Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Would The Pet Shop Boys be nice to have over for Thanksgiving, or would they be a pain in the ass? It's really hard to tell.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Kingdom of Loathing  (Read 21952 times)

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2006, 12:33:17 am »

I laughed, I cried, and I learned a little bit more about myself.


Thank you for having enriched us all.

As someone who has been gone for basically the whole time you have been here, I think we've had sort of a moment here. I don't want to cheapen it, but I have a special feeling deep inside now. We are internet friends.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2006, 06:10:59 am »

Okay, I just figured out what to do: make a new multi! Vlad the R[/i]obot, level 3 Disco Bandit, has just applied to Clan TOUAMB. My goal for Vlad will be to make him a cook/craft/buff-machine, so as to help the remainder of Clan TOUAMB. He will make you Pink Ponies until you are so drunk, the drunkest you are ever being.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2006, 06:38:51 pm »

As someone who has been gone for basically the whole time you have been here, I think we've had sort of a moment here. I don't want to cheapen it, but I have a special feeling deep inside now. We are internet friends.

yay, nabubrush is back!


also, sorry about clan smuckles.  arkabee got set aside as a multi, i didn't notice for, like, months?, when v left the clan,
so i gave it to AW figuring he'd be the responsible one.  my bad.

also, also, V as a teet, why are you not going MYS sign, opposum, and getting Bat Britches?

also, also, also if ya'll need me ingame /msg 568742 , as i'm only on arkabee if i need to check something,
like spooky forest changes, etc.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2006, 07:18:41 pm »

also, also, V as a teet, why are you not going MYS sign, opposum, and getting Bat Britches?

I'm not sure which situation in specific you're referring to, but generally I am these days. My standard teet rundown these days is Opossum, then getting the Britches, the Top Hat and Cape (unless I'm Muscular, in which case I usually just don't bother and go Monacle/Crown), and the Rib (if Mystical) or the Necklace (if not). God bless you, Mind Control Device!
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2006, 07:29:51 pm »


also, sorry about clan smuckles.  arkabee got set aside as a multi, i didn't notice for, like, months?, when v left the clan,
so i gave it to AW figuring he'd be the responsible one.  my bad.


Oh, so it's my fault, eh?  I see how you're going to be...

Also, how the hell are you these days Ark?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2006, 08:30:15 pm »

hey dere AW.  i'm slowly going sane, maybe. i have mentioned in multiple posts for paragraphs and paragraphs that i quit smoking last week?  because i did, even if i haven't.  the gum, it just makes me want a cigaretter more.  in fact, right now, i smell smoke.  i'm not sure if someone is smoking in the office building and the smoke is getting into my office where i can smell it (and that is possible), or if i'm having some type of hallucination wherein i smell cigarette smoke.  a little while ago i locked the office doors to make it that much less easy for me to go outside and walk to the smoke store a block away.  the funny thing is, i have a package of cigarillo/itty cigar things on my desk, and i have no desire for them.  and, if someone came in and offered me anything other than a camel, i don't think i'd even think about wanting them.  i want a camel so bad i think i'd fellate joe camel for one.  it's not just the nicotine, i'm getting more nicotine in my system with the gum than i ever did with cig's.  it's not just the feel of smoke, that pleasant burning of the lungs, because i don't want that from anything other than a camel.  i shudder at the thought of how well those heartless motherfuckers calculated the level of additives to distinguish their specific products from other products that give cancer to such a point that i would arrive at the point where i'd rather suffer withdrawal than have a competing brand's product.

or, it's solely in my head in which case what the fuck.

and AW, i blame you not, hence "my bad".  i honestly didn't realize that clan smuckles had any utility, else i wouldn't have "abandoned" it.  are you still playing at all?


v, i was catching up on the thread and you mentioned the armery/leggery and buying lower extremity coverings.
and, now, what do you do with the dagon staff?

Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2006, 08:42:57 pm »

Nope, I haven't been playing.  Got kind of bored with it. 
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2006, 08:52:26 pm »

i shudder at the thought of how well those heartless motherfuckers calculated the level of additives to distinguish their specific products from other products that give cancer to such a point that i would arrive at the point where i'd rather suffer withdrawal than have a competing brand's product.

or, it's solely in my head in which case what the fuck.

Not wanting any of the competing brands could work in your favor vis a vie quitting smoking. Good on you, too, by the way, I still occasionally wish I had a cigarette but I'm glad I quit about 8 years ago. That's one of the hardest things there is to do. I didn't use gum or anything, I just finally smoked my last cigarette and walked away. Watching someone die did it for me.\

Stay strong!
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2006, 09:30:42 pm »

I didn't use gum or anything, I just finally smoked my last cigarette and walked away. Watching someone die did it for me.

it finally dawned on me some day last week that the only way to really quit something, is to want to quit doing it.

so, i'm left with, rather than quitting, simply not doing something that i want to do.  which, when i read it as i typed
it, seems incredibly simple and pretty damn silly to have to even say. 

i don't know what's going on with the smoking = death thing.  i don't think i want to touch that right now,
other than to say it is never good to lose someone.


so, kingdom of loathing is wicked fun, eh?  i like the way the game get's more complicated the more i play.

Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2006, 09:37:34 pm »

so, kingdom of loathing is wicked fun, eh?  i like the way the game get's more complicated the more i play.

There is a surprisingly sophisticated game going on under all the wackiness. You can just doof around and stuff if you want, but for somebody inclined to work out strategies and such it can pay off well. (Recently the first single-day ascensions were achieved in such a manner.)
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2006, 10:00:30 pm »

There is a surprisingly sophisticated game going on under all the wackiness. You can just doof around and stuff if you want, but for somebody inclined to work out strategies and such it can pay off well. (Recently the first single-day ascensions were achieved in such a manner.)

i see you all the time on the forums, and i mean to wave, but gameplay is so horrid.
you should bring back the nethack avatar.  is the squid buddies meme sarcastic or sincere?

i'm currently debating whether i should try for consistent 6 day teets working towards 5s,
or switch to oxy before the NS gets bumped to 13.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2006, 10:32:43 pm »

i see you all the time on the forums, and i mean to wave, but gameplay is so horrid.
you should bring back the nethack avatar.  is the squid buddies meme sarcastic or sincere?

The Squid Buddies thing is basically sincere. I think the squid is one of the best familiars, and I think it's a little sad that if you want to ascend quickly non-stat familiars will be spending all their time in the terrarium. I have 42 familiars and I only ever use four per run: Cheshire Bat for most of the run, Inflatable Dodecapede for the Sorceress, an item-drop familiar for the Hole In The Sky, and a combat familiar for the other bosses. I try to mix up which item and combat familiars I use (this time it's the Frozen Gravy Fairy and the Emo Squid) but I can't remember the last time my Spooky Pirate Skeleton saw the light of day. Some of them have never been taken adventuring, and that's too bad. At least this way my squid knows he is loved. I also collect Rubber Emo Roe.

Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2006, 10:43:08 pm »

Jeezus.. I just use the cocoabos... clearly I'm doing something wrong.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2006, 10:57:53 pm »

Jeezus.. I just use the cocoabos... clearly I'm doing something wrong.

The Cocoabo is a fine familiar. The problem is that the limiting factor on the speed of a run, for the most part, is stats, and the stat-gaining familiars (Blood-Faced Volleyball, Hovering Sombrero, Cheshire Bat, Cymbal-Playing Monkey, Jill-O-Lantern; to a lesser degree, Pygmy Bugbear Shaman and Wild Hare) are among the very few ways of improving how quickly your stats grow. The advantages that other familiars give (easier fights, healing, etc.) can usually be made unnecessary by accumulating sufficient skills from multiple ascensions, but only two skills increase your rate of stat gain, and not by nearly enough to make a stat familiar redundant.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2006, 12:13:10 am »

The Cocoabo is a fine familiar. The problem is that the limiting factor on the speed of a run, for the most part, is stats, and the stat-gaining familiars (Blood-Faced Volleyball, Hovering Sombrero, Cheshire Bat, Cymbal-Playing Monkey, Jill-O-Lantern; to a lesser degree, Pygmy Bugbear Shaman and Wild Hare) are among the very few ways of improving how quickly your stats grow. The advantages that other familiars give (easier fights, healing, etc.) can usually be made unnecessary by accumulating sufficient skills from multiple ascensions, but only two skills increase your rate of stat gain, and not by nearly enough to make a stat familiar redundant.

This is quite likely why I've had more success with the cocoabo then as my most successful char is only at the tail end of it's 2nd ascension run. 
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up