The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: littlefallsmets on November 05, 2011, 08:36:11 pm

Title: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 05, 2011, 08:36:11 pm
The Endless Troubles of Johnny Tripod #2. Twenty interior pages of art plus covers and a free pin of either Johnny Tripod or L'Anana Francaise while supplies last.

The Premise head-shop receives a bong containing a genie and hilarity ensues.

Email me at littlefallsmets@hotmail.com with some kind of title line suggesting that it is about this, gimmie your address and I'll give you my address to which to send either a fiver in some form(three bucks for the comic, two for shipping) or your creative output in trade such as with wombles or... you know... if you'd already sent me a boatload of graphic novels as in another case.

Maybe I'll give you my parents' address upstate for sending checks or money orders in case we move back in three weeks because I am a terrible failure.
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: Nabubrush on November 05, 2011, 09:57:56 pm
Done and done. If you got #1, I'd like that too. I don't know if that came out here when I was gone or what.
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 05, 2011, 10:01:43 pm
Number one came out in...

2003? And I don't have that many copies left, it was so long ago.

Worry not, though. While they are of a shared continuity, they are not of a continuing story. There is nothing you need to know from the first to enjoy this one.
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on November 05, 2011, 10:21:35 pm
Hotmail still exists? Are you afraid of google?
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: miles on November 05, 2011, 10:55:57 pm
People still send money through the mail? Are you afraid of paypal?
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: wombat on November 05, 2011, 10:57:46 pm
People still print comics on paper? Are you afraid of the Internet?


OK, I think we're done now.
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: Nabubrush on November 05, 2011, 11:13:58 pm
People still snark?

Number one came out in...

2003? And I don't have that many copies left, it was so long ago.

Worry not, though. While they are of a shared continuity, they are not of a continuing story. There is nothing you need to know from the first to enjoy this one.

I didn't really want a copy for fear of losing the thread. I'm not expecting James Joyce all up ins.
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: miles on November 06, 2011, 06:39:26 am
People still snark?

Who am I kidding? I mail a check in for my car payment every month.
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: Nabubrush on November 06, 2011, 02:33:27 pm
Who am I kidding? I mail a check in for my car payment every month.

I pay my bills by directing thoughts at my implant.
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: Nabubrush on November 08, 2011, 06:14:54 pm
I dispatched an email and did not get a response. Can I assume one will be forthcoming? Can I assume you feel I don't deserve a copy of the comic? Can I assume I should get mine from Paul?
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: theinevitable on November 08, 2011, 07:19:50 pm
I also emailed, so my guess is The Dude is processing a high volume of orders.
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: Nabubrush on November 08, 2011, 07:35:57 pm
I also emailed, so my guess is The Dude is processing a high volume of orders.

I hope he doesn't forget us now that he's become a big deal.
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: jay-ell on November 08, 2011, 08:37:59 pm
I was a bad listener and sent him a PM through this board instead. Also no response. Maybe (hopefully not) he's moving again?
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: Nabubrush on November 08, 2011, 08:43:14 pm
I have learned from more than one person that PMs can sometimes sit unread for months. This may not be his situation, though.
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: pmcd9 on November 09, 2011, 09:02:53 pm
I haven't received a response either.

Can somebody tell me again why he can't use paypal?
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: JorgeFabregas on November 09, 2011, 10:20:48 pm
Because of an accident.
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: jay-ell on November 09, 2011, 10:33:16 pm
I haven't received a response either.

Can somebody tell me again why he can't use paypal?

Because every time you use PayPal, God drowns a LOLcat.
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 09, 2011, 11:45:15 pm
Can somebody tell me again why he can't use paypal?

probably because of paranoia.
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: theinevitable on November 10, 2011, 02:46:01 am
In't it kind of a documented thing that Paypal will fuck you over? I think I remember Ash having a problem with this. Or someone on the board.
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: pmcd9 on November 10, 2011, 02:18:43 pm
In't it kind of a documented thing that Paypal will fuck you over? I think I remember Ash having a problem with this. Or someone on the board.

Okay...

How about Amazon Checkout (https://payments.amazon.com/sdui/sdui/helpTab/Checkout-by-Amazon) then?  Does anybody have a problem with Amazon?
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: Nabubrush on November 10, 2011, 03:42:39 pm
I fuck*ng hate PayPal, submitted as anecdotal evidence.
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 10, 2011, 04:18:11 pm
Paypal is for shit and I'm still trying to figure out if I want you guys sending stuff to Bushwick or Little Falls...

Just give me a little longer to sort that out.
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: theinevitable on November 10, 2011, 04:39:53 pm
I want to tease you about turning immediately into Onstad and ignoring your fans now that you're getting some money, but doing it backwards and flaking out before the money even comes...

but I was worried it would sound mean instead of funny, so I am just mentioning the concept of a joke.

I can wait for the cool comic. I am cool with you making sure my money doesn't get lost in the mail/accidentally delivered to the bike-delivered artisan gochujang collective that replaces you in your apartment.
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: pmcd9 on November 10, 2011, 05:56:28 pm
Okay...

How about Amazon Checkout (https://payments.amazon.com/sdui/sdui/helpTab/Checkout-by-Amazon) then?  Does anybody have a problem with Amazon?

Ahem...
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: Nabubrush on November 10, 2011, 07:34:00 pm
Ahem...

Yeah, PayPal sure sucks.
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 10, 2011, 07:59:36 pm
I have sent mailing information to everyone who has contacted me so far from here!

I have... seven orders. That's rad as hell. Anyone else, I now have my shit a bit more together, I know where you're gonna be mailing payment to so, like, I will respond faster.

I am new at this.

I also have five copies on the shelf at Desert Island Comics in Williamsburg and that's cool too. As my foot gets better, I'mma bug at least five or six more comic shops around Brooklyn and Manhattan. We'll see.
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: pmcd9 on November 10, 2011, 08:11:29 pm
Have you sent it around to anyone who might review it?
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: Nabubrush on November 10, 2011, 08:12:56 pm
I'mma want more than one copy. Also, because i happen to be in this thread right now, this goes here (sorry):

(http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhtfx3Rf2M1qabj53o1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1321042307&Signature=fSBwPFgC8GLyJmxrxCqQMrq688w%3D)
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 10, 2011, 08:28:10 pm
I... have no idea who to send it to that would review it for me?

I'm very new at this.

If anyone wants multiple copies, just mention it in the e-mail and... uhm... I don't know, maybe four bucks for additional copies instead of five because of bulk shipping?

And if anyone has ideas on how to get it to reviewer, I'm open to suggestions.
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: Nabubrush on November 10, 2011, 08:32:39 pm
You don't care that Rocky digs G. Love? Because that pisses me off.
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: theinevitable on November 10, 2011, 08:50:24 pm
I didn't really get why any of them liked particular bands. Except that guy who likes the 'mats, because they are the best band.
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: jay-ell on November 10, 2011, 08:52:08 pm
I... have no idea who to send it to that would review it for me?

I'm very new at this.

If anyone wants multiple copies, just mention it in the e-mail and... uhm... I don't know, maybe four bucks for additional copies instead of five because of bulk shipping?

And if anyone has ideas on how to get it to reviewer, I'm open to suggestions.

I have done video game reviews for a site that also reviews comics (http://www.popmatters.com/pm/comics/). They love indie stuff. Let me get in touch with the editor of that department and find out where you should send it.
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 10, 2011, 10:04:00 pm
Thanks for the help, jayelle!
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: Nabubrush on November 10, 2011, 10:22:00 pm
I didn't really get why any of them liked particular bands. Except that guy who likes the 'mats, because they are the best band.

Not even Lucy?
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: theinevitable on November 11, 2011, 05:44:53 am
Oh, crap! That one was out of the frame of my browser.

Most people don't know about the plotline where Lucy murders Schroeder. Controversial.
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 05, 2011, 07:40:11 am
All the orders I have as of tonight are going in the mail tomorrow!

Anyone wants to order one, it is still totally totally possible. Just e-mail me with your address as above.

(Yesterday, I gave one to Matt Groening at a comic show and though he'll probably never read it, that's just cool.)
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: miles on December 05, 2011, 11:39:50 am
That's really cool.
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: wombat on December 05, 2011, 01:23:55 pm
(Yesterday, I gave one to Matt Groening at a comic show and though he'll probably never read it, that's just cool.)

Oh, that is cool. I gave my first book to a few writers at a mystery conference - two mostly just for networking and the third because I really like him - but stupidly passed up the chance to give one to Sue Grafton, who was the most famous person there and I've not only read all her books, I've even read her father's obscure out of print books. I'm still kicking myself. Never wimp out on those opportunities.
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 05, 2011, 02:48:36 pm
The neat thing was, like, he was just... at... this little indie comics show in Williamsburg, just there as another festival goer.

It's not like I waited in line for an autograph or paid thirty bucks or something so he felt obligated to take it, we were just shopping at the same table that sold really elaborate pop-up books.
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: wombat on December 05, 2011, 03:07:50 pm
Even braver of you to give it to him then. I'm getting better at that sort of thing, but it takes guts.
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: Nabubrush on December 05, 2011, 10:47:46 pm
The neat thing was, like, he was just... at... this little indie comics show in Williamsburg, just there as another festival goer.

It's not like I waited in line for an autograph or paid thirty bucks or something so he felt obligated to take it, we were just shopping at the same table that sold really elaborate pop-up books.

Fuck, he's from Portland - if you had given him mine, we could have saved the postage.
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 05, 2011, 11:27:47 pm
As much as I can be a Hamlet-type asshole about long-process decisions?

On the subject of one-action leaps to action, I can kinda be a little bit of a shameless badass.

I think it's also why I have no stage fright ever.

If I can get myself to the moment of truth, I can get things done. But months-long processes, I have problems maintaining that momentum.

I am a welder, you know, I am not a blacksmith. I can go in and be all BZZT. I am good at the BZZT of shamelessness.
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: pmcd9 on December 06, 2011, 05:55:13 am
Here's one (http://www.regretsy.com/2011/12/05/cats-1-kids-0/) for all you Paypal haters.
Title: Re: All right, all right, the comic.
Post by: Nabubrush on December 06, 2011, 04:38:22 pm
Here's one (http://www.regretsy.com/2011/12/05/cats-1-kids-0/) for all you Paypal haters.

That's fuck*ng horrible.