Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: The Baby Thread  (Read 20769 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
The Baby Thread
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2004, 05:31:10 pm »

My daughter is forbidden to date until she's 21.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
The Baby Thread
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2004, 05:48:59 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Sure, he's got a wang, but is he well-endowed (for a toddler)?


Coming soon to Cable Public Access Television:

P R I O R I T I E S
...with Jough Dempsey
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
The Baby Thread
« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2004, 05:58:20 pm »

Speaking as someone who was a teenager not all that long ago (strangely enough) -- YMMV, but in my group there always seemed to be a direct relationship between strictness of dating-related regulations and devotion to subverting those regulations. The friend of mine who was forbidden to date (or even be at a boy's house unsupervised) until age 16 went quite frankly nuts from 14 on, doing things one dares not contemplate, whereas I (with the parental guidance "be careful and let us know where you're going to be" and "so, who is this boy you like?") came out of things basically functional and not parent-shocking.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
The Baby Thread
« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2004, 06:17:40 pm »

Yeah, what V said.
Having been raised by hippie parents, in high school I just had to put up with a lot of "So, you've been spending a lot of time with [boy].  If you two should decide to become... intimate, I'd be glad to pick up a box of condoms for you."
"Uh, no thanks, father, that is OK."  
"Well, do you want to go on the pill, then?  I can make an appointment for you."
"Really, it's fine."
But it's totally better than forcing your kids to lie to you, I would say.
Logged
goose means greedy

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
The Baby Thread
« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2004, 03:04:33 pm »

I, too, can report a fairly positive hippie-parent experience.  Oddly, regardless of the fact that my parents were pretty heavy partiers through my entire life with them, I did not start indulging in recreational drugs until I was 21.

My dad was kind of heavy on the "no spending time with boys unsupervised" tip for a while, but I was kind of a late bloomer in that regard anyway; being around boys alone made me nervous, so I had my dad's rules as an excuse for why I couldn't take a ride in Wayne's new car, instead of seeming like a freak.  By the way, with the preceeding, I win the run-on sentence contest for all time.

I think our kids might be miffed because my husband and I will give them nothing to rebel against.  My husband is convinced that our children will become Mormons, or maybe even Amish, just to spite us.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
The Baby Thread
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2004, 06:27:03 pm »

Quote from: "Va"
My dad was kind of heavy on the "no spending time with boys unsupervised" tip for a while, but I was kind of a late bloomer in that regard anyway; being around boys alone made me nervous, so I had my dad's rules as an excuse for why I couldn't take a ride in Wayne's new car, instead of seeming like a freak.  By the way, with the preceeding, I win the run-on sentence contest for all time.


Oh, no you don't. Your splendid punctuation prevented that sentence from achieving run-on status. However, it could be made into a run-on with a single change - three geek points to the one spots it first!
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
The Baby Thread
« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2004, 06:36:28 pm »

semi-colon?
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
The Baby Thread
« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2004, 06:38:36 pm »

DING DING DING

All assertions may now be laid to rest; the three geek points have been awarded.

CJ, you may wish to relieve yourself of some of your geek points. If geek points were many, you'd be Monty Burns.

(I don't mean that in a bad way)
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
The Baby Thread
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2004, 06:43:21 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
DING DING DING

All assertions may now be laid to rest; the three geek points have been awarded.

CJ, you may wish to relieve yourself of some of your geek points. If geek points were many, you'd be Monty Burns.

(I don't mean that in a bad way)

If you could see the white-boy cabbage patch I'm doing right now you'd realize that Monty Burns doesn't begin to describe my geek/dork points combined. It's like Scrooge McDuck married into the Gates family. I'm swimming in points over here. And yes, my first geek point is in a little glass jar.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
The Baby Thread
« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2004, 07:51:18 pm »

Quote from: "Va"
...take a ride in Wayne's new car...


This is my new euphemism for sex, just knocking out "dining in your private restaurant."

My entire familial sex-ed went like this:

SETTING: In the car, when I was in 5th Grade

THE PLAYERS: Myself, my very stoic, Catholic father

DAD: Soooooo, Mark....you know about........it, don't you?
MARK: ....What?
DAD: (actually speaking softer here, embarrassed about saying the word; keep in mind this is a man who looks at assholes for a living) You know....sex.
MARK: Oh, ummm, yeah.
DAD: (visibly relieved) Oh, thank God.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
The Baby Thread
« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2004, 10:59:33 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"

familial sex-ed


My mom said to me, after I said I was going camping with my girlfriend at the time 'well, you know, talk to your brother if you need to know about any of that stuff...'
Far less painful than it could have been, but then my parents have always been pretty much painless. They were very cool about everything, but it certainly wasn't their fault I made a mess of my life for 5 or 6 years.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
The Baby Thread
« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2004, 01:12:27 am »

My parents never said one word to me about sex.  Not one word.  

Actually, I'm kind of glad.  My dad was a teacher at the high school; perhaps he knew and trusted my 10th-grade health teacher (who was a drunk, dirty old man) to set us straight.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
The Baby Thread
« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2004, 03:50:07 pm »

None of this embarrassed half-auidble crazy crap for my kids.  "Boy, that thing there's a c*ck.  Right now, it stands up for no reason at all, but when you're older, it'll stand to request permission to make babies.  Let's go to the video tape."

My parents were always a little too late with advice and information of this nature.  I knew I wanted to have sex before I knew what it was or that it was against our religious beliefs to do it with someone I wasn't married to.  I was real interested real young, you understand.  And it only came up because some guy on the radio said you could get AIDS from having sex.  I thought that was nuts.  I said, "Mom, I'm not going to get sick and die just because I have sex with a girl, am I?"  I think that surprised her.  I couldn't have been more than six.
Logged

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
The Baby Thread
« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2004, 07:46:44 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Speaking as someone who was a teenager not all that long ago (strangely enough) -- YMMV, but in my group there always seemed to be a direct relationship between strictness of dating-related regulations and devotion to subverting those regulations. The friend of mine who was forbidden to date (or even be at a boy's house unsupervised) until age 16 went quite frankly nuts from 14 on, doing things one dares not contemplate, whereas I (with the parental guidance "be careful and let us know where you're going to be" and "so, who is this boy you like?") came out of things basically functional and not parent-shocking.


that whole forbidden to do this or that obviously backfires. the coolest, hard-drinkin'est, horniest GF i ever had was ex-mormon.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
The Baby Thread
« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2004, 10:01:53 pm »

I haven't seen this discussed in any of the blog-related threads, so I'll post it here: is Onstad going to be a father soon?

Quote from: "Onstad"
4. The baby gender sonogram was coming up.

...

Oh well, at least my kid's safe from George Bush for the next few months. Unless they figure out a way to put tiny Jack Chick tracts into the amniotic sac.


If no one's said so yet, congratulations Chris!
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up