Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Yo mama's so crass and low, she puts chocolate pieces into her mouth while she is still chewing up the previous chocolate pieces.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Paisley

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
1
Achewood / Re: dude! -- January 12, 2007
« on: January 15, 2007, 08:23:31 pm »
What's up with the (presumably leather) belt on the knife drive? Not being a Mac user, I'm not familiar with how Apple peripherals are racked.

2
Achewood / Re: 19 Sep 2006 - Ray just wants you home safe.
« on: September 21, 2006, 11:23:19 pm »
I'm still wondering what precisely LN is putting into winter storage there, and it's distracting me.

Could be pretty much anything with a battery pack, but what's distracting me is ... since when is there a winter in California over which one must store things?

3
Achewood / Re: 1 Sep 2006: Talk hard! Say opinions!
« on: September 03, 2006, 10:47:58 pm »
Sarah Silverman and Tina Fey need to have some sort of battle to the death [...] Janeane Garafolo, as their predecessor, would definitely have to be the referee.

Why would a battle to the death need a referee? It seems to me that the outcome would be pretty decisive without having to call it.

4
Achewood / Nov 22, 05 - HNNYAH!
« on: November 23, 2005, 12:18:11 am »
Microanalysis ahead:

So, Molly starts out on Beef's right in frame 6, and then schooched behind him by frame 8? She doesn't quite have that look of disgusted horror that I'd expect, in any case, or maybe she's just trying to be polite.

5
Achewood / Die Bloggen des Novembers
« on: November 07, 2005, 07:34:26 pm »
So, Beef goes to a yarn store.

I thought cats liked yarn.

6
Achewood / 11/03/05 - You Chintzy Bastard
« on: November 03, 2005, 03:13:44 pm »
Quote from: "Null"
That's the most desolate "woods" I've ever seen.  Usually a woods has trees in it.


Well, I wouldn't tell Pat where I was. Would you?

7
Achewood / Apologies4Men.com - 5 Oct. 2005
« on: October 05, 2005, 02:09:51 pm »
Quote from: "Null"
I like the "Hi" welcome mat, though I wonder why it's not in Beef's favorite font.  


Because either a) Molly bought it for him (having gotten tired of tracking Ray's garden substrate du jour into the pool house),  or b) they're at her apartment.

8
Achewood / wine? (16sept05)
« on: September 18, 2005, 10:07:11 pm »
Quote from: "Suckin_Dick"
i think we're dodging the central issue at hand here, which is that, "how would one come up with the concept of a creature whose head is made completely of cartilage in the first place?"


Besides the brilliant theory postulated by JordanB regarding cartiliginous baby heads, I'm thinking the character owes something to the animations of Max Fleischer (didn't someone on the old forum have an animated .GIF of a similar character that seemed to tickle Onstad's fancy?). If Cartilage Head isn't directly based on the Koko's ghost character in the St James Infirmary sequence in Fleisher's Snow White, CH certainly must have been inspired by it:

http://www.archive.org/details/bb_snow_white

I'm thinking maybe Edvard Munch's The Scream might also be source material.

9
Achewood / 4/19/05 - this stuff is humorous
« on: April 19, 2005, 04:44:19 pm »
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Actually, I would kind of like a future dead person T-shirt.


Dorothy Gambrell has something similar.

Just sayin'.

10
Achewood / Blogs - 28 November - 4 December 2004
« on: December 04, 2004, 03:24:45 am »
Quote from: "Mantonio"
I also want to know what he finds so appealing about a sawed-off tit.


I think it's just because that's what pirates dish about.

I have a friend who occasionally works on cutters and barks and stuff. She has a blast, scuttling up and down the rigging and whatnot, but I don't recall her mentioning sawed-off tits.

Now,  as to Mr. Bear:

Patrick has always been a bit of a firework, and it would suit him lovely to receive some sort of federal treatment.

Now, imagine if it had been Lyle who'd been shot. There'd be parts of Pat in every squirrel's nest in Achewood.

Life could be worse for a fellow, don't you know.

Mr. Bear is such a dear, dear old thing.

11
Achewood / did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
« on: November 27, 2004, 12:48:23 am »
Quote from: "miles"
I thought I knew what that was (also called pee shivers), but then again it's never made me piss all over the floor.  That usually happens due to blockage or drunken bad aim.  So I looked it up on WebMD and, strangely, nothing.  So I googled it. [snip ... er ... cut ...er, leave out the rest]


Thanks. As a member of the Ladies' Auxiliary, I had no idea. I mean, as an avid camper (read: getting drunk and stoned in state parks), I did learn how to pee standing up (it is possible), but I attributed the shivers to the night chill hitting my gluteus broadicus, not to orthostatic phenomena.

I'm still worried about Beef, though. Assuming Lyle kept the chamber (or clip) full, there are still some rounds left in that gun. Did anyone think to check on him? The absence of blogging makes me wonder.

12
Achewood / 17-11-04 "I am the law, I am the lash!"
« on: November 17, 2004, 07:07:36 pm »
Quote from: "Formica"
Truly, it is the limit that Beef is more protective of his plastic pet than he ever was of Molly, with regard to Gramma K..


I think it would have to do with that he respected Molly as being able to speak for herself (which Weldon can't really do, being a dog and all).

13
Achewood / Fill Out The Following To Claim Your SmileBucks - 11/11
« on: November 12, 2004, 06:57:40 pm »
Quote from: "Silverberg"
she thought the time was right for young Philippe to go out into the world and make his fortune.


Male sea otters reach sexual maturity around 4-5 years of age. I'd assume they would be encouraged to leave their mother at around 1 or 2 years, so that she can get on with the business of raising more little otters.

That wouldn't mean that they are emotionally or intellectual mature, though--have you ever seen an otter when they're doing anything other than eating or sleeping? They are spazzes.

14
Achewood / Natural bird feeders out of suet and pine cones, 8/3/04
« on: August 04, 2004, 06:52:35 pm »

15
Achewood / Thirsty for Romance? Ring the MILF Man on July 14, 2004
« on: July 14, 2004, 03:03:07 pm »
Quote from: "side_show"
[...] please explain what MILF really means.  


Moro Islamic Liberation Front, those guys in the Philippines that keep giving the U.S. an excuse to return there as "advisors".

It's also an American Pie reference, or Oedipal.

Dear, dear Mr Bear.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4