Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You might, rabbit

You might.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...  (Read 14676 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2006, 05:10:41 am »

"Paprika-ing," on the other hand, means to mow someone the fuck down.

Hey Hobot, this is why you got nominated.  Being a hot lesbian in and of itself isn't enough anymore.  You gotta bring the funny too.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2006, 07:27:35 am »

The dude was wearing bright orange and Cheney shot his ass in the face anyway.

That's fuck*ng hardcore, even for a Republican, man.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2006, 07:45:01 am »

On the other hand, when is lawyer season in Texas? Is the bag limit by poundage or by the each?

Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2006, 12:21:28 pm »

  Being a hot lesbian in and of itself isn't enough anymore.

That's us, always raising the bar.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2006, 12:52:00 pm »

Gotta reach for that rainbow.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2006, 02:09:28 pm »

Gotta reach for that rainbow.

I prefer to taste the rainbow.


Yeah..  I said it.  I went there.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2006, 03:20:11 pm »

shot his ass in the face

???  ACK!  Anatomical idiom overload!!!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2006, 04:05:18 pm »

shot his ass in the face anyway.

???  ACK!  Anatomical idiom overload!!!

Well he was a lawyer and a republican.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2006, 05:17:56 pm »

I prefer to taste the rainbow.


Yeah..  I said it.  I went there.

I have a tiny, handmade sticker on my door that says, "Smith College: Taste the Rainbow."
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2006, 07:07:54 pm »

WOOO! GO Rainbow Warriors!!



You know what I'm talking about AD.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2006, 07:35:54 pm »

June Jones made them get rid of the Rainbow part for the football team, so it's just Warriors officially although colloquially they refer to them as the 'Bows.

Personally I think this small island makes far too much of their football team. I mean, winning home games here against teams like Michigan State isn't that big a deal when the other team has to travel 12 hours to get here by plane.

The real deal is the women's volleyball. The Rainbow Wahine can definitely play.

Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2006, 07:40:20 pm »

I have a tiny, handmade sticker on my door that says, "Smith College: Taste the Rainbow."

I would like to say that I believe that this was the first time in the history of the Internet that I wanted to make a post using a smilie, in fact, consisting just of a smilie.  But the board let me down by not providing the appropriate Chagrined Moaning expression that I needed.

(Secondary note on board software: does not recognize 'smilie' as being identical to the version of that word ending in -ey.)
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2006, 07:43:58 pm »

Edit: While I'm ranting couldn't they have picked a better picture?

No.  No, they couldn't. Because Cheney looks like that in every picture ever taken of him.

All the spin around this annoys me (big surprise there, right?).  It was the victim's fault, it wasn't that bad, blah blah blah.  The only official word from Cheney's office is that he paid for his hunting license.  Jesus, just say "I accidentally shot a guy, I feel terrible, I hope he gets better."  Is that so hard?  What was all that about honor and dignity and personal responsibility?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2006, 08:35:02 pm »

The TV news states that this makes Dick Cheney the first sitting vice president to shoot another man since Aaron Burr.

I like it when factoids such as that one are generated.
Logged

Biz Markizzle

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 73
    • View Profile
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2006, 08:52:06 pm »

All the spin around this annoys me (big surprise there, right?).  It was the victim's fault, it wasn't that bad, blah blah blah.  The only official word from Cheney's office is that he paid for his hunting license.  Jesus, just say "I accidentally shot a guy, I feel terrible, I hope he gets better."  Is that so hard?  What was all that about honor and dignity and personal responsibility?

Yeah, what's amusing about the whole situation is that no one really seems sure whether to treat it as a scandal. So the news corps sort of awkwardly ask questions that are either oddly intense or oddly irrelevant, and the Cheney reps hesitantly defend him with the same sort of look on their faces that you see celebrities get when they're not sure if they're being Punk'd.

American media has such a rigid structuring logic that when something just sort of weird happens, like Cheney shooting some dude, or Bush choking on a pretzel, the whole system turns on itself and nobody's sure when to be ironic and when to accuse someone of conspiracy.
Logged
Even my superficial raps are super official.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up