Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...  (Read 14661 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 01:12:30 am »

Accidentally or not, most people who shoot people get arrested, or at least investigated, no?

I would love to find out they'd had a couple brews beforehand. Dick Cheney's presence is really the main reason most of us haven't called for impeachment yet.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 04:12:44 am »

A similar incident happened in my family years ago, resulting in the death of a friend of a very close relative of mine, at the hands of my relative.  He wasn't arrested or investigated or anything.  He, of course, is still haunted by it to this day.  He's also one of the finest people I know.

That said, Cheney's such a crap dude.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 04:59:31 am »

Quote from: Official Apologist
Whittington "came up from behind the vice president and the other hunter and didn't signal them or indicate to them or announce himself," Armstrong said.
So really it was his own fault, that's what they're getting at right? Stupid careless hunter not making a bunch of noise while they were approaching easily frightened birds.

Quote from: Official apologist
"The vice president didn't see him," she continued. "The covey flushed and the vice president picked out a bird and was following it and shot. And by god, Harry was in the line of fire and got peppered pretty good."
Isn't this a bit too flippant? I don't think 'By Jove, he got peppered pretty good' is what I'd want to hear after someone shot me in the face.

I mean sure the guy sounds ok, but damn couldn't they have got someone who sounds a bit less of a hick to let everyone know what's going on?

Edit: While I'm ranting couldn't they have picked a better picture?
I'm kind of half convinced that Cheney is actually a morally pure force for good in the world but just has a bad rap because he suffers from an ancient curse that makes it impossible for him to look non-evil on film.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 05:08:10 am by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 05:14:05 am »


me:Cheney always has that sneer on his face... I can't stand it. He looks like he's up to something. It's terrifying.
a kid in my US Gov. Class: That's why I love him so much!

this is a kid who unironically sings the "America (Fuck Yeah)" song from Team America. Like.... I'm not sure if he realizes that it's a joke.
best part of that: he's a really smart kid. he's the type who says "the gays are ruining america!", and then has memorized all these statistics and details that make it sound reasonable.


but really... Cheney: He exercises his 2nd amendment rights so that you won't have to! (or want to)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 05:43:06 am »

I think Cheney was playing The Most Dangerous Game.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Biz Markizzle

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 73
    • View Profile
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 03:26:00 pm »

Isn't this a bit too flippant? I don't think 'By Jove, he got peppered pretty good' is what I'd want to hear after someone shot me in the face.

I hate to come to the defense of anyone even associated with Cheney, but it's actually not that flippant. Getting "peppered" is what it's called, not just by hicks, when hit at a distance by shotgun pellets. Because 28-gauge shotguns are not meant for shooting targets from any sort of distance, it's really not that serious to get hit by them from afar. Further, the ammo they were using is called birdshot, which are very small pellets.

For those of us non-hunters (me included), when we hear "shotgun" we immediately picture The Terminator, either on foot or on a motorcycle, blowing giant holes in trucks, liquid metal *****s, or the kneecaps of police officers.  However, while Cheney is, we all suspect, at least 75% *****, the weapon and ammo he was using is not very powerful and not very useful for destroying assassin *****s or conservative lawyers. Obviously you don't want to get hit in the eye, groin, or any sort of orifice, but otherwise it's no big deal. Note that the article has to mention explicitly that his skin was pierced, because very often it won't be. Some people -- in this case, yes, hicks only -- even play a game, with lots of different names but sometimes called "Pepper," where they stand very far apart and shoot each other.

Still: the vice-president just shot a dude. That is pretty funny.
Logged
Even my superficial raps are super official.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006, 05:18:22 pm »

Thanks, Biz. What I was gonna say exactly. Also, When birds flush they fly - my guess is the bird Cheney was tracking didn't go up but in the direction of the unfortunate guy who got shot - so, imagine,  you're eyes are fixed on this bush with birds in it, they flush, and you start tracking a bird that is gonna go in a random direction. The bird goes not up but left. so you are tracking left with a long gun and pull the trigger - the shot comes out in a spreading cloud and some hit the unfortunate guy who didn't tell you he walked up into your field of fire.

I imagine they pulled most of the shot out out of his clothes and the first layer of skin unless he was close enough to get burnt by the muzzle flash or have some hearing damage from the report.

Lucky they were just shooting at tiny little birds.
Logged

sunnystar

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
    • Pictures, Words, and Stuff
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2006, 10:16:30 pm »

Y'all are making the fact that he shot a dude less funny by explaining how shooting birds actually works!

Although, it is a learning experience and I enjoyed hearing about it as I don't know much about shooting a gun or its specifics.

education.
Logged
Never be too pessimistic - you think the worst, but it could really just be a sequined drag queen.
 -side_show-

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2006, 10:20:08 pm »

The best part was the retarded questions coming out of the white house press corps. Remember, these people are supposed to be representing you, the American people:

  • Will Vice President Cheney be submitting his resignation, or has he submitted his resignation?
  • Would this be considered more serious had the other man been killed?

And people wonder why the media isn't taken seriously anymore.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2006, 10:26:08 pm »

Yeah.. it might be taken more seriously if this Presidency actually didn't hand pick the Press Corps it chooses to answer/allow in. 
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2006, 01:49:32 am »

The best part was the retarded questions coming out of the white house press corps. Remember, these people are supposed to be representing you, the American people:

Hey, wait!  I never voted for this!  Currently, I'm represented by Jim Matheson (who is "working for Utah's Second District."  Thanks, Jim!), among others.

Quote
  • Will Vice President Cheney be submitting his resignation, or has he submitted his resignation?
  • Would this be considered more serious had the other man been killed?

Are you serious?  I mean, these questions weren't really asked, were they?  Shit, I know the answers.

  • No.  Are you fuck*ng stupid or something?  He gets away with much worse shit than this, almost daily.
  • Yes, your fuck*ng moron.  In that case someone would have died, which is clearly more serious than a minor injury.

And the White House pays someone a really good salary to field questions like these.

Also, thanks Dawg, for using that list feature.  I never knew it existed.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2006, 01:55:55 am »

me:Cheney always has that sneer on his face... I can't stand it. He looks like he's up to something. It's terrifying.
a kid in my US Gov. Class: That's why I love him so much!

this is a kid who unironically sings the "America (Fuck Yeah)" song from Team America. Like.... I'm not sure if he realizes that it's a joke.
best part of that: he's a really smart kid. he's the type who says "the gays are ruining america!", and then has memorized all these statistics and details that make it sound reasonable.


but really... Cheney: He exercises his 2nd amendment rights so that you won't have to! (or want to)

I had a kid exactly like that in my AP US Government class last year.  Now he's at Princeton.

He suggested to my teacher we fix the illegal immigration problem by taking a class field trip to the Mexico border - with shotguns.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2006, 02:03:29 am »

Thanks to Biz and AD for the explaining. I did understand it wasn't that serious but didn't realise 'peppering' was actually a word, as opposed to a nice way to avoid saying 'he shot a guy'.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2006, 02:08:39 am »

Thanks to Biz and AD for the explaining. I did understand it wasn't that serious but didn't realise 'peppering' was actually a word, as opposed to a nice way to avoid saying 'he shot a guy'.

"Paprika-ing," on the other hand, means to mow someone the fuck down.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up