Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Alright, America. I'm playing the underpants and pants game. If just for one more day.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Snacking.  (Read 8231 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Snacking.
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2005, 08:34:18 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
I used to be a fuck*ng aphid when it came to those things.


Thank you, this made my day.

But man, you people eat some scary stuff.  I mostly eat chocolate, pretzels, and plain salted popcorn (no butter).  I won't eat any candy bar that hadn't been invented yet when I was eight years old.  Seriously - someone gave me some newfangled candy bar the other day that had caramel, peanut butter, chocolate, and pretzels in it.  It's no wonder people think the younger generation is going to hell.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Snacking.
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2005, 08:40:24 pm »

These are good as hell.

Also these


The Musubi link is also my new employer, HMSA (until I can get another Federal job, anyhow)..

This is a standard dish here. I've tried it many times but after gaining 30 pounds in six months I've sworn off it forever. My favorite variation is fried rice (with spam, sausage, etc.) Meatloaf, grilled onions, gravy, and two eggs.

This shit will kill you.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Snacking.
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2005, 08:41:43 pm »

I've had a couple Hawaiin friends, and I love the snacks they've shared.  It's always weird, but usually tasty.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Snacking.
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2005, 08:48:19 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
These are good as hell.

Also these


The Musubi link is also my new employer, HMSA (until I can get another Federal job, anyhow)..

This is a standard dish here. I've tried it many times but after gaining 30 pounds in six months I've sworn off it forever. My favorite variation is fried rice (with spam, sausage, etc.) Meatloaf, grilled onions, gravy, and two eggs.

This shit will kill you.

I just assumed that first link would be to some flavor of Pocky when I saw the URL. I've never actually tried Pocky but they look good.

I've never eaten Spam or scrapple and I don't think I can ever bring myself to try either.
Logged

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Snacking.
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2005, 08:50:57 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"

This is a standard dish here. I've tried it many times but after gaining 30 pounds in six months I've sworn off it forever. My favorite variation is fried rice (with spam, sausage, etc.) Meatloaf, grilled onions, gravy, and two eggs.


You know, I didn't think it was possible that something could exist that would make me want to visit Hawaii even more.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Snacking.
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2005, 08:57:03 pm »

I loves me some Chex Mix.  Bagged kind good, homemade kind better.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Snacking.
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2005, 08:57:47 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
These are good as hell.

Also these

This is a standard dish here.


Holy moley that all looks so good

I haven't had a good prawn cracker since I lived in Australia, though - they were this big, broad things that could just melt in your mouth.

The quotes on the Loco Moco page are terrific, by the way. I am going to have to try that recipe, probably on a Fuck You Friday with a big stack of old comic books at my side.

T CORTJSTR spam is actually pretty tasty if you like draw over the nutrition facts with a black sharpie
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Snacking.
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2005, 09:09:10 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"


The quotes on the Loco Moco page are terrific, by the way.


So much so that they must be posted here:

Hawaiians don't eat until they're full,
they eat until they're tired.
Hawaiian saying

For every new food you try, you add
seventy-two days to your life.
Japanese saying

These are clearly my people.  I knew the Japanese were but I didn't know it about the Hawaiians.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Snacking.
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2005, 09:20:05 pm »

I'm being a lazy bum when I get back from work at the moment, so snacking would tend to be Kettle Chips or duck spring rolls.
Oh how I long to have time again.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Snacking.
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2005, 10:01:34 pm »

gardetto's
cool ranch doritoes, recently subverted by an odd predilection for sour cream and onion lays.
those garlic flavored pretzel bites that walmart carries but is not a walmart brand
oatmeal creme pies
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Snacking.
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2005, 10:02:54 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
For every new food you try, you add
seventy-two days to your life.
Japanese saying

It's the 72 that makes this great. It's a delightfully arbitrary number.

Also, Lightly Salted Dirty Chips. That's a Crunchy Freakin' Chip!™
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Snacking.
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2005, 10:07:40 pm »

Little Debbies.  Especially Fudge Rounds, Oatmeal Cream Cakes and Star Crunch.

Pickles.  Dill Pickles.

Salt and Vinegar flavored potato chips.

Peanuts in almost any style.  I really like raw unsalted peanuts for some reason.  Hope that doesn't make me too Pat-like.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Snacking.
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2005, 10:09:41 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
It's the 72 that makes this great. It's a delightfully arbitrary number.


I like that it's a relatively big reward for something so effortless - that's over two months. You can pack a lot of living into the time awarded for, say, giving in and trying a Scotch egg.

Also: oatmeal cream pies (mentioned by RKB and AW) would be pretty much a perfect snack if they were more filling. On the flavor level, they strut around all cocky because they're hard to beat and they know it, but damned if I couldn't eat one the size of a large pizza and still be hungry five minutes later.

A co-worker mentioned Lik-M-Ade, a Slim Jim, and a pickle as her childhood trifecta of baseball-watchin' snacks. That is the first time outside of a dare I have seen those three things in tandem.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Snacking.
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2005, 11:31:47 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
It's the 72 that makes this great. It's a delightfully arbitrary number.

I like that it's a relatively big reward for something so effortless - that's over two months. You can pack a lot of living into the time awarded for, say, giving in and trying a Scotch egg.

But what qualifies as different? What if I try a purple bell pepper? I've had lots of green, yellow, &c ones but never purple. And what about the first time I tried grilled pineapple?

We need some clarification here.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Snacking.
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2005, 01:08:12 am »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
You can pack a lot of living into the time awarded for, say, giving in and trying a Scotch egg.


I am pretty sure that the Scotch egg takes away in alarming deep-fried-ness more lifespan than it awards in innovation. That said, I still want to try one.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up