Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that there is no way to put a picture of a pug in the News Box?

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Asherdan

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
1
Wild Card / Re: Return of the Son of Today I'm Gonna...
« on: August 16, 2021, 07:03:17 pm »
Wombat, you asshole, quit imagining such adventurous weeks for me!

New Dept. Head quit, means I'll have to keep doing my job and his for the foreseeable future.
I was so mad I set up two interviews with other companies.
Uncle Don died. We've been looking out for him since Aunt Connie and his son died with 90 days of each other several years back.
We took Spouse out to dinner for her b-day and it turned out pretty enjoyable.
Got advised a requisition was being opened for a new Dept. Head and my senior director, who is the hiring manager on it, told me to apply for it.

So I guess still keep the two interviews next week, but what a dang whipsaw.

2
Science & Nature / Re: Aminals
« on: August 02, 2021, 11:53:03 pm »
That's nice, good to see you encouraged by some breakthroughs.

Took the St. Bernard camping and he did pretty awesome. After we'd climb a rock or something he'd drink a bunch of water and crash out in the middle of camp and snooze, so pretty laid back.

3
Science & Nature / Re: Aminals
« on: July 06, 2021, 02:16:43 pm »
Much Love, miles, I know what you're going through.

My two pennies: I've always chosen quality over quantity for my animals. Pretty much for the reasons wombles stated.

4
Science & Nature / Re: Aminals
« on: June 27, 2021, 10:34:23 pm »
Sorry bud, I feel your feels.

5
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Book Thread
« on: June 27, 2021, 10:32:12 pm »
2nd time I've heard the convenience store book recommended, might have to check that out.

6
Science & Nature / Re: Aminals
« on: June 11, 2021, 05:29:15 pm »
But also, be careful of heatstroke. Dogs just physically don't cool themselves as well as us hairless apes do.

Always a good reminder. I always really feel for the St. Bernard once summer temps settle in. You can really tell when the heat gets to him because he just kinda collapses into a motionless fur slinky in some shade and looks dead.

I take him out in the mornings when we feed the livestock so he can rampage, but when the t-stat hits 85 I bring him inside until the evening cool-down. One good thing, he and the german shepherd are big enough to stand at the hoss trough and drink from it, so at least they always have all the cool water they can handle.

7
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Book Thread
« on: June 11, 2021, 04:00:06 pm »
A couple I liked over last year and this:

What the Hell Did I Just Read - Jason Pargin
Solutions and Other Problems - Allie Brosh
Point B - Drew Magary

Also, I got my hands on two big TPB focused on Maggie the Mechanic and Hopey from Love and Rockets. I've heard some modern criticism of the Hernandez brothers work, and although warranted, fuck it, these are the people, stories and tone of my teens.

8
Achewood / Re: EMERGENCY PARTY
« on: May 17, 2021, 10:36:06 am »
Damn server's gone down again right in the middle of my periodic reread. I take this very personally indeed

SO YOU'RE THE ONE

9
Sports & Leisure / It's a Wombat!
« on: February 08, 2021, 05:45:23 pm »

10
History / Re: President Trump
« on: January 22, 2021, 09:00:01 pm »
Well, that devolved into an utter shit show, but now that the Presidency has changed hands and the world didn't end, I'ma close this motha for the satisfaction of it.

11
People & Places / Re: Happy Birthday, Crazy Pug Lady!
« on: January 19, 2021, 11:07:54 pm »
Thanks! All I wanted for my birthday this year was a new president. It's coming a day late like everything else I've ordered lately.

OK, that was a pretty sick burn right there.

12
People & Places / Re: Happy Birthday, Crazy Pug Lady!
« on: January 19, 2021, 05:00:18 pm »
Hey Pug Lady Lady!
Happy having another birthday!
It beats the ##### off NOT having another one, for sure.


14
People & Places / Happy Birthday, Crazy Pug Lady!
« on: January 19, 2020, 07:03:01 pm »
Happy birthday, Wombles. Without your insistence I would have fought off becoming a goat-herd much longer, and been the lesser for it.

15
Arts & Entertainment / Good (bad) book advice
« on: May 10, 2018, 03:52:47 pm »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12