Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this really Onstad?  (Read 24294 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2003, 03:34:50 am »

Quote from: "beverly"
http://rawdataserver.com/Tony/pics/Chris.jpg
http://rawdataserver.com/Tony/pics/ChrisSit.jpg
http://rawdataserver.com/Tony/pics/FLAPR.jpg
http://rawdataserver.com/Tony/pics/chriseugenePOSE.jpg
http://rawdataserver.com/Tony/pics/christony.jpg
http://rawdataserver.com/Tony/pics/onstadTHISisLIFE.jpg

I think YES.


If it is, then the first pic he looks like the guy in Office Space. I can never remember his name, 'cause it doesn't really matter. But that's what struck me.
Doesn't look like I'd imagine, but then I can't quite imagine what he'd look like. I never manage that.
Whenever people tell me things, like one of my ex's who was getting radiotherapy and asked me when she lost her hair if that's what I'd imagine she'd look like... I was like, I can't picture people, either as they would look like with an alteration, or if I haven't met them and try to picture them.
I'ma stop rambling and go eat.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2003, 05:42:35 am »

Nice place they have in that second picture.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2003, 06:46:00 am »

Yeah, there was a discussion on the old board about those pics.

It is indeed Mr. Onstad when he was in college a few years ago.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2003, 09:47:07 am »

It's sort of like a DJ. You always picture them kind of cool and they are these fat funny looking guys. Not that Onstad is fat in these. He's just a seemingly regular guy. Like everybody.

The one pic looks like he's wearing a chef uniform. Does he cook? He seems to know a lot about food and drink.
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2003, 06:26:55 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
It's sort of like a DJ. You always picture them kind of cool and they are these fat funny looking guys. Not that Onstad is fat in these. He's just a seemingly regular guy. Like everybody.

The one pic looks like he's wearing a chef uniform. Does he cook? He seems to know a lot about food and drink.


I am not fat! If anything I'm completely the opposite... But I don't look all cool or anything.
You can kind of see where hs wit might come from in those pictures, but at the same time, he looks too like a bunch of dumb people I once knew that it kind of makes me expect him not to be funny from the pictures!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2003, 08:11:15 pm »

I'll bet he's a real dork in real life.

In any case, 'stad is funny on the internet.  And since that is the limit of how much you will ever know Mr. 'stad, that's all that really matters, isn't it?

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2003, 09:12:26 pm »

Egad, that is quite how I pictured him.
Logged
goose means greedy

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2003, 10:43:42 pm »

Well, OK, I should amend my statement. The DJs who aren't fat look kind of like Ric Ocasek...all weird-skinny and strung-out-like.

Except for you, slink. From now on I picture you as Dr Johnny Fever from WKRP in Cincinnati.
Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2003, 11:02:03 pm »

Yeah, pretty much exactly how I expected him to look, too. Odd.

And who's sayin' big dorks aren't exciting people to hang out with in real life? Why, just last night I graded my students' algebra tests, and today I bought a new penis and a sweater vest. You don't know from fun!
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2003, 11:43:36 pm »

Thought he'd be blonder.  The Scandinavian name and all.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2003, 01:20:10 am »

I thought he'd have two heads.

That, and be far less dorky.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2003, 02:33:38 pm »

Wow, I can see where he got the idea for hat week.  And to think, he once picked on Pedro for owning a fedora during a private chat!  

I pictured him less handsome, actually.  Sort of a lumbering, gorilla-like, odiferous graphics geek who forgets to bathe regularly.  He's not bad looking, if I have to be the one to say it, although his features are a bit too...delicate...for my taste.  And he looks tall.  Either that, or he just has short friends.  (I'm totally into short guys.)  

As for Slink, I always pictured him as slim and tall, with sandy brown hair, fair skin, and blue eyes.  Although I have a tendancy to base what I think people look like on their avatars.  Not that I think Slink looks like his avatar, whatever the hell that is, or that AlohaDawg is a dancing monkey, but rather that there are categories of people in my head that correspond to categories of avatars.  Goofy avatars, geeky avatars, cutesy avatars, etc.  Beyond that, how I picture people is really sort of inexplicable.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2003, 04:40:48 pm »

So Slink looks more like Andy Travis than Dr Johnny Fever? Or am I the only person who watched WKRP enough to remember them clearly?

...Word to Jan Smithers, wherever she is...
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up