Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 2007-04-30 Who is the Cat with the Bone in His Hat...  (Read 10717 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 2007-04-30 Who is the Cat with the Bone in His Hat...
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2007, 05:28:11 pm »

What about that asian guy? He popped up on my gaydar from the first time i saw him.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 2007-04-30 Who is the Cat with the Bone in His Hat...
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2007, 08:38:05 pm »

Yeah a Mythbusters where they prove they're not gay would be so awesome - they'd be all standing in a bulletproof box, firing dildos at a ballistics-gel ass.  "Nothing?"  "Nothing."  "Okay, well, I call this Myth busted!"

Heh, you get a tiny can, cuz I just nearly shot diet Dr. Pepper out my nose. That's awesome.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 12:56:27 am by side_show »
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 2007-04-30 Who is the Cat with the Bone in His Hat...
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2007, 09:29:01 pm »

ok. this "bodysuit with visible thong." Was it visible literally, or was it visible through the bodysuit because of Tight?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 2007-04-30 Who is the Cat with the Bone in His Hat...
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2007, 09:51:23 pm »

Judge for yourself

Not particularly naughty, but some people's standards are pretty stringent...


Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 2007-04-30 Who is the Cat with the Bone in His Hat...
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2007, 10:10:49 pm »

oh, geez. tame.

I googled her, and that picture came up, and I figured it was a fake nude image. I was confused, as it didn't even show her head.

Man. Let's be honest... the thong is a brilliant invention. Sorry, true.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 2007-04-30 Who is the Cat with the Bone in His Hat...
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2007, 11:05:08 pm »

oh, geez. tame.

I googled her, and that picture came up, and I figured it was a fake nude image. I was confused, as it didn't even show her head.

Man. Let's be honest... the thong is a brilliant invention. Sorry, true.

You see her head in the episode. Later she takes that photo and gives it a huge cottage cheese butt.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 2007-04-30 Who is the Cat with the Bone in His Hat...
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2007, 11:36:13 pm »

This conversation bothers me in that I don't remember the episode itself and I'm pretty sure the draw is "What, I missed one!?! INCOMPLETION! AAARGH!" not "Oh Noes, no bodysuit butt shots for me".

Damn, I think I just experienced the Collectors Gay.

It was the fat woman stuck to the airline toilet story. It was a pretty early episode and apparently Kari had basically been coming to the shop and pestering Jamie for a job. I believe this was part of her hazing. Or perhaps her interview.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 2007-04-30 Who is the Cat with the Bone in His Hat...
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2007, 01:03:30 am »

"Oh Noes..."

Ash, where does this come from?  The SO started saying "Oh Noes!" about a month ago, I asked him why, he said he just made it up, but I was sure I'd heard it somewhere before, and now this...

As for Kari, they really treat her like one of the guys, and I sort of thought she might be a lesbian.  She's hot in that way.  The way that makes a girl wonder.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 2007-04-30 Who is the Cat with the Bone in His Hat...
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2007, 01:23:49 am »

Ash, where does this come from?  The SO started saying "Oh Noes!" about a month ago, I asked him why, he said he just made it up, but I was sure I'd heard it somewhere before, and now this...

I don't know where it started, but it's been around long enough that it was the title of Q's page back when he was still posting.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: 2007-04-30 Who is the Cat with the Bone in His Hat...
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2007, 02:47:11 am »

Kari.

I love my wife and all, but...
Logged

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: 2007-04-30 Who is the Cat with the Bone in His Hat...
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2007, 06:26:56 am »

I really want some glasses like the ones Nightlife has. or... maybe not.

this guy on my floor has these frames that scream "old school German man" that I really dig. They're similar to those black plastic frames that a lot of people have that I have wanted since I was a little kid and they were still lame, except they're... kind of taller? They are vertically bigger.

kind of like these but less rounded.

When I was a toddler I remember my dad owning a pair of glasses like that.  They were made of fake tortoiseshell.

Personally, I can't stand how angular glasses frames have become.  Black plastic rims being back in style is alright, but what I'd really like to see would be that style, only with perfectly circular lenses, like Harry Truman's glasses.  I had a pair similar to that (with metal frames, alas) when I was a kid, but eventually I outgrew them and my mom made me stop wearing them because they were cutting off blood circulation to my brain.  By that time, of course, the powers that be had decided that round lenses were "out," and the best I could find anywhere were a pair in that oblong egg-shape that I think is exclusive to glasses frames.  I have borne a grudge against the glasses industry ever since.  Just say no to corporate eyewear, people!

Of course, I haven't worn glasses in a non-hung-over state since I was fourteen, so it's kind of moot now, but if they brought back the Truman glasses I might just buy a pair anyway, just to make a statement.  Those things were bitchin'.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: 2007-04-30 Who is the Cat with the Bone in His Hat...
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2007, 01:59:34 pm »

Ash, where does this come from?  The SO started saying "Oh Noes!" about a month ago, I asked him why, he said he just made it up, but I was sure I'd heard it somewhere before, and now this...

Does he also claim to have invented "I'm in ur internets, stealing ur bandwidths?"
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 2007-04-30 Who is the Cat with the Bone in His Hat...
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2007, 03:49:19 pm »

As for Kari, they really treat her like one of the guys, and I sort of thought she might be a lesbian.  She's hot in that way.  The way that makes a girl wonder.

I'm pretty sure I saw something in the paper last year about her getting married.  One could protest about "beards" and all, but this is the SFO Bay Area - if she wanted to be a harem owning diesel dyke, no one would think it improper.

Although it would be pretty hot.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 2007-04-30 Who is the Cat with the Bone in His Hat...
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2007, 04:57:34 pm »

Quote from: Asherdan
but I had to beat the single dudes back with a stick.

WELL worded, Misterdan. WELL worded.

Good choice of "back" instead of "off".
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 2007-04-30 Who is the Cat with the Bone in His Hat...
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2007, 07:19:11 pm »

Re: Oh Noes...

I had a girl friend in 1988 who worked in daycare when uni was out and she picked it up from the little kids. Her common habit to a thing that someone was maybe overacting to was to press both hands to her cheeks and say, in imitation of a childs voice, 'Oh Noes. Why did [blank] have to happen?'. That phrase has been used all over the interwebs for as long as I know of, and everytime I read it I hear it in her voice.

The memory associated with the phrase is nice but a little bitter-sad for me. I'm sure there's a good sturdy german word for that feeling.

Actually, to drag this thread a little more off-topic, I know there to be a good Japanese word for this feeling: natsukashii, an adjective referring to something that creates feelings of nostalgia, in a wistful, sad sort of way. It can be used for things that are happy, but typically there's this undertone of "ah, those were the good old days, and we are less for lacking that now."
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up