?

Hmm. Not my favorite strip. I was expecting more from Bruce.

I disagree. I would also find it an honor to work with Bruce.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: lprkn on July 24, 2009, 04:21:14 am
Excellence has to be recognized.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on July 24, 2009, 03:06:48 pm
Or maybe each rude man has his own special program... I wonder what they could be?
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: theinevitable on July 24, 2009, 07:47:54 pm
St Louis is the beneficiary of this program, definitely.

They are really into putting 4-way stops where a super-minor road intersects a minor road. TWO WAY STOPS EXIST, PEOPLE!

In other news, they are putting in a stoplight at this intersection near my house in charlotte. Which is good, because every time I turn at that intersection, I have an incredibly vivid image of dying in a car crash.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: AugustWest on July 24, 2009, 08:54:24 pm
Yabbut the good thing they do in St Louis, trafficwise, is turn most of the stoplights on major roads to flashing yellow at about 11:00 pm.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: jaydub on July 25, 2009, 05:17:47 am
That's kind of what happens in San Francisco - except the stoplights don't actually change.  People just drive as though they did.
Or frequently, as though the lights, the intersection, and the crossing pedestrians didn't exist.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Toaster on July 26, 2009, 09:27:09 am
So, apparently Scott Kurtz punched a wolf. It's all over Twitter. It's the only funny thing that has ever been done by or near Scott Kurtz.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on July 26, 2009, 01:00:09 pm
I can never even remember who Scott Kurtz is without looking it up. For me he's like the webcomics version of someone who is famous for being famous.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: littlefallsmets on July 26, 2009, 08:38:05 pm
Quote from: wombat
the webcomics version of someone who is famous for being famous.

This is exactly what he is. He is the Seth MacFarlane of "hey, do you remember that video game? OH GOD, SO DO I, THAT'S SO FUNNY!"

He is the Dane Cook of "hey, do you remember Randomly Generated Nerd Thing #586? OH GOD, SO DO I, THAT'S SO FUNNY!"

He is one of ten thousand inventors of Comic Sans on a cultural level.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Doc on July 26, 2009, 11:50:47 pm
Nah, that's Tim Buckley. Kurtz is more or less alright at what he does, at least he was last time I read his strip which was something like 5 years ago. He used to write a fairly decent office comedy but last time I checked in I had no idea what was going on anymore. His art is also fairly decent these days and he is as punctual as hell, which is more than we can say for some people.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: theinevitable on July 27, 2009, 12:23:15 am
I don't know if "fairly decent" and "office comedy" go together like that.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: KeithHernandez on July 27, 2009, 12:44:16 am
Tim Buckley the singer?  Cause that guy is awesome.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: pmcd9 on July 27, 2009, 01:25:57 am
Yeah, what the fuck?  Tim Buckley was great.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: oball on July 27, 2009, 01:42:01 am
This Tim Buckley (http://badwebcomics.wikidot.com/ctrl-alt-del).
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Doc on July 27, 2009, 06:00:31 am
Oball gets canned for not actually linking to the comic itself.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: oball on July 28, 2009, 04:37:06 am
28/07/09 - Traditional Owl Cuisine (http://daisyowl.com/comic/2009-07-28)
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Toaster on July 28, 2009, 04:50:56 am
I would love to pull this on a Pat-type person. But substitute beef for rats.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: dejavroom on July 28, 2009, 11:47:12 am
In my head, now and forever it is "bib, bib, bib".
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: AugustWest on July 28, 2009, 02:10:13 pm
In my head, now and forever it is "bib, bib, bib".

swap
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: pmcd9 on July 28, 2009, 05:23:35 pm
This might be my favorite Daisy Owl ever.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on July 28, 2009, 05:24:58 pm
Tofu mice are an eco-telligent best-itute.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on July 31, 2009, 03:30:31 pm
http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-07-31

I hope that cabinet door came out of a device that looks like a giant bazooka.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: AugustWest on July 31, 2009, 04:30:22 pm
Damn those cabinet doors!
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: jaydub on July 31, 2009, 04:55:52 pm
How can you be sure it only attracts kindly old ladies?  What if it attracts a bitter harridan who laughs at your misfortune?
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Mr Trout on July 31, 2009, 05:09:01 pm
At least we can be grateful that the cabinet door was medical grade.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on July 31, 2009, 05:13:04 pm
At least we can be grateful that the cabinet door was medical grade.

I could wallop him all day with this surgical 2x4
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: littlefallsmets on July 31, 2009, 10:00:43 pm
Quote from: jaydub
What if it attracts a bitter harridan who laughs at your misfortune?

Then you are at the Joan Rivers roast.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: pmcd9 on July 31, 2009, 11:35:28 pm
Then you are at the Joan Rivers roast.

Zing!
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on August 04, 2009, 05:22:52 pm
Octopuses don't take sass.
http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-08-04 (http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-08-04)
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on August 04, 2009, 05:36:40 pm
You know, I knew an octopus personally once and it gave me nothing but sass. They can dish it out but they can't take it.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: jaydub on August 04, 2009, 06:07:26 pm
There was an octopus at a lab I frequented in college named Tako.  I didn't get the joke until years later.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: oball on August 11, 2009, 06:14:52 am
Drink Experiment (http://daisyowl.com/comic/2009-08-10)

I imagine this rule doesn't apply if the drinker is being paid, as every group of friends has that one guy who will drink whatever vile concoction people come up with for money.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: AugustWest on August 11, 2009, 12:39:43 pm
Mannnnnnn
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: jaydub on August 11, 2009, 04:23:14 pm
We called these concoctions Chef A'La Barf when I was in middle school.  They made deadly food-fight armament, although you'd be suspended for sure if it got traced to you somehow.  They also made rad "science experiments" when hidden for a few weeks in a quiet corner of one of the quads.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on August 17, 2009, 12:37:19 pm
Noo! Not my picture frames and things!
http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-08-17 (http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-08-17)
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on August 17, 2009, 01:02:04 pm
That is pretty outrageous flexing, you guys.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on August 17, 2009, 03:54:17 pm
You know, I knew an octopus personally once and it gave me nothing but sass. They can dish it out but they can't take it.

Which gives me an excuse to repost this image I made re: a dream you had -
(http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w102/rugbyjersey/octo.jpg)
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on August 17, 2009, 04:31:46 pm
noooooo
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on August 20, 2009, 12:58:30 pm
Steve, Hip: http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-08-20

Owl is a super-fast math homework copier. It always took me at least 2 rap conversations to finish.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on August 26, 2009, 02:48:09 am
Sure futons are inanimate objects, but what's that got to do with anything?
http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-08-25 (http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-08-25)
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: jaydub on August 26, 2009, 03:41:17 am
Oh, the fights I've had with futons.

Fortunately, I've prevailed in my battles thus far.

I've had to back up my step father a few time though.  His futon gets downright unruly.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: theinevitable on August 26, 2009, 05:48:54 am
today, I wrestled a futon-like mattress into my tiny room and onto the bedframe, after spending several hours putting the bed together. The bed is really uncomfortable. Crap.

Also, did I mention that my bed and my desk take up like 80% of the floor space in my room. Oh man, i predict that soon I won't be able to see my floor.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: pmcd9 on August 26, 2009, 01:24:58 pm
Futons are bastards.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Toaster on August 26, 2009, 02:56:05 pm
[brag}I can roll up a futon and put it over one shoulder in 15 seconds.{/brag} #notkidding
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: jaydub on August 26, 2009, 04:16:19 pm
You must be a lot taller than me.  My efforts are, no doubt, America's Funniest-worthy.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Toaster on August 26, 2009, 04:32:45 pm
Jaydub, it makes me lol that you think I am tall. Because I am short. I am a tiny Wolverine-sized man-child. Thank you for thinking I was tall.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: jaydub on August 26, 2009, 04:50:27 pm
*pocket-person fist bump*
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Toaster on August 26, 2009, 04:57:46 pm
*reciprocity*
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on August 28, 2009, 09:02:19 pm
http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-08-28 (http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-08-28)

I got worried for a minute that I don't own a pitchfork, but then I remembered I don't own a futon. But should I be worried that a futon might come to my house?
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: jaydub on August 28, 2009, 09:42:08 pm
I was worried your story would include a pitchfork.  Thankfully I was mistaken.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: theinevitable on August 28, 2009, 11:22:56 pm
new lifting-things story.

We were buying my roommate a desk at Office Depot. They asked if we wanted help moving it. We were imagining, you know, like a hand cart or something. So we said yes.
Cut to: two college-aged guys turning red as a big burly middle-aged lady carried their desk to the car.

Damn, like, the desk was not that heavy. We just weren't sure what the protocol was for buying a large item from this store. Ugh.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: lprkn on August 29, 2009, 02:49:24 am
That is such a great mental picture.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: theinevitable on August 29, 2009, 03:22:29 am
And then she tried to make us feel better by being like, "don't worry guys, I work out every day."

In other news, I have even more reason to continue my regimen of push-ups and sit-ups.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: pmcd9 on August 29, 2009, 04:26:19 am
Little old lady helps young man across the street.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: lprkn on August 29, 2009, 06:31:59 am
Film at eleven.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on September 03, 2009, 10:44:44 pm
http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-09-03

Steve is a little concerned this might all be a big trick to get him to the vet.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on September 03, 2009, 11:04:29 pm
For some reason I keep worrying that this comic will stop being good. It's like it's so good I can't believe it's true. I don't know what I did to deserve it.

Also, I finally got the Bees tshirt. I highly recommend it.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Mr Trout on September 04, 2009, 03:26:19 am
I know exactly what you mean.

I don't even mind that there is always about 5 days between comics because it really seems like he labors over every line and word. At least, that's what I hope happens, because if he's able to sit on his butt getting stoned every day and whip one up in a few hours that's like first class Genius right there and I would be extremely jealous.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on September 07, 2009, 12:13:26 am
I was just looking at the archive and thought it was important to note that the title of the most recent strip is Owl Booboo.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on September 09, 2009, 01:24:05 pm
Prescription Strength: http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-09-09

The vet wasn't that bad. He didn't get put to sleep or anything.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Mr Trout on September 09, 2009, 01:26:53 pm
I certainly hope that's a medical grade balloon.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: linnea on September 09, 2009, 08:46:41 pm
How is it that I've never read Daisy Owl until now? Thank you, to those who recommended it.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on September 10, 2009, 04:57:58 pm
Speaking of making your way through a webcomic's archive... I think we all need this.
http://lifehacker.com/5356339/archive-binge-steadily-catches-you-up-on-web-comics
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Mr Trout on September 10, 2009, 10:53:32 pm
I just noticed on the most recent comic that, while he could have easily reused panel 2 for panel 6, he redrew it from scratch and made the doctor's eyebrows slightly lower, indicating that this conversation is over.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on September 11, 2009, 07:14:22 pm
Balloons: http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-09-11

These are some fantastic expressions all around.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on September 11, 2009, 07:23:53 pm
I giggled out loud at that. No words, one picture, and I actually laughed out loud.

Please, someone, when am I going to pay for this? I still don't understand what I did to deserve it.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: oball on September 12, 2009, 08:15:47 am
I bought a bee shirt today, as the exchange rate is slightly more favourable at the moment than it has been.

Now to wait several weeks for the shirt to make its way across the ocean...
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Ruta Bagas on September 12, 2009, 10:47:44 am
I cannot explain in words how much it pains me not to have a bee shirt. I mean, I have a bee finger puppet and bee hats and a bee teatowel and bee cufflinks and a bee peg bag for when I hang the washing out but I do not have a proper job.

(By 'I cannot explain in words' I don't mean it pains me a lot. It's only a t-shirt.)
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: side_show on September 12, 2009, 02:56:47 pm
I would like to thank everyone for turning me on to Daisy Owl.  It is excellent.  That is all.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on September 12, 2009, 04:15:27 pm
I would like to thank everyone for turning me on to Daisy Owl.  It is excellent.  That is all.

I can't believe that it started on Cracked. I mean, I'm not knocking Cracked, I read their list every day but Daisy Owl just seems so far removed from their kind of humor.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: pmcd9 on September 12, 2009, 09:31:25 pm
I don't find much of Cracked to be funny.  Daisy Owl on the other hand is excellent.  How are we coming on giving it it's own forum?  Any movement on that yet?
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: oball on September 13, 2009, 01:45:27 am
Daisy Owl started on Cracked, sure, but not as an official Cracked article.  Ben just started posting them on the forums (http://www.cracked.com/forums/topic/35472/daisy-owl) one day to see what people thought.  They went up on the front page because David Wong liked them and decided the comic needed more exposure.

The forums in general are farily different in tone to the rest of the site.  They were imported over whole from Pointless Waste of Time when it merged with Cracked, and hence retain a lot of the unique humour of PWoT.  Cracked meanwhile found a formula that worked (fact-based lists with dick jokes) and stuck to it, which gets them the hits they're after but can get a bit samey.  I'm on the forums every day but I rarely read the articles.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: oball on September 13, 2009, 01:45:57 am
Oh, and Daisy Owl has a forum (http://daisyowl.com/forum/).
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on September 13, 2009, 01:58:02 am
Sure it does, but who wants to talk about a comic with a bunch of strangers?
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Doc on September 13, 2009, 03:45:51 am
Why join a forum just to bug a guy?
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: greenkoolayd on September 13, 2009, 04:30:10 am
they have radder thread titles than us.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: pmcd9 on September 13, 2009, 07:27:02 am
Oh, and Daisy Owl has a forum (http://daisyowl.com/forum/).

That forum looks... official.

Oh shit, everyone's gonna go over there now aren't they?
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: jaydub on September 13, 2009, 07:44:36 pm
Naw, I like the way we handle it here.  Appreciation without knob-slobbery.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: littlefallsmets on September 13, 2009, 08:39:04 pm
Rogue boards forever, Barney never!
Rogue boards forever, Barney never!
Rogue boards forever, Barney never!
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Toaster on September 13, 2009, 08:52:55 pm
Holy shits, yo: two of those threads have over 800 replies. And they are only a month and three months old, respectively!
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: pmcd9 on September 13, 2009, 10:31:57 pm
"So where have you been Toaster?"

"Oh, you know, nowhere."

"Yeah, well we haven't seen you around here much lately."

"I've been busy... with stuff."

"Have you been posting at the Daisy Owl forum?"

"Uhm, maybe..."
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on September 14, 2009, 08:36:08 pm
The most recent comic is available as a poster now.
http://www.daisyowl.com/store/posters/ (http://www.daisyowl.com/store/posters/)
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on September 16, 2009, 12:08:41 am
Pamphlet: http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-09-15

Man, that fine would totally suck.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: AugustWest on September 16, 2009, 01:33:28 am
Lame.

Good eyebrows, though.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: littlefallsmets on September 16, 2009, 02:12:43 am
I just realized why I don't like Daisy Owl as much as it seems like it should:

I want it to work blue and it doesn't.

It's clever sometimes and often charming but it almost feels too accessable. Too family friendly. Too many punches pulled.

I fully admit this is a "me problem" as the kids say. I'm sure that the creator's vision involves working PG because it adds to a sense of wonder and makes the weirder things weirder in certain ways but, to be honest, it's a point of view I can't really identify with at this point in my life. I need my whismy cut with a healthy dose of cynicism and chased with a glass of angry vulgarity.

It is the same problem with Homestarrunner. I keep feeling like it is holding out on me.

I mean, it's good, Daisy Owl is a good strip but I am perhaps not in the right place to fully enjoy it.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on September 16, 2009, 02:30:47 am
H*R did once discuss giving people the finger.  But it was Strong Bad with his boxing gloves, so we didn't actually see his middle digit extended.

Man, I haven't checked out H*R in forever.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on September 16, 2009, 04:57:34 am

Man, I haven't checked out H*R in forever.

Teen Girl Squad is always a good time.

I just realized why I don't like Daisy Owl as much as it seems like it should:

I want it to work blue and it doesn't.

It's clever sometimes and often charming but it almost feels too accessable. Too family friendly. Too many punches pulled.

I fully admit this is a "me problem" as the kids say. I'm sure that the creator's vision involves working PG because it adds to a sense of wonder and makes the weirder things weirder in certain ways but, to be honest, it's a point of view I can't really identify with at this point in my life. I need my whismy cut with a healthy dose of cynicism and chased with a glass of angry vulgarity.

It is the same problem with Homestarrunner. I keep feeling like it is holding out on me.

I mean, it's good, Daisy Owl is a good strip but I am perhaps not in the right place to fully enjoy it.

See, I was also holding out, and maybe for this exact reason, but this last strip? It reached me.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on September 16, 2009, 12:57:12 pm
Lame.

Good eyebrows, though.

Huh. I really enjoyed this one. But a couple weeks ago there was one that I found really weak which everybody else loved.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on September 16, 2009, 01:02:17 pm
Huh, it would never occur to me that there's anything wrong with a strip because no one cusses.

In fact now that I think of it one thing that's fascinating about this strip to me is there is something so Achewoodian about it while totally lacking that element. The core of Achewood is really not about the dick jokes, much as we enjoy the freedom to make them. I don't know how to define what it is but it's so interesting that the strips feel like they have so much in common anyway.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: AugustWest on September 16, 2009, 01:19:20 pm
Huh. I really enjoyed this one. But a couple weeks ago there was one that I found really weak which everybody else loved.

I was quoting, not commenting.  I was on the phone when I read this strip and it was a real struggle to maintain seriousness.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on September 16, 2009, 01:21:52 pm
Huh, it would never occur to me that there's anything wrong with a strip because no one cusses.

Cooper: Steve's cussing! / Mr. Owl: He's cussing?
Cooper: He's cussing! / Mr. Owl: Is he cussing someone out? / Daisy: Who's cussing?
Mr. Owl: Steve's cussing! / Daisy: What is he cussing about? / Cooper: He's just cussing!
Steve: I'm cussing? / Mr. Owl and Daisy: You're cussing! / Cooper: No cussing!
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: AugustWest on September 16, 2009, 01:24:34 pm
I was quoting, not commenting.  I was on the phone when I read this strip and it was a real struggle to maintain seriousness.

Alternate response

Daisy Owl is not lame.  It is a serious strip with serious uses.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Doc on September 16, 2009, 01:44:28 pm
Early (to be ashamed of, to be forgotten) achewood was kind of innocent though. Phillipe wasn't exactly the POV character but there was a sense of the others trying to tone things down around him. They were also more innocent because they were stuffed animals and didn't leave the house much.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: pmcd9 on September 16, 2009, 04:20:05 pm
I, for one, don't find cussing to be a necessary element in comedy.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: AugustWest on September 16, 2009, 04:33:57 pm
I, for one, don't find cussing to be a necessary element in comedy.

I'm not averse to it, but the only element I find necessary to comedy is funny.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: smick on September 16, 2009, 08:34:35 pm
Cooper: Steve's cussing! / Mr. Owl: He's cussing?
Cooper: He's cussing! / Mr. Owl: Is he cussing someone out? / Daisy: Who's cussing?
Mr. Owl: Steve's cussing! / Daisy: What is he cussing about? / Cooper: He's just cussing!
Steve: I'm cussing? / Mr. Owl and Daisy: You're cussing! / Cooper: No cussing!

Aaron Sorkin took over writing Daisy Owl?
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on September 16, 2009, 08:46:41 pm
Aaron Sorkin took over writing Daisy Owl?

Remembering the alt-text gets you a can, good sir.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: pmcd9 on September 17, 2009, 12:42:54 am
I'm not averse to it, but the only element I find necessary to comedy is funny.

I'm not averse to it either.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: theinevitable on September 17, 2009, 05:14:39 am
this just makes me imagine people whose conception of comedy is really specific.

"ok, i guess this is making me laugh, but where are the Groucho Marx glasses?"

I am endlessly entertained by jokes based on someone having a really specific criterion for what makes something good.
especially if it's a weird criterion, obviously.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: smick on September 17, 2009, 06:56:04 am
Remembering the alt-text gets you a can, good sir.

You should probably take that can back.   I don't recall the Alt text you refer to, however when I read that, I did this in my head.

Dana: Casey's cussing! / Dan: He's cussing?
Dana: He's cussing! / Dan: Is he cussing someone out? / Natalie: Who's cussing?
Dan: Casey's cussing! / Natalie: What is he cussing about? / Dana: He's just cussing!
Casey: I'm cussing? / Dan and Natalie: You're cussing! / Dana: No cussing!
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on September 17, 2009, 12:50:50 pm
You should probably take that can back.   I don't recall the Alt text you refer to, however when I read that, I did this in my head.

I was sort of wrong, too. It wasn't alt-text is was a straight-up caption: http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12142001
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: littlefallsmets on September 17, 2009, 07:56:28 pm
It is not that swearing is NECESSARY to comedy.

It is that in a long-form storytelling, it feels like an artifical restriction to potential entertainment and that bothers me.

If there was a little swearing here and there and it felt like the potential was there, it wouldn't feel like that.

It is like there is a pebble in my shoe on an otherwise pleasant walk.

I'm a weird person, though, we've covered this.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: pmcd9 on September 17, 2009, 08:01:01 pm
Mike you do realize there are people out there that rarely or never swear?  I'm one.  I'm not offended by profanity, but I typically find it ineloquent.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Toaster on September 17, 2009, 08:02:22 pm
I've never seen the Wire, but I read somewhere that one of the characters never swears? Is that true? I really gotta watch that show...
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on September 17, 2009, 08:08:55 pm
Yes, that's Omar, who makes his living stealing from the drug dealers. IMHO he's also the only character on the series who isn't believable if you stop and think about it for too long - he's got so many contradictions, they're obviously fictionally purposeful - but maybe he was meant to be.

The good thing about not using profanity often is that it makes a big impression when you do, as I found in that other thread we were having lately.

Also, I bought Honey Nut Cheerios for the first time solely because they are Omar's favorite cereal.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on September 17, 2009, 08:13:36 pm
The good thing about not using profanity often is that it makes a big impression when you do, as I found in that other thread we were having lately.

See also: Silent Bob and talking.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: dejavroom on September 17, 2009, 08:23:30 pm
See also: Silent Bob and talking.

...which ties in nicely with one of my weak spots for comedy: profanity that is so extreme as to become ridiculous, borderline nonsensical (as when Randall reads the porn titles in front of that kid in "Clerks" and the titles become progressively more unhinged. I didn't watch that scene, I survived it).
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: littlefallsmets on September 17, 2009, 08:24:30 pm
I realize that there are people who rarely or never swear, yes.

And you know what?

If I notice it enough, it unnerves me too.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on September 17, 2009, 08:53:34 pm
...which ties in nicely with one of my weak spots for comedy: profanity that is so extreme as to become ridiculous, borderline nonsensical (as when Randall reads the porn titles in front of that kid in "Clerks" and the titles become progressively more unhinged. I didn't watch that scene, I survived it).

And tying this back to The Wire: There's also a famous scene where the two detectives are investigating the scene of a murder and the only thing they say is "Fuck" over and over in all kinds of different intonations.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: dejavroom on September 17, 2009, 09:02:32 pm
And tying this back to The Wire: There's also a famous scene where the two detectives are investigating the scene of a murder and the only thing they say is "Fuck" over and over in all kinds of different intonations.

This sounds like a show that I should eventually check out.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: jaydub on September 17, 2009, 09:46:59 pm
And tying this back to The Wire: There's also a famous scene where the two detectives are investigating the scene of a murder and the only thing they say is "Fuck" over and over in all kinds of different intonations.
Back in the early '90s, while hanging with some buddies we did a similar thing with "Dude".  This is probably not a unique experience.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Toaster on September 17, 2009, 10:03:04 pm
It is a universal experience, that bonds us all as humans.

Dude is the perfect word, capable of expressing any sentiment or emotion. It is the Higgs-Boson of words.

If the human race experiences speciation through space colonization, there will be a planet that adapts to communicate entirely though this word.

I wonder what other words do this...

I wonder if Classical Roman legionaries sat around in their barracks playing this same game with some Latin word.

EDIT: All like,

Quote from: Classical Roman Legionaries
Amicus.
Amicus!
Amicus...
Amicus.
Aaaaamiiiiicuuuuus!!!
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: AugustWest on September 18, 2009, 12:10:36 am

I wonder if Classical Roman legionaries sat around in their barracks playing this same game with some Latin word.


Hic est a vegrandis can of medicus piper.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: greenkoolayd on September 18, 2009, 04:17:01 am
Hic est a vegrandis can of medicus piper.

salaam alaikum to you, too.....
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Ruta Bagas on September 18, 2009, 11:34:47 am
Have you ever heard an owl swear?

I do not think you have.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: AugustWest on September 21, 2009, 01:14:32 pm
Mr. Owl has his dignity.  And a fanny pack. (http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-09-21)
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on September 21, 2009, 01:42:21 pm
I wish I could just blow into a kazoo and get help.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: smick on September 21, 2009, 01:45:22 pm
I wish I could just blow into a kazoo and get help.

Dignity.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Ruta Bagas on September 21, 2009, 03:50:44 pm
Can you play a kazoo with a beak?
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: greenkoolayd on September 21, 2009, 04:27:36 pm
Can you play a kazoo with a beak?

i had not considered that.... i have doubts.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: miles on September 21, 2009, 05:07:37 pm
Is it just me or do the two strips frequently update on the same day? Has this been pointed out before?

That fanny pack will come in handy pulling himself around the house, I imagine.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Ruta Bagas on September 23, 2009, 12:13:47 pm
Between this and the click-through I'm going to need to see a thoughts doctor. (http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-09-23)
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on September 23, 2009, 01:08:10 pm
So was that his original rough sketch or what?
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on September 23, 2009, 01:14:06 pm
That is him messing with our minds.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: jaydub on September 23, 2009, 04:12:01 pm
Right - like I'm not going to click on that.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Liz on September 23, 2009, 06:31:06 pm
The clickthrough looks to be the pre-shading linework. Open each image in its own tab and swap between them for a hypnotic effect.

The "google eyes" may be there as guidelines to make sure he spaces the eyedots properly, and also that he knows where to put the stress lines around the eyes like in panel 4. That's just a guess, though, since I don't know why that would result in Daisy getting pupil-dots. Or why he rotated the children in panel 6 just one degree counterclockwise for the finished product.

What I'm trying to say is that following an artist's process can be pretty weird, and maybe should not be attempted by anyone.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: oball on September 24, 2009, 03:00:42 am
...or possibly he just did it because it was hilarious?
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Toaster on September 24, 2009, 03:02:04 am
Best Occam's Razor pun gets a can and bragging rights.

GO!
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Ben-San on September 24, 2009, 03:49:34 am
I feel like he took the pre-shading linework and then just drew circles or pupils for each eye as appropriate.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: littlefallsmets on September 24, 2009, 03:58:20 am
"Organizing his Nine Inch Nails collection became deceptively easy once he applied the principle of Occam's Reznor."
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on September 30, 2009, 07:29:48 pm
Day of the Bean: http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-09-30

It's all about the eyebrows that little mark next to Owl's left eye.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: AugustWest on September 30, 2009, 07:56:30 pm
I would enjoy Bean Day.





At first.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: oball on September 30, 2009, 08:51:13 pm
It's all about the eyebrows that little mark next to Owl's left eye.

Clearly Driscoll's unorthodox method of using googly eyes to plan out facial expressions has paid off again.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: pmcd9 on September 30, 2009, 10:12:49 pm
Which is nothing at all like a corn off (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/2298887827/).
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on October 01, 2009, 12:24:48 am
New at your local CVS, in the foot care department:  Corn Off!  From the makers of Fuck You, Hemorrhoid.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: side_show on October 01, 2009, 10:22:17 pm
I have had a day when all I ate was beans.  See, during a particularly painful healing period post dental surgury, I went crazy for lack of meals or meat in particular anyway, having only been able to eat soft things like ice cream and such for what seemed like ages but was probably only a week or two.  For some reason I thought canned refried beans would fill the desire I had for substantial, high protien food stuffs.  No.  A few spoonfuls of refried beans was fine, but a whole bowl full?  I was too young at the time to have thought it through.  Surly with some sour cream, soft-ish salsa and melted cheese it would have been much more meal-like, but I was a young, foolish bean eater.  Or maybe it was bean day, only I didn't know it, being human and all.  Never again.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Mr Trout on October 02, 2009, 01:38:03 am
I once ate 1 3/4 lbs of baked beans (all of a large-ish can) in one sitting. Just to see if I could. Man, I paid for it 6 hours later but I just had to see if I had it in me, ya know?
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: pmcd9 on October 02, 2009, 01:47:47 am
I once ate 1 3/4 lbs of baked beans (all of a large-ish can) in one sitting. Just to see if I could. Man, I paid for it 6 hours later but I just had to see if I had it in me, ya know?

You had it in ya, but it kept trying to get out.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: greenkoolayd on October 02, 2009, 06:39:54 am
'tis a magical fruit, indeed.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: AugustWest on October 02, 2009, 08:05:26 pm
Taint Natural.  Taint Right (http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-10-02)

It's all about the tiny little wrinkles around the eyes.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on October 02, 2009, 08:27:55 pm
You can hear that they're speaking in capital letters.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on October 07, 2009, 12:56:19 pm
He's very lucky.
http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-10-07 (http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-10-07)
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on October 07, 2009, 01:05:15 pm
Skeletons can escape screaming.

Education.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: pmcd9 on October 07, 2009, 01:22:27 pm
Oh Lord I can't stop laughing. 
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: oball on October 11, 2009, 10:04:39 am
My bee shirt arrived on Friday, along with a doodle (http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/oball/daisyowldoodle.jpg):

(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/oball/daisyowldoodle.jpg)
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: pmcd9 on October 11, 2009, 03:43:13 pm
"science"

Is that a nod to Achewood?
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: oball on October 11, 2009, 04:33:11 pm
It's a nod to the fact that I'm a scientist.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on October 11, 2009, 04:40:34 pm
How did he know youre a scientist and that you use the handle oball. Did you send a biography with your order?
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: oball on October 11, 2009, 05:07:18 pm
No, he's actually a crazy stalker obsessed with me.  As well as the shirt and the doodle, the package also contained his severed ear.

I shall use it to clone an army of Driscolls and seize control of the webcomics industry.





(Or possibly he knew because we're both moderators on the Cracked.com forums)
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Lister on October 11, 2009, 05:42:13 pm
Also, science is fairly rad.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: oball on October 11, 2009, 05:53:37 pm
And although we haven't seen him at work recently, Steve is employed as a honey scientist.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Driscoll on October 13, 2009, 03:05:16 pm
It is actually nod to Oball AND Achewood AND Science.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: pmcd9 on October 13, 2009, 03:22:04 pm
Is the beautiful dog in your avatar your work?
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on October 13, 2009, 04:16:26 pm
It is actually nod to Oball AND Achewood AND Science.

This is so beautiful, I could weep.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: greenkoolayd on October 13, 2009, 04:34:29 pm
This is so beautiful, I could weep.

(http://www.bestgreenhometips.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/green-tissue_box.jpg)
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on October 13, 2009, 04:37:43 pm
What we need more of is Daisy Owl.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Doc on October 14, 2009, 03:01:18 am
What we need more of is Daisy Owl.

We have come full circle. And by come, I mean canned.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: oball on October 15, 2009, 12:27:25 pm
I say, that scientist looks like an awfully cool fellow. (http://daisyowl.com/comic/2009-10-15)
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: dejavroom on October 15, 2009, 12:44:08 pm
That's fantastico. More dementia, please.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on October 15, 2009, 01:47:19 pm
But what of the other 2 space babies?
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: dejavroom on October 15, 2009, 05:50:11 pm
Ugh. Babies.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: jaydub on October 15, 2009, 06:46:06 pm
Why don't people put the leftover sandwiches in the fridge?  Who wants a warm ham sandwich?
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on October 19, 2009, 07:09:52 pm
Storage: http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-10-19

I'd kind of like to take a nap and wake up in the future. Unless it turned out like Demolition Man. That would suck. Or if the world was destroyed or something.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Ben-San on October 19, 2009, 08:23:27 pm
I have never yet taken a nap that failed to end with me waking up in the future. Just, y'know, usually only a few hours in the future.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: pmcd9 on October 19, 2009, 09:27:46 pm
Ben gets a can for pointing out the obvious.

Also, please forgive me, I registered at the Daisy Owl forum.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: rowboat on October 19, 2009, 10:19:49 pm
Daisy Owl is one of the very few other web comics I've seen that seems interesting to me. I'm not sure if it has what it takes to really hook me into a serious archive crawl, but it's definitely nice.

To this day, Perry Bible Fellowship is the only non-Achewood web comic which I felt I immediately needed to see all of.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on October 19, 2009, 11:47:56 pm
Daisy Owl is one of the very few other web comics I've seen that seems interesting to me. I'm not sure if it has what it takes to really hook me into a serious archive crawl, but it's definitely nice.

To this day, Perry Bible Fellowship is the only non-Achewood web comic which I felt I immediately needed to see all of.

OMG, you totally need to read the whole archive of Daisy Owl right now. Don't come back until you are finished. You will thank me.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: theinevitable on October 20, 2009, 12:06:24 am
SPACE BABIES!

"heh, oh yeah."
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: pmcd9 on October 20, 2009, 01:32:11 am
They have become the holy trinity.  Achewood, PBF and now Daisy Owl are the only three comics that I have read in it's entirety.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: AugustWest on October 20, 2009, 01:37:11 am
Achewood, PBF and now Daisy Owl are the only three comics that I have read in it's entirety.

I would add The Parking Lot is Full and Lackadaisy to that list.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on October 20, 2009, 02:01:09 am
On rereading, it occurred to me that crossing out what it says on your box and writing something new is a pretty good way to deal with life. Come to think of it, I guess I've actually done a lot of that sort of thing.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Doc on October 20, 2009, 05:20:39 am
I'd kind of like to take a nap and wake up in the future. Unless it turned out like Demolition Man. That would suck. Or if the world was destroyed or something.

There was  Gumby episode with that premise that scared the hell out of me when I was a kid.

I would add The Parking Lot is Full and Lackadaisy to that list.

The tragic thing about this list is that almost half the comics on it are no longer extant. In fact if we add A Lesson is Learned but the Damage is Irreversible it is half. Oh woe.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: jaydub on October 20, 2009, 05:31:45 am
On rereading, it occurred to me that crossing out what it says on your box and writing something new is a pretty good way to deal with life. Come to think of it, I guess I've actually done a lot of that sort of thing.
Its certainly been my MO.  Life goes not backward, nor tarries with yesterday...
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: wombat on October 23, 2009, 06:39:48 pm

Do not use regular babies.

http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-10-22 (http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-10-22)

Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: greenkoolayd on October 24, 2009, 04:28:00 am
Wow. Daisy Owl has not worn off on me. It's still fun.

all those dumb bitches on assetbar that talk shit about you would be surprised to see that you do in fact, have a soul.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Doc on October 24, 2009, 05:17:52 am
You realise of course koolayd, that now you have discovered Ash's secret we will require you to stay.... forever.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: greenkoolayd on October 24, 2009, 11:16:35 pm
You realise of course koolayd, that now you have discovered Ash's secret we will require you to stay.... forever.

could be worse...
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: jay-ell on October 25, 2009, 04:29:13 pm
On rereading, it occurred to me that crossing out what it says on your box and writing something new is a pretty good way to deal with life. Come to think of it, I guess I've actually done a lot of that sort of thing.

I want to be Wombat when I grow up.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 25, 2009, 07:22:15 pm
Quote from: wombat
On rereading, it occurred to me that crossing out what it says on your box and writing something new is a pretty good way to deal with life. Come to think of it, I guess I've actually done a lot of that sort of thing.

I... have the sense of humour of a five-year-old, apparently, and took the use of the word "box" to reinterpret this as a statement about naughty tattoos.

But it also works the sane way!
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: jaydub on October 26, 2009, 02:04:25 am
I... have the sense of humour of a five-year-old, apparently, and took the use of the word "box" to reinterpret this as a statement about naughty tattoos (http://www.bme.com/service/samples/e2high/gentat3.jpg).

But it also works the sane way!
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: AugustWest on October 26, 2009, 02:13:55 am
could be worse...

could be raining.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Doc on October 26, 2009, 08:07:33 am
There could be snakes.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: jay-ell on October 26, 2009, 10:53:16 pm
could be raining.
There could be snakes.

Okay, this is totally off-topic, but has anyone read James Stevenson's children's books? He's most famous as a New Yorker cartoonist, but he had a series of beautifully watercolored picture books when I was little that I loved. (The connection here is that my favorite was called "Could Be Worse!," which is sadly out of print.) Anyone else remember these?
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: jaydub on October 29, 2009, 02:34:08 am
**crickets**
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: oball on October 29, 2009, 12:20:00 pm
Rockets (29/10/09) (http://daisyowl.com/comic/2009-10-29)
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on October 29, 2009, 01:08:46 pm
Well I guess that explains what happened to the other two. For now. Dun dun dun!
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: CortJstr on November 04, 2009, 02:20:38 pm
Forecast: http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-11-04

Mr. Owl probably also gets that TV station where the news breaks in with situationally relevant news bites. And I'm assuming that he can fly at the speed of plot. He seems like a very lucky owl in these respects.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: jaydub on November 04, 2009, 05:07:06 pm
Dennon Buglerer?  Is this something I should know?