Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - bdeth dot com

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
1
People & Places / Explosive Trees & Websites
« on: July 12, 2005, 04:42:43 pm »
I am in Love with you, St_Zartan. IN LOVE.

2
People & Places / Explosive Trees & Websites
« on: July 12, 2005, 03:29:55 pm »
For a place that is intended for joy, I sense a lot of pent up hostility. Please don't be jealous, now. After all:

Quote from: "Philippe"
A computer should be a fun place to be!

3
Yay

4
People & Places / Explosive Trees & Websites
« on: July 12, 2005, 02:27:53 pm »
I love the comradery. No, really.

The comment about IE is for Mac users who ARE USING IE. And the comment will probably be removed by popular demand. Maybe a good replacement would be a link on the main page to a troubleshooting menu. Although I think I may be giving the idiot Mac user who is on IE too much of my time.

I think I've spent more time on here discussing my site than I have actually working on my site. But nonetheless what I love about the site is: that when the window is resized, the navbar and some other items dynamically move with the window. To the best of my experience this isn't an extremely common practice and it's a small joy to me. Also, I am just passionate about the open desolation. The internet these days is just too much filled with pages reeking of background images and text that flows across the entire window leaving the viewer with an overwhelmed sensation. I wanted to make something that gave the viewer (namely me) a place to rest their eyes.

Ok, I'm done. (Until my next bout of construction.) Done.

6
People & Places / Explosive Trees & Websites
« on: July 11, 2005, 08:14:44 pm »
Also I forgot to reiterate:

8)Desolate minimalism is where it is at.

7
People & Places / Explosive Trees & Websites
« on: July 11, 2005, 03:47:17 pm »
I'm back from vacation in Costa Rica. I decided not to even think about computers for a week so I'm still catching up on everything. Thank you, everyone for all of your comments and taking the time to look at my site and give feeback. Criticism is what I wanted. Really, Jough.

Now, just a quick summary and conclusion to this thread:

1) I am a novice web designer.
2) The page is under sporadic construction.
3) The "metaphoric links" are optional.
4) There is also an obvious nav bar.
5) The IE reference is for Mac users and will probably be changed along with the spash page.
6) Right-click the deskop once the image has loaded. (I thought that was a given in 2005)
7) I am a novice web designer and didn't fully understand the CSS thing. How do I fix that?

Thanks again everyone.

8
Achewood / June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
« on: June 30, 2005, 07:45:16 pm »
is he dead...

9
People & Places / Explosive Trees & Websites
« on: June 30, 2005, 07:40:35 pm »
Are you trying to keep me on the defensive?

I do appreciate all of the good advice, however. I'm still trying to hunt down and write up some browser detection code.

10
Arts & Entertainment / Fear of Music
« on: June 30, 2005, 06:23:35 pm »
indeed

11
People & Places / Explosive Trees & Websites
« on: June 30, 2005, 06:22:50 pm »
PNG's are here!

and they're spectacular

12
People & Places / Explosive Trees & Websites
« on: June 30, 2005, 04:58:00 pm »
To what do you all think that the ceiling fan and couch should link? I had no intentions.

13
Achewood / June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
« on: June 30, 2005, 04:34:39 pm »
It's funny because Ray thinks that by placing the girl with the J cups in Canada that his friend will not find out that he is lying. Later Ray confesses because of the somber moment.

14
People & Places / Achewood Convention
« on: June 30, 2005, 03:17:15 pm »
Gosh I hope it worked.

15
Arts & Entertainment / Fear of Music
« on: June 30, 2005, 03:16:11 pm »
apples?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5