Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That you can post photos to the TOUAMB Flickr Pool?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.  (Read 13628 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2005, 05:25:46 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
"Female Partition Jesus" makes up for Onstad's timely riffing on That Tom Cruise; He Is Zany.  I think.

"Makes up for," nothing.  "Celebrity mousse" is gold.

Going on snow isn't something anyone who lives in the SF Bay Area would want to pay extra for, unless that person spent a lot of time going to Tahoe for skiing purposes, or had relatives in snow country.  This place just never goes below 40 F.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2005, 05:36:45 pm »

Y'know, my most recent car was not particularly adept on snow, and I was like, "Meh.  How much driving do I do in snow?"

And then the winter came, and any time we got a half an inch of snow, I'd be sitting at home, because I didn't want to die in my winter deathtrap.

Even if there's no/very little snow where you're at, think about the places you won't be able to go!  Except Paul, I don't think I'd drive any 12 hours from Texas to go somewhere snowy.  Dawg, you're off the hook, too.  But Californians can't be restricted to the coast because their cars have no winter abilities!

I'm done now.  Ability to go on snow should definitely be considered, basically irrespective of where you live.

Also, I'm having difficulty deciding about CP - just when I thought he was pretty OK, what with the initiation and his excellent private plane, it's revealed that he thinks Budweiser is the pinnacle of beers.  Now, being from St. Louis, I have to defend him somewhat, but as a person who enjoys beer, I can hardly stand to see this sort of opinion go unchallenged.  The fact that he didn't seem to notice Teodor's substitution means that maybe all is lost on him.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

V-Adore

  • Guest
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2005, 05:55:50 pm »

Yeah, what acoxcae said -- unless you never plan on driving that car out of South Texas, you might want to consider some snow capacity at all. I may just be jaded about this because of how many people I knew in Nebraska who were totally housebound when there was any snow on the roads at all. ('Dawg gets a pass due to never facing the prospect of a road trip.)

The CP thing confuses me because he seemed like, well, the kind of guy who would enjoy the finer things in life (thus his hanging around with Teodor and Ray instead of Lyle and Todd). How much of a sham is this dude?
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2005, 06:28:09 pm »

"Can go on Snow" translates, though - I do use fourwheel drive here occasionally. There are some beaches on the northwest end of the island you can drive right onto, and driving on sand can be tough too - also, I like that i can park on piles of rubble, or drive over huge tree roots and other things you find at the places where I paddle, and these kind of things are related to "can go on Snow"....

Being from NE Ohio, and Chicago, though, I can tell you that "Can go on Snow" is much more a reflection of the skill of the driver than the vehicle. I loved driving my Ford Escort past spun-out trucks and SUVs in the medians of I-80 and I-71. A beautiful thing.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2005, 06:44:24 pm »

We're talking about traction.  Yes, you need traction.  That is a given.  I agree with AD though, that the skill of the driver is the most important factor that determines "can go on snow."  I was simply making light of the fact that I live in a region that rarely gets snowed upon.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2005, 06:59:19 pm »

If it ever happened, though, (Snow on Houston) it would sure #$%^ everyone up and close down the town for a week or so.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2005, 07:06:43 pm »

We actually had the biggest snow storm of my lifetime last Christmas eve.  We survived.

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2005, 01:12:26 am »

these blogs continue to be the best thing to have ever happened to webcomics
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2005, 09:27:41 pm »

Quote from: "ray, according to teodor, "
You’re not fat, dude! But your body has reached a certain...believability.

I'm going to start saying this to any chunky guys I know from now on.  I wonder for what reason Ray was high, if not because of the 4:20 thing.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2005, 03:27:44 pm »

Christ on a stick but Teodor's new blog is great.
"Thanks. Alright, see you around."

 :D
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2005, 05:38:02 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
Lyle's post today gave me a laugh.

As a child a favorite 'take off' expression was to tell someone to "go pee up a rope". Except being young and all it came out often as "go pee a' rope".

Lyle can pee a rope.


Lyle needs to start drinking booze thats a little less embalmy.
Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2005, 06:12:41 pm »

I'll never be able to think of a funnel cake without also thinking of Lyle's urine.  THANK YOU THIS IS WHAT I WANTED FOREVER
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2005, 03:07:31 pm »

Instead of "more water," Lyle might want to try "less tranny fux."
Logged

c00kie

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
under cabinet toaster
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2005, 09:37:16 am »

Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2005, 01:09:14 pm »

Two comments.  First, Mr. Bear, you are so totally off base.  Tomato season should never end.  Just yesterday I was saddened by the fact that the local homegrown supply has dried up.  It's a very sad thing.  Also, it's a very spoiled life you lead that you feel you have cause to complain when you are being fed gourmet fare daily.

Second comment.  Mr. Onstad, you are an egomaniac.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up