Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Charles Nelson Mandela

Pages: [1] 2 3
1
History / Re: Massacre at Virginia Tech
« on: April 17, 2007, 06:46:29 pm »
I would call it verbal shock.  You have to be emotionless, or all of it will come out and you won't be able to walk or speak any more.

Your soul's so crushed your body runs on autopilot.

Unfortunately, verbal shock doesn't explain the editor of the VT school newspaper, who started making the rounds of the cable channels very early on yesterday afternoon (by 3:30 pm or so?), in full makeup and dress with an "I can't believe how lucky I am today" grin on her face that she couldn't entirely wipe off no matter how hard she tried, and inserting inappropriate giggles into the answers to her questions.

Times like this I wish I was the boss just so I could put her on the "Will NEVER Work Here" list.

2
History / Re: Massacre at Virginia Tech
« on: April 16, 2007, 08:08:48 pm »
What Asherdan said.

3
Achewood / Re: Apr.16.2007 - Chapter One.
« on: April 16, 2007, 06:10:48 am »
I would have gone for "depression played across his handsome features" as well.

All in all though, seems like we've been here before.

Just to add to the "Ray has latent tendencies" meme: Notice Ray had no problem writing an entire gay romance novel for Pat, but had to farm out the hetero gig.

4
Achewood / Re: April 13th, 2007: Miracle Slice, Tennessee
« on: April 13, 2007, 11:32:19 pm »
Also the Terrible Amish sound like they'd be cool folks to party with. All violent and hyped up on meth made with only the most primitive of equipment. All rocking out to religious banjo music.

And they'd have a hell of a website.

5
Achewood / Re: The joys of home fries and wine
« on: April 12, 2007, 03:07:31 am »
Quote
Achewood (whose title simultaneously conjures up heartbreak and erections)

I can't help but think "When you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail."

6
I blame Don Imus.

7
Achewood / Re: The joys of home fries and wine
« on: April 11, 2007, 05:08:27 pm »
There are so many knees jerking in that Letters section that I thought I was in the middle of a virtual-reality ad for Requip.

Why do I ever go look at Salon? Every time I do, it makes my brain bleed.

(Except for Camille Paglia. She is a Good Egg.)

8
Achewood / Re: April 6, 2007 - "Meanwhile"
« on: April 07, 2007, 03:45:30 am »
A clear, passive agressive statement in fabric:  "I know what you were doing.  I have seperated the sheet so that you know I know that you are filthy, and that I am superior for having cleaned if for you.

Canned for the pure cringe factor, and for actually making me feel happy that I can't get laid.

Well, for about fifteen seconds or so, anyway.

9
Wild Card / Re: 15 things I have learned
« on: April 06, 2007, 05:24:03 pm »
Seriously? What are you trying to prove by calling me a dick and a snot? Calling me names on an internet messageboard says more about you than it says about me.

Maybe this says something about the side of the fence on which I reside, but I tend to think that referring to someone as a "hippie" is a bit of name-calling unto itself.

And referring to oneself as "offering the truth" seems to be sort of, ah, passive-aggressive.

*sits back and wonders if this is constructive criticism*

*puts on Simon wig*

*ssssssip*

10
Achewood / Re: April 6, 2007 - "Meanwhile"
« on: April 06, 2007, 04:33:10 pm »
Also, I still refuse to read achewood until this gay cat porn crap is over.

You may be waiting a long time. Don't you realize it's all about the

ROCK.

HARD.

CAT.

COCK?!?

11
I vote yes. I like getting things. And making things.

And I think every disc should include at least one Cure song, since being Not Cats, we can never actually get 239,000 miles away from them anyway.

12
Achewood / Re: 4.4.2007 - "Death of a Salesman. Work it. Work it."
« on: April 04, 2007, 07:24:33 am »
But how did Ray add a dimple...? Plastic surgery? Sharpie?

Crazy cartoon cats...

13
Achewood / Re: 4.4.2007 - "Death of a Salesman. Work it. Work it."
« on: April 04, 2007, 07:13:35 am »
I ... don't get it.

I especially don't get why there's now a mole on Ray's chin.

14
Achewood / Re: April 2nd, 2007: The Grenchmen / "Look. Fuck off."
« on: April 02, 2007, 09:18:02 am »
Something wacky (and/or really disturbing) need to happen fast.

Well, we never did see whether or not Ray is actually up to the challenge ... He implied he was going to try, but the next thing we knew he was just chillin'.

15
Wild Card / Re: Arrested for Pot, with a webcomics twist
« on: April 01, 2007, 05:12:56 am »
I love to get fucked up.

I never do, but I fantasize about it a lot. It seems like an interesting concept.

Pages: [1] 2 3