Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2007-04-30 Who is the Cat with the Bone in His Hat...  (Read 10751 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 2007-04-30 Who is the Cat with the Bone in His Hat...
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2007, 07:37:02 pm »

LAST OT THING: I wonder if anyone has come out with cake toppers appropriate for this kind of thing? Having a girl figure in a pant suit to put on top would be a seller, for example. I know we didn't find any in our attempts.

Aparently there are lots of them.  The one I don't get it the one with three people "Couple # ss802-1" which appears to be a guy, a women in a suit and a teenage girl.  I don't know a lot about Mormons, and for some reason that is the only explaination I can come up with.


Edit:  Wait, I was just looking at it again, and I noticed the teen bride in the threesome is sitting on what appears to be a decorative wheelchair.  What is going on there?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 07:40:17 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 2007-04-30 Who is the Cat with the Bone in His Hat...
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2007, 01:42:59 am »

Thanks for the answer but it doesn't help to know that I missed one. Looks like I'll be obsessively checking now.

Dangity.

It's the Biscuit Bazooka episode which was on today at 11. And won't be on again for at least 2 weeks.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 2007-04-30 Who is the Cat with the Bone in His Hat...
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2007, 02:11:54 am »

I just want to point out that if the scenario involves three people it is no longer a couple.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 2007-04-30 Who is the Cat with the Bone in His Hat...
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2007, 03:51:32 am »

Well the cake people call them a couple, so maybe here is the explanation:  The teen bride is dead from the waist down from an accident caused by the man, therefore she is half a person.*  The man was emasculated when his now paralyzed fiance took on a butch gay lover, but too much of a loser to do the noble thing and leave her - hence he is half the man he used to be.  So the two of them combined only total up to be one person, hence three bodies make one couple.

*  To clarify:  I do not think this, I'm saying the cake people think this.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 03:57:19 am by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 2007-04-30 Who is the Cat with the Bone in His Hat...
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2007, 09:56:27 am »

Maybe the one in the black suit in the wheelchair one is giving her away?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 2007-04-30 Who is the Cat with the Bone in His Hat...
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2007, 01:03:42 pm »

Maybe the one in the black suit in the wheelchair one is giving her away?


Like, selling her on the open market?  To the highest bidder?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 2007-04-30 Who is the Cat with the Bone in His Hat...
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2007, 07:19:40 pm »

See, I just assumed that it was a custom-made cake topper for a wedding/commitment ceremony/handfasting/something for a polyamorous triad consisting of a man, a woman who preferred #####uits, and a woman in a wheelchair. That seems a bit strange, but not all that actively sinister or unlikely.
Logged

Dullscythe

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 22
  • :(
    • View Profile
Re: 2007-04-30 Who is the Cat with the Bone in His Hat...
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2007, 11:36:16 am »

Of course, I haven't worn glasses in a non-hung-over state since I was fourteen, so it's kind of moot now, but if they brought back the Truman glasses I might just buy a pair anyway, just to make a statement.  Those things were bitchin'.

I'd recently found these for a friend. Perhaps it is the statement you were also seeking. http://www.eyeglasses.com/product/1115221498-1115221498

I do not have any special opinions regarding cake toppers.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 2007-04-30 Who is the Cat with the Bone in His Hat...
« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2007, 11:40:54 am »

V-- it took me a really long time to figure out what #####uits were.
Mostly because for some reason I was pronouncing "uits" as in "Inuits," not as in "suits". So I was thinking "*****-uit?" "#####-uit?" What?

And then I typed them out and realized... OH!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 2007-04-30 Who is the Cat with the Bone in His Hat...
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2007, 08:43:40 pm »

V-- it took me a really long time to figure out what ******uits were.
Mostly because for some reason I was pronouncing "uits" as in "Inuits," not as in "suits". So I was thinking "#####-uit?" "******-uit?" What?

And then I typed them out and realized... OH!

The #####uits were one of the most fierce of the native tribes of the North, frequently coming into territorial conflict with the Tling*****.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up