Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: the band i hate the most  (Read 34128 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

sunnystar

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
    • Pictures, Words, and Stuff
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2006, 02:11:29 am »

I don't know where to begin with this topic. It could get nasty...

Nickelback: DOES suck. Never were good. And their 15 seconds of fame pretty much proved that.
DMB: older stuff. Their new CD was not as good. And they played it for a month straight when I was working at Barnes and Noble. That'll pretty much turn me off to anything.
Bright Eyes: so emo it's almost too sad, yet they have one of the BEST christmas CD's out that I've ever heard in my life! And that's the honest goddamn truth! :sigh:
Jack Johnson: can't say anything bad about him. I've loved him since before he became so freakin' college mainstream. That's why I used to hate DMB so much! Also, if you DO like Jack Johnson, check out his friend Donavon Frankenreiter.

Q, you know I love you and have to pretty much agree with you in everything you say, yet...
I am hopelessly addicted to American Idol like it's a drug. Although, yes, the only good one that I can stand after the fact is Kelly Clarkson...I'd be a lesbian for her because she's so HOT! And I really like Clay Aiken because he's so cute and gay and I like gay boys... Also, I can't entirely say that I hate Green Day, although, same as with DMB, their new stuff is lackluster and I will stick with their old stuff that was cool in middle school.

I think that's it, but I'm sure I'll have more opinions if this thread keeps going. Oh, music, I love you and hate you!

p/s/ Someone mentioned Five Iron Frenzy, which is funny, because I used to LOVE them when I was younger. Now, although I have their old old CD's, I'll pass. But I even saw them in concert once. They dressed like Star Trek characters. I was insanely amused by that for weeks.
Logged
Never be too pessimistic - you think the worst, but it could really just be a sequined drag queen.
 -side_show-

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2006, 02:18:38 am »

The world is awash in shitty music.  Do yourself a favor and stop caring about it.  Remember that the world is also filled with beautiful music.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

sunnystar

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
    • Pictures, Words, and Stuff
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2006, 02:21:15 am »

The world is awash in shitty music.  Do yourself a favor and stop caring about it.  Remember that the world is also filled with beautiful music.

~Paul

Paul, that was beautiful and poetic and happy...which is why you're wonderful I'm sure...yet aren't there shitty musicians and their music that you so despise that you want spend as much time as I did putting a HUGE post on this thread?! COME ON! I KNOW YOU WANT TO! :)
Logged
Never be too pessimistic - you think the worst, but it could really just be a sequined drag queen.
 -side_show-

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2006, 02:23:13 am »

Paul is too kind and too zen for that.  I cannot see him getting so worked up over such petty things.  This is why he would make a better court judge than I.

Also, sunny, you're forgiven, but mostly because you said you loved me; and that goes a long way.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

sunnystar

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
    • Pictures, Words, and Stuff
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2006, 02:37:14 am »

Paul is too kind and too zen for that.  I cannot see him getting so worked up over such petty things.  This is why he would make a better court judge than I.

Also, sunny, you're forgiven, but mostly because you said you loved me; and that goes a long way.

It is true, Q, he is too nice for this thread. :sigh: What can ya do? But thanks for forgiving my sorry ass. You probably wouldn't if you knew some of the other music I like to listen to....but we'll leave it at that....
Logged
Never be too pessimistic - you think the worst, but it could really just be a sequined drag queen.
 -side_show-

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2006, 02:41:45 am »

Paul, that was beautiful and poetic and happy...which is why you're wonderful I'm sure...yet aren't there shitty musicians and their music that you so despise that you want spend as much time as I did putting a HUGE post on this thread?! COME ON! I KNOW YOU WANT TO! :)

One downside of turning off the radio is it makes it extremely more difficult to find good new music (not that they are any help in that department).  the upside is i'm not subjected to a bunch of crappy music that sucks.  I've heard Nickleback before, they suck, yeah, that's pretty clear to me, but I just don't give a shit.  No one is locking me in a room and forcing me to listen to them.

My i-pod is in shuffle mode.  The battery is almost dead right now, which means i've logged a lot of songs.  Let's see, 231 (of 6728) as of this writing and so far it's been 100% Nickleback free music listening.

Ooh, Naked Eye just came on, I fuck*ng love that song.

~Paul

I too love American Idol
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2006, 03:10:30 am »

Naked Eye by Luscious Jackson?  That song is basically like treasure.
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2006, 03:27:10 am »

OK, painful as it is, since it means hearing them, but to prove just how bad they are - http://www.thewebshite.net/nickelback.htm.

I agree, they are one of the very worst things around, I think because they seem to believe they are true musicians.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2006, 03:31:19 am »

But really it's not just the fact that they're Xians.  I'm cool with that, I mean be what you want to be, but this whole "We won't say it on MTV but we'll say it on the Gospel channel" BS amounts to chicanery and smacks of fakey belief systems to me.  That's my .02 though, I could be wrong.

I think that's what did them in for my sister, too. That they were just another band, and all of a sudden... what are they doing in Heaven & Earth?
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2006, 03:34:14 am »

OK, painful as it is, since it means hearing them, but to prove just how bad they are - http://www.thewebshite.net/nickelback.htm.

Wow, where have I seen THAT link before?  :P

(hint: try page 1 of this topic)
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2006, 03:35:20 am »

Naked Eye by Luscious Jackson?

Naked Eye by The Who actually.  Interestingly though, and I didn't even think about it until I read your post, but while I was listening to Naked Eye by The Who Naked Eye by Luscious Jackson was in the deck getting ripped.  That's what's known as a coicidence.  Now I have two Naked Eyes and they both kick ass.

Up to song 237 now, still no Nickleback.  Ooh Day Tripper (Jimi Hendrix), fuck yeah!!!

Now if you'll excuse me, i'm going to eat some taro pancakes with coconut syrup.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2006, 06:27:10 am »

i'm so very, very sorry that i have caused psychological relapses in people on the internet.
unfortunately,
i seem to have that effect.

regardless,
paul,
i agree.

my problem with nickelback is not my normal "oh, i hate this band, they suck."

--
ok, i went and sat in a corner and breathed for about 5 minutes to calm down.
merely typing their name causes,
problems.

no,
my problem with them is that i _really_ hate them.

whenever the newest song comes on the radio,
my hand clenches and i draw the resultant fist back.

this is not good,
i work with people,
in public places,
places i have no control over the radio at.

"hi, i'm here to fix your computer"
"PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T HIT ME!!!!"
"huh-what?! oh, sorry, could you turn the radio off?"

see, this is a Problem.

i tried sticking lit cigarettes into my ears,
before arriving at customer sites,
to lessen the chance of me hearing Them.

alas,
i have developed a Mutant Power that allows me to hear the song even without working ears.

it's quite disturbing.

i,
i,
i...

sadly,
i would make out with all of the backstreet boys if nickelback would just go to the motherfuck*ng cornfield.

Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2006, 06:56:13 am »

Hating stuff is fun! It's what the internet is basically for.

FACT: Al Gore invented the internet in 1983 to bitch about how much he hated Kajagoogoo.

I hate a lot more deserving bands than Bright Eyes...I will admit the guy is talented but I just can't tolerate him.

Maroon 5 is one of the worst bands performing today. My rule of thumb is any music you can image being played at a middle school dance sucks, and Maroon 5 is the embodiment of this philosophy.

The Black Eyed Peas released a song called Let's Get Retarded. Then they made it their mission statement. My Humps is the Manos:Hands of Fate of music.

I know it's cliched to say "if I ever hear song X again, I'm going to..." but if I ever here that Fallout Boy song they are playing every 10 minutes on the radio again, I am going to personally urinate on Clear Channel corporate headquarters (although I should probably do that anyways).

This is a wonderful thread!
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2006, 07:52:51 am »

The Black Eyed Peas are also wretched, but one cultural artifact has started to undo the damage of "My Humps," in my opinion: The "Mary Worth" version.
Logged

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2006, 08:13:39 am »

My Humps is the Manos:Hands of Fate of music.

 Wait, what? Is (shudder) My Humps like hasty, thoughtless free-sax backed by casio?

That Mary Worth thing is hilarious. I didn't know there was a popular song with lyrics like that. And I thought Milkshake was bad. Milkshake is the Beatles and Green Day on earth compared to that.
Logged
I am older now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up