Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wine: Keep a red and a white on hand at all times. When choosing wines on the wine aisle, use this simple rhyme to make your selection: “Closer to the floor, is meant for the poor / closer to the lights, is more like for if Bono comes over.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: TOUAMB Worst N00b Award  (Read 5341 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2006, 02:48:20 am »

I don't want to jizz on ANYBODY. But, I kind of think that removing Dr Pepper's should be known as....wait, no. No no no. That is a bad idea.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2006, 03:47:00 am »

I don't want to jizz on ANYBODY. But, I kind of think that removing Dr Pepper's should be known as....wait, no. No no no. That is a bad idea.

What?  Bukkaki-fying?  How bad could it be?!


And if there's no one you want to jizz on/in, then you're a better man than I am.  MUCH better.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2006, 04:13:25 am »

You mean Jough?


I am totally going to have -MaxInt Dr Peppers by tomorrow

Huh. I only went down 6 cans for this. Excellent display of restraint.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2006, 04:33:34 am »

I only took five of them - I guess someone else took one, Cort.

Kai

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2006, 07:36:59 am »

I have to agree with mom there that just being nominated for an award is an enormous honour in and of itself.  Had I not entered my real email address when I registered, I never would have known.  Thank you all so much. 

By the by, after that strip came out in December where Chris stomps past Teodor in his boxers, (with those funny ankles,) I finally decided to just email him and see if he was as frightened of diabetes as Ray.  Would you know, he said he had a 'little of the christmas cheer' lingering.  That's all.  That's the big mystery.  Chris Onstad is a slightly chubby man. 

Whether I win or lose the distinction of "Worst N00b 2005", later this year I'll re-register from a different ip and just crush the opposition.  ( I can vote for myself once on my way out, right?)
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2006, 08:11:12 am »

You can vote for yourself, but I doubt you'll "win" as you were far from the worst noob this year.

But really, it's a dishonour just being nominated.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2006, 03:26:23 pm »

It sort of an interesting quandary - we're saying these people suck, but that they suck so bad they deserve and award.  I don't know what to think about that.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2006, 05:29:01 pm »

It sort of an interesting quandary - we're saying these people suck, but that they suck so bad they deserve and award.  I don't know what to think about that.

Really, were we expecting any of them back?

I think we'll make a rule next year that getting banned takes you out of the running. That would prevent people from coming here just to be idiots for an imaginary award. We want sincere N00b stupidity around here. No poseurs.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2006, 05:34:17 pm »

Really, were we expecting any of them back?

I think we'll make a rule next year that getting banned takes you out of the running. That would prevent people from coming here just to be idiots for an imaginary award. We want sincere N00b stupidity around here. No poseurs.

Dammit, there goes my chances on yet another category.  At least I don't have to start running around acting like a cock or talking in a faux accent generator I guess.  So yay to that.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2006, 05:45:14 pm »

Dammit, there goes my chances on yet another category.  At least I don't have to start running around acting like a cock or talking in a faux accent generator I guess.  So yay to that.

I like how Foghorn Leghorn would do BOTH of those things, on account of being a Southern Cock.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2006, 02:46:57 pm »

Discovered while researching the Pinball thread... How did we overlook this guy.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2006, 03:08:19 pm »

Yeah, he just sort of sucks.  He's not outstandingly sucky.  Hence no nomination.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2006, 06:14:46 pm »

I'm confused, are you talking about that JeremyW guy? I read that whole thread and I didn't see any outstanding terribleness. I mean besides starting a slightly lame thread, but we all have done that at some point. Am I missing something?
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2006, 06:34:13 pm »

If you click on his profile you can read all his posts, it's just basically that he contributed nothing and did a lot of stating the obvious.  I think he called someone a jerk at some point, and also it is implied, since JeremyW had the same avatar as a guy who had just been banned from the board - "Is Like Moxie," I think who was ... maybe... a real dick.  I seem to remember him admitting it, or Jough checked and he was posting from the same IP or something.  I don't remember, and I'm too lazy to look it up.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2006, 07:46:31 pm »

I'm confused, are you talking about that JeremyW guy? I read that whole thread and I didn't see any outstanding terribleness. I mean besides starting a slightly lame thread, but we all have done that at some point. Am I missing something?

He only joined to hawk his comic and got indignant when we didn't like it.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up