Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The next time you appreciate how nice large titties look, be happy and smile to yourself. You deserve it.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: I really do fear music  (Read 27765 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: I really do fear music
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2006, 01:59:31 am »

I don't have pictures, but I saw them at Coachella in 2004, and they rocked out with their cocks out.  One of the dudes proposed to his girl on stage, which was sweet.  Oh, and 'Anthems' absolutely kills, live.  'Stars and Sons' too.

Coachella? More jealousy! I would totally be all over that if I lived on the West Coast, could get tickets, did not fear the heat and hippies, &c.

I would not kill a man for a Klondike bar, but you better believe I'd waste some bitches for the chance to see Radiohead and look Thom Yorke in his wonky eye.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I really do fear music
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2006, 02:18:09 am »

Gaah. Last.fm has none of this ban-per-hour limit nonsense. I just ban ban ban the day away (extracting immoderate pleasure from blocking those tasteless tunes from Pavement, Weezer etc).

Well, I can ban as many songs as I want - it's just that sometimes I have to keep listening to them till they're over. Which is maybe a fair punishment for how picky and opinionated I am.

Edit:  y-h gets a tiny can of Dr Pepper for having a blog written in Portuguese.  Which I have always suspected was invented by aliens who were trying to imitate a Romance language but got their information over a bad connection.  What a relief to be out of academia and be able to admit that...

« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 02:21:28 am by wombat »
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: I really do fear music
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2006, 02:27:30 am »

Coachella? More jealousy! I would totally be all over that if I lived on the West Coast, could get tickets, did not fear the heat and hippies, &c.

I would not kill a man for a Klondike bar, but you better believe I'd waste some bitches for the chance to see Radiohead and look Thom Yorke in his wonky eye.

It was a lot of fun.  I'm not a big Radiohead fan, but it was fun to see them.  I love the Cure, but they weren't too great.  The Pixies, of course, killed.  Not as great as when I saw them a few months later, but still great.  I might go this year, but I probably won't.  It's too dang expensive, I'm too dang broke, and I hated camping with a bunch of dang dirty kids.  The booze is expensive and it's a pain to get in to the booze areas.  You can't bring in your own booze, and they search you pretty extensively in case you try to.  Yeah, and the heat.  I like the heat, but not enough to generally spend three days outisde in it.

But man, it rocked.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I really do fear music
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2006, 05:57:12 am »

I would not kill a man for a Klondike bar, but you better believe I'd waste some bitches for the chance to see Radiohead and look Thom Yorke in his wonky eye.

Radiohead in London 11/27/03 (Thanksgiving)

I Might Be Wrong

There There

Where I End and You Begin

I'm a Creep...

When I am King You Will Be First Against The Wall

Thom at Piano (Karma Police)

No Surprises

Paul Enjoys Radiohead a lot

~Paul






« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 06:07:52 am by pmcd9 »
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

yu-huang

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • xy7htk
Re: I really do fear music
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2006, 05:13:00 pm »

y-h gets a tiny can of Dr Pepper for having a blog written in Portuguese.  Which I have always suspected was invented by aliens who were trying to imitate a Romance language but got their information over a bad connection.  What a relief to be out of academia and be able to admit that...


Dude, Portuguese. Sometimes I think the rest of the word quite doesn't know what to make of it, like "But don't we have Spanish, already? What's the point in having this thing that just looks a lot like Spanish?". It's a mistery, man. It's the beautiful mistery of language, and all that.
Logged
the ominous finger-pointing of street aggression

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: I really do fear music
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2006, 06:44:26 pm »

Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: I really do fear music
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2006, 07:08:32 pm »

Saw Radiohead like a year ago when they toured about with Ol' Stephen Malkmus of Pavement.

I remember hearing the opener and thinking "Hey that sounds like Stephen Malkmus" and then he said "Hi, I'm Stephen Malkmus" and lo and behold I was shocked at my um.. rightitude.

Anyway I wrote about it, um... here

also, don't read anything else at that link.. or anywhere else for that matter.  That's all.  Bleep.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: I really do fear music
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2006, 07:21:01 pm »

A very entertaining review, misterqueue.  I particularly enjoyed the conversation with your friend, which is exactly the kind of conversation you need to have when you're seeing Radiohead fuck*ng live.

"Everything in Its Right Place" and "The National Anthem" are two of my favourite songs of theirs.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: I really do fear music
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2006, 08:33:49 pm »

Yes, he was rather upset at me, but in the end I like to think he would've done the same in my position.

Actually, I damn well know he would, because he sent me a picture of him with a certain hottie that we were both enamoured of some time later.

I got him back with a picture of Flava Flav and I at a party in Miami.

He's yet to 1up that, I'll keep everyone posted.*


*Even if you don't care.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: I really do fear music
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2006, 12:45:35 am »

Thom Yorke is so intelligent and perceptive, I think we will now fight with knives.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I really do fear music
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2006, 01:38:24 am »

Verdict?

Through a situation that is long and boring to explain I accidentally bought a copy of Death Cab For Cutie "Plans" with a gift receipt.  It is currently sealed and I could keep if for any other CD in the world.  Is it worth keeping?  I do not have any other DCFC music, and only have the vaguest recollection of not hating them.

What say you?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I really do fear music
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2006, 01:53:17 am »

Death Cab is way too mellow for me but the SO think's that they're the wasps' nipples
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I really do fear music
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2006, 03:02:26 am »

Anyway I wrote about it, um... here
That's a good review and not too far off from my experience seeing them here in our (curiosly non corporate named) outdoor shed.  Seriously I don't know why people go to concerts if they are only going to talk loudly through the entire event.  The band seemed less inspired as well.  Perhaps they could sense they were playing for a bunch of uncaring fucks.  They kicked so much ass in London (and Cardiff) though and when they played sail to the moon, you could hear a pin drop.

Anyway, none of this is helping AD and Wombat.  Everybody (especially those that got goodies from him) send AD a sampler of new music.  It's an honest appeal.  He wants to know what the cool kids are listening to.  Me, i'd kill for another mix from Bozack or Starlight.  I still listen to those two reguarly.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: I really do fear music
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2006, 11:20:34 am »

Thom Yorke is so intelligent and perceptive, I think we will now fight with knives.

Honey, those aren't children, they're packets of cream cheese.


Also side_show, Death Cab is wondrous but I think Plans is my least favorite release of theirs.  Check out The Photo Album and We Have the Facts instead would be my suggestion; but that's... just... me...
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Re: I really do fear music
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2006, 12:12:30 pm »

I'm a bit late here on this, but...
I find most my cool music finds through my cool london friend's lj, the sigur ros forum, mp3 blogs (the best one I've been checking since the summer is largehearted boy since it updates everyday), and random users on soulseek who I friend and check up on based on other stuff I liked and downloaded from them (as of today, I downloaded the new ester drang -- reminds me of ulrich schnauss and if that doesn't ring a bell it's a bit shoegazery ambient pop, islands -- members of former band, The Unicorns; that's all I know and The Lovely Feathers which I found through lhb with one mp3 that was linked, but never located the whole thing on soulseek till tonight; good stuff!).

last.fm is rather good, too, but I hardly use it to find new bands.. I just use it to keep track of what stuff I listened to the most and check stats on my fav. bands. heh.
here's mine in case you're curious:  http://www.last.fm/user/aekastar

Me, i'd kill for another mix from Bozack or Starlight.  I still listen to those two reguarly.

~Paul

Aw, I'm flattered!
I haven't made a real mix since the summer for a friend... I have made two yoga mix volumes for my mom, but she made me put some stuff I wasn't too into on there.. I made it pleasing and even got a gift certificate from one of her students for a copy of vol.2, but it isn't something I'd have made for myself.

Perhaps soon, a mix trade is in order!
Logged
Texas only kept me awake
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up