Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit? - Nabu

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - ianmalcolm2

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14
1
Achewood / Re: Who was that maked man?
« on: August 04, 2015, 10:38:33 pm »
Onstad trying to be Chris Ware, was my guess.

2
Achewood / Re: Apr 07 2014 - A wreath of your own evisceration
« on: April 09, 2015, 06:27:50 pm »
Yeah ol' 'Pop Art' seems to have deleted his profile on their website. First the lack of soda, and now this. I guess I just hope the guy is 'okay.'

3
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« on: February 17, 2015, 10:14:31 pm »
DVR'd episode three of BCS, watching it tonight.

I find the Breaking Bad/Vince Gilligan internet fandom pretty awful, and I'd hate to see Better Call Saul turn entirely into a fanservice delivery engine for this demographic. I already feel like Mike and Tuco's prominent roles are veering the show into this territory. Let's just hope that not every episode has some kind of in-your-face 'easter egg' casting decision.

I'm also on the fence about the editing style and self-seriousness. It feels too much like Breaking Bad in tone -- I kind of want the writers/cinematographers/whatever to let the show breathe and become its own thing.

All of which is to say I'm not disliking the show so far, and I'm happy they're making it -- I'm just antsy to see which overall direction it  takes as it continues.


4
Arts & Entertainment / Re: What are you listening to?
« on: January 21, 2015, 10:24:11 pm »
This is just so nice. Ol' young Tobias Jesso Jr. is proving himself quite an excellent 'good ol' fashioned' songwriter type.

In a more standard-to-me vein, Doldrums is proving himself to be an adept guy. I saw his live show at a music festival last year, and its kinda-shittiness didn't seem to betray that he had this kind of noise-assault in his arsenal. This is nice song though.

5
Science & Nature / Re: Aminals
« on: January 20, 2015, 06:14:15 pm »


Jelly Bean the ferret is a good house guest this week. For an animal that sleeps 22 hours a day, she goes hard. Those precious two hours of wakefulness were almost entirely spent chasing a plastic bag tied to a broomstick.

6
Arts & Entertainment / Re: What are you listening to?
« on: January 20, 2015, 06:11:22 pm »
Stars put on an excellent live show (small sample size as well -- I saw them once years ago) & I support your analysis. Even the dude's stage-presence is off-putting. It's like he was trained in musical theatre or something, because he's almost too demonstrative with his gesturing and fist-waving while singing. He also sported the only ascot I've ever seen on a non-cartoon person, so there's that.

7
People & Places / Re: Whose birthday is today?
« on: January 20, 2015, 02:33:51 am »
i have .... too many

8
People & Places / Re: Whose birthday is today?
« on: January 20, 2015, 02:24:57 am »
whoa i'm an option. this is huge

9
People & Places / Re: Big Man On Campus
« on: January 15, 2015, 04:16:42 pm »
happy birthday, internet figure. i've been reading snippets of your exploits & thoughts near-daily for over a year. A strange thought, but a reassuring one.

10
People & Places / Re: Quitting TOUAMB
« on: November 13, 2014, 10:00:35 pm »
This was a good way to make me read a birthday thread.

Also, happy birthday, Mr. A West.

11
Science & Nature / Re: Aminals
« on: November 01, 2014, 09:43:49 pm »
It's only rarely that I stand by the maxim of my lil profile image, but this is one of those times.

I am glad that I have never had to deal with pooping out a huge parasite.

12
Science & Nature / Re: Aminals
« on: October 29, 2014, 11:36:05 pm »
does it all come out at once?

or does the other worse manual option have to happen...

13
Arts & Entertainment / Re: What are you listening to?
« on: October 27, 2014, 12:59:48 am »
That is a good song. I'm happy to see a general trend in radio away from the weird faux-eurotrance of the last couple years.

14
Wild Card / Re: Shit my ________ says
« on: October 19, 2014, 09:45:13 pm »
god i am glad to now have a place to live where i can just chill without people all existing at me.

15
Sports & Leisure / Re: Apple Brewin'
« on: October 19, 2014, 09:40:15 pm »
It's kimchi season again. 10 pounds this year, and that doesn't include the radish stuff, and the hot pepper-less 'white kimchi'.

Something about the ritual and/or long amounts of time involved in making kimchi usually results in me gettin all tippled on beverages. But the feeling of drunk self-satisfaction when you're done beats all else.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14