Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Blogtoberfest! (Oct 2005)  (Read 12199 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Blogtoberfest! (Oct 2005)
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2005, 04:26:25 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
I don't buy it.  I sure don't know any vegans who'd be offended by armpit hair.  However, if I have been unwittingly ruining the shopping experience of jerks when I wear sleeveless shirts, so much the better.

As has already been said better, I don't think it generalizes to the entire vegan experience, just to Pat (who is vegan to give him a license to be self-righteous), for whom this absolutely makes sense.

And yes, when are he and Nice Pete just going to kiss already? Geez.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Blogtoberfest! (Oct 2005)
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2005, 03:31:28 am »

Oh no, Phillipe really is going to kill a baby bird!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Blogtoberfest! (Oct 2005)
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2005, 06:13:14 am »

I'd prefer to see him descend into nice pete-like plotting of the mother bird's death.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
Blogtoberfest! (Oct 2005)
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2005, 05:09:23 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "jough"
I usually just skim all of the posts here to make sure no one is misbehaving or calling one of my homegirls a bitch or something, so when I first started reading your post I thought you were writing yourself, Null, and not quoting Pat.

Or is this pitiable Achewood fanfic?  Is there anyone we should call...?


You have homegirls??


Where have you BEEN, Johnny Parallelogram, and how did you miss that week-long, mutual slobber-fest he engaged in with one of said homegirls?
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Blogtoberfest! (Oct 2005)
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2005, 06:28:33 pm »

Quote from: "Emergent_C"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "jough"
I usually just skim all of the posts here to make sure no one is misbehaving or calling one of my homegirls a bitch or something, so when I first started reading your post I thought you were writing yourself, Null, and not quoting Pat.

Or is this pitiable Achewood fanfic?  Is there anyone we should call...?


You have homegirls??


Where have you BEEN, Johnny Parallelogram, and how did you miss that week-long, mutual slobber-fest he engaged in with one of said homegirls?


What? Someone AbnrmlJstr me the link to that.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Blogtoberfest! (Oct 2005)
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2005, 07:14:34 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
I don't buy it.  I sure don't know any vegans who'd be offended by armpit hair.  However, if I have been unwittingly ruining the shopping experience of jerks when I wear sleeveless shirts, so much the better.


Hahaha. I just imagined you shopping, turning to look at someone and just hell of shouting "DEAL WITH MY ARMPITS, ASSHOLE!"

I am also happy that Chris has a beard. Beard-wearers, unite! I'm trying to slowly nurse mine back to health, after the Great Interview Purging of September. Behold the glory that one was.

Note- the patchy little mustache is gone; I've decided that one has to walk (beard) before one can run (mustache).
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Blogtoberfest! (Oct 2005)
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2005, 07:20:08 pm »

The only logical response to that is to drop trou, give 'em the Texas Redeye and shout "deal with my Asshole, Armpits"!

If you're inclined to do such a thing.
Logged

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
Blogtoberfest! (Oct 2005)
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2005, 07:55:33 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
I am also happy that Chris has a beard. Beard-wearers, unite! I'm trying to slowly nurse mine back to health, after the Great Interview Purging of September. Behold the glory that one was.

Note- the patchy little mustache is gone; I've decided that one has to walk (beard) before one can run (mustache).


Erm, but Chris said he didn't have a beard.  He noted that his beard belief was thus only "theoretical."

Sorry.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Blogtoberfest! (Oct 2005)
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2005, 10:57:26 pm »

In the hopes of landing employment I too, a week ago, have shaven and shorn. Long hair is gone along with mustache and goatee. I feel naked but I look, like, 10 years younger.
Logged

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
Blogtoberfest! (Oct 2005)
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2005, 01:43:47 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "Emergent_C"
Where have you BEEN, Johnny Parallelogram, and how did you miss that week-long, mutual slobber-fest he engaged in with one of said homegirls?


What? Someone AbnrmlJstr me the link to that.


Guh. Apparently I am woefully inadequate at finding things to which I refer, but the lengthy saga finds its denouement here.
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Blogtoberfest! (Oct 2005)
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2005, 10:36:35 pm »

Quote from: "Doc"
I'd prefer to see him descend into nice pete-like plotting of the mother bird's death.


Yes, me too, but in the end this kills the baby bird too.  Noooo!  

Also, I killed an entire nest full of baby robins when I was little.  I never told anyone.   My whole family had been enchanted by the nest full of little robins, then everyone just wondered where the nest went.  I still feel guilty about that upside down nest, their fleshy heads and blind looking eyes.  Sigh.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Blogtoberfest! (Oct 2005)
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2005, 12:23:44 am »

Jesus. I just read a Philip K. Dick story about a man who, as a boy, helped his cat kill a bird. It's amazingly fucked, and is called "I Hope I Shall Arrive Soon." It's available in this volume, which I picked up on a whim. It is filled with amazingly kickass pieces. I suggest you purchase it POST HASTE.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Blogtoberfest! (Oct 2005)
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2005, 12:50:20 am »

I had a beard last week.  I was on vacation and I didn't shave the whole time.

~Paul

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Blogtoberfest! (Oct 2005)
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2005, 12:51:42 am »

Dang Paul, you look like Nice Pete's crazier brother in that picture.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Blogtoberfest! (Oct 2005)
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2005, 01:19:59 am »

It's new Deserted Island Paul. With life-like Cannibal Action
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up