The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Bobby Isosceles on January 04, 2010, 09:09:56 pm

Title: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 04, 2010, 09:09:56 pm
I sure want some waffles. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01042010)

Maybe I will make some, after I take 50mg Lycopene to avoid the Becoming.
Title: Re: 20100104 - Waffles
Post by: AugustWest on January 04, 2010, 09:13:17 pm
Thank heavens it was annotated.
Title: Re: 20100104 - Waffles
Post by: jaydub on January 04, 2010, 10:05:18 pm
Maybe its not intentional "historical variety bar" grooming so much as extreme right-handedness.
Title: Re: 20100104 - Waffles
Post by: lprkn on January 04, 2010, 10:53:18 pm
It's a condition many people live with every day. It's like my brain is Houston, and my left hand is Voyager 2.
Title: Re: 20100104 - Waffles
Post by: CortJstr on January 04, 2010, 11:45:59 pm
I've always thought lycopene was a fun word. Not "smock" fun, but still fun.
Title: Re: 20100104 - Waffles
Post by: AugustWest on January 05, 2010, 12:19:27 am
Not "smock" fun,

I never thought of it before, but you're absolutely right.  "Smock" is a fun word.

Smock!

Smocksmocksmocksmocksmocksmock

SMOCK!

Heh.  Time to go annoy the wife and kids!
Title: Re: 20100104 - Waffles
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on January 05, 2010, 12:24:09 am
F that, Guacaomle is the most fun word. If you dont have fun saying guacamole, you're not doing it right.
Title: Re: 20100104 - Waffles
Post by: jaydub on January 05, 2010, 12:28:35 am
Seven syllables, at least.

goo-WOCK'-a MOL-ay...ay...ay
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: Chump Change on January 05, 2010, 12:55:03 am
I get uncomfortable when people have too much fun saying guacamole.
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: miles on January 05, 2010, 12:56:26 am
For some reason it bugs me when people shorten it to "guac" because it's like, where's the fun in that?
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: schnitzelbank on January 05, 2010, 12:57:53 am
I sure want some waffles. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01042010)

Maybe I will make some, after I take 50mg Lycopene to avoid the Becoming.

Lies! Filthy, filthy lies! You were offered waffles and declined them! You lied on THE INTERNETS!
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: CortJstr on January 05, 2010, 01:03:58 am
I never thought of it before, but you're absolutely right.  "Smock" is a fun word.

Smock!

Smocksmocksmocksmocksmocksmock

SMOCK!

Heh.  Time to go annoy the wife and kids!

Don't knock my smock or I'll clean your clock </Hobbes>
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: jay-ell on January 05, 2010, 02:20:33 am
Personally, I'm partial to "shrapnel."
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 05, 2010, 02:40:26 am
Perspicacious.
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on January 05, 2010, 02:54:44 am
sesquipedalian
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: AugustWest on January 05, 2010, 02:54:58 am
Flense
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: schnitzelbank on January 05, 2010, 03:10:33 am
Mongooses. Stare at it for a while.
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 05, 2010, 03:18:49 am
gazebo.

gaaaaah-zeeeeeeeeeee-BOW.
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: Choop on January 05, 2010, 03:19:17 am
moustachioed

(i pronounce guacamole as "whack-a-mole", just like the mallet game, because contrary to all my best efforts i am in fact turning into my father)
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: AugustWest on January 05, 2010, 03:28:45 am
Mellaril
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: pmcd9 on January 05, 2010, 03:41:29 am
For some reason it bugs me when people shorten it to "guac" because it's like, where's the fun in that?

I used to work with a dude that always called it ROCKamole.  I would like to say this was one of his most annoying traits, but sadly I can't.
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on January 05, 2010, 03:49:40 am
Did they just legalize pot or something?
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: bluemoon72 on January 05, 2010, 03:58:35 am
Floccinaucihilipilificatrix.  (seriously.)
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: greenkoolayd on January 05, 2010, 04:07:01 am
Floccinaucihilipilificatrix.  (seriously.)

nerd






also, the fun words:

x heretofore
x wherewithal
x duder(as opposed to "dude")
x effing
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: AugustWest on January 05, 2010, 04:13:30 am
Woody
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on January 05, 2010, 04:24:32 am
Dodecahedron
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: Chump Change on January 05, 2010, 04:26:59 am
gazebo.

gaaaaah-zeeeeeeeeeee-BOW.

Ma-ca-da-mi-a.
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: bluemoon72 on January 05, 2010, 04:39:59 am
x heretofore
x wherewithal
x duder(as opposed to "dude")
x effing

Hee, don't forget obeisance!
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: theinevitable on January 05, 2010, 04:48:14 am
Quote
Floccinaucihilipilificatrix

Wait, I am having trouble parsing this one.

a woman who estimates the worth of objects as nothing?
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on January 05, 2010, 06:14:46 am
Plinth.

Also, I have trouble interpreting cartoons like this one because, being a systematist, my go-to interpretation for this type of diagram is that it's a genealogical tree. Which, I'm sure you can see, would cause problems with the parsing of this cartoon.

And furthermore, I think lycopene only exists in a useful-to-humans form in cooked tomatoes, not fresh ones.
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: Toaster on January 05, 2010, 07:04:10 am
I would have bet money on "Pervasive and unquenchable curiosity about the universe".

Also, I love how meatus sounds like a euphemism, and yet is not one.
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: dejavroom on January 05, 2010, 11:23:54 am
"bibulous" is a ridiculous word.
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: bluemoon72 on January 05, 2010, 01:36:23 pm
Wait, I am having trouble parsing this one.

a woman who estimates the worth of objects as nothing?

Dammmmn, you're really good.  A woman who treats her husband as worth nothing, as I remember it from the OED.
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: jay-ell on January 05, 2010, 03:12:12 pm
Back in college, we had a saying:

"All women are lesbians after their fourth beer."

Hell, it was theater - that worked on some of the dudes, too.
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on January 05, 2010, 03:13:39 pm
Any dude who was gay after four beers was gay before the first beer.
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: jay-ell on January 05, 2010, 04:16:48 pm
Ah, yes, because female sexuality is fluid and dynamic, and male sexuality is rigid and unchanging.

I forgot for a minute that ladies can only be gay for other ladies so long as it suits the interests of the dominant gender.
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on January 05, 2010, 04:20:54 pm
I didnt even say a word about women, chill out, yeesh. I dont know what women do, or why they do it (or how they take benign statements about men and force them into offensive ones about women). I'm just saying I dont know any male without gay tendencies who suddenly does gay things after four beers.
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: AugustWest on January 05, 2010, 04:22:13 pm
Ah, yes, because female sexuality is fluid and dynamic, and male sexuality is rigid and unchanging.

I forgot for a minute that ladies can only be gay for other ladies so long as it suits the interests of the dominant gender.

THAT'S NOT FUNNY!
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: Choop on January 05, 2010, 04:23:08 pm
i bet you do and they keep it hidden from you for reasons
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: jay-ell on January 05, 2010, 05:09:34 pm
THAT'S NOT FUNNY!

Oh, but it is.
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: AugustWest on January 05, 2010, 06:22:14 pm
Lincoln likes waffles. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6U5W3pavJY)
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: Toaster on January 05, 2010, 07:25:04 pm
Any dude PERSON who was gay after four beers was gay before the first beer.

I fixed it. Now everone can stop yelling.

(It freaks me out when people fight in front of me, because I come from Circumstances. Like, to the point of tears, I'm not kidding.)
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: jay-ell on January 05, 2010, 07:27:15 pm
I was just joking, trying to get a rise out of ACap, is all.

Yeesh, you guys. Being all serious.
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: bluemoon72 on January 05, 2010, 07:40:25 pm
I fixed it. Now everone can stop yelling.

(It freaks me out when people fight in front of me, because I come from Circumstances. Like, to the point of tears, I'm not kidding.)

I have such a deep soft spot for men from Circumstances.  I read this and just wanted to give you hella hugs.
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: jaydub on January 05, 2010, 07:41:58 pm
Troll(op)
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: greenkoolayd on January 05, 2010, 08:00:46 pm
im glad we are all back to hugging and stuff.
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: jay-ell on January 05, 2010, 08:07:52 pm
Sloppiest makeouts
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: Choop on January 05, 2010, 08:08:59 pm
so long as we stop short of maximum cuddles
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: jay-ell on January 05, 2010, 09:07:29 pm
I'll try not to get it in your hair.

That is always a lie.
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on January 05, 2010, 09:15:24 pm
I just want to know if there are any dudes who go full on gay after four beers. Like in the middle of the party they put Abba on the stereo and start giving interior decorating tips.
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: jay-ell on January 05, 2010, 09:25:30 pm
I think it takes more than four drinks, but Pedro once woke up on the floor the morning after a party being spooned by an otherwise extremely straight (and very attractive) man. He was very weirded out, but manged to extricate himself without waking the other dude, and we agreed to never speak of it again.

Until now.

But yeah, I was really just being combative, but I do think that there are guys who are latently bisexual who could be convinced to get up to dude-on-dude shenanigans as long as they have the fog of booze to blame it on later. Not many, but they do exist. Yeah, they're bi when sober, too, but they'd never act on those urges until you get some liquid courage in them.

Ladies, on the other hand, are more likely to make out with other ladies because dudes dig it, whether or not they are in fact harboring actual bisexual feelings. I know several girls who have gotten it on with ladies to please their men, which does not make them lesbians so much as actresses.
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: jaydub on January 05, 2010, 09:58:30 pm
I once woke up after a similar party facing the bottom of a wicker chair (from the underside).  Confusing.  Also, I had no #####.  They were draped over the railing outside, on account of someone spilling their beer on me.  Apparently, I did not resist the removal of ##### (perhaps because the floor under the wicker chair was so comfortable). My friends swear that nothing untoward happened to me.

But you wonder, you know?
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: Chump Change on January 05, 2010, 10:01:04 pm
wait, I've forgotten the filters

which one is pants and which one is robot
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: jay-ell on January 05, 2010, 10:35:01 pm
#####

*****

%%%%%

$$$$$
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: Dangermoose on January 05, 2010, 11:56:49 pm
(i pronounce guacamole as "whack-a-mole", just like the mallet game, because contrary to all my best efforts i am in fact turning into my father)

I go full out and call it "whack-a-mole-game" as a sort of one-off rhyming slang because I am turning into me.

Also, it can't be said enough:

Prisencolinensinainciusol

But the conversation has gone elsewhere.
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: CortJstr on January 06, 2010, 12:08:19 am
I once woke up after a similar party facing the bottom of a wicker chair (from the underside).  Confusing.  Also, I had no #####.  They were draped over the railing outside, on account of someone spilling their beer on me.  Apparently, I did not resist the removal of ##### (perhaps because the floor under the wicker chair was so comfortable). My friends swear that nothing untoward happened to me.

But you wonder, you know?

Do you think maybe you did it asleep style?
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on January 06, 2010, 12:19:22 am
gazebo.

gaaaaah-zeeeeeeeeeee-BOW.

Gaze-bo. (http://www.homestarrunner.com/ween03.html)
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: TedStriker on January 06, 2010, 12:40:59 am
Curmudgeon: the word that sounds like what it is.
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: jaydub on January 06, 2010, 12:54:00 am
Do you think maybe you did it asleep style?
Oh no.  The perp confessed.  He spilt half a pitcher over my legs, and felt remorseful.  Someone convinced him it would be humane to wash my #####, so 2 or 3 of them got them off me and they put them in the wash machine.  Unfortunately the dryer was broken, so they hung the ##### over the rail to "dry".  At night.  They were still soaked the next morning, but one of the apartment dwellers loaned me some sweats.

Ahh, early 20's.
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: Toaster on January 06, 2010, 02:07:28 am
They made your wet ##### wetter. And for a longer period of time. Because they loved you.
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: Doc on January 06, 2010, 03:21:50 am
Curmudgeon: the word that sounds like what it is.

Which brings us to onomatopoeia, the funny sounding word that means funny sounding words.
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: Choop on January 06, 2010, 04:03:22 am
funicular - it's the mountain lift with the fun built in

bellicose

haberdashery - reminds me of poppycock but it's a store

Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on January 06, 2010, 05:08:05 am
Cobbler a solid word. Both a tasty campfire treat, and a dude who fixes shoes.
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: AugustWest on January 06, 2010, 05:18:21 am
Spigot.
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: Chump Change on January 06, 2010, 07:02:33 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uuCNAwXGaQ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uuCNAwXGaQ)
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: robot_god on January 06, 2010, 09:20:07 am
Brobdingnagian.
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: TedStriker on January 06, 2010, 03:06:49 pm

haberdashery - reminds me of poppycock but it's a store


In the same line of thinking, "sartorial". 

Back when I was working retail at a high-end (mostly men's) clothing store (http://www.billyreid.com), I would tell people that I was a habberdasher.  Certainly sounded better than, "I work at the mall".
Title: Re: 2010-01-04 - Waffles
Post by: theinevitable on January 06, 2010, 07:16:17 pm
Quote
Dammmmn, you're really good.  A woman who treats her husband as worth nothing, as I remember it from the OED.

I knew a different version of the same word, without the -trix on it. So I was working from knowing the word, not like... being awesome at Latin.

Prisencolinensinainciusol

YES. YES. that drum beat. yeahhh.