Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Established 2003
TOUAMB: Wandering off topic since the early 21st Century

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Recent shows  (Read 22249 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2006, 04:15:19 pm »

I'm going to see Pink Mountaintops Saturday night.  I saw Steven McBeans band Black Mountain last year in Houston and really dug it.  Wow, according to this it was exactly 1 year ago.

Enjoy it man.  Wish I could go, but I'll be stuck up in (beautiful) Seattle seeing Belle & Sebastian and The New Pornographers.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2006, 04:20:26 pm »

Enjoy it man.  Wish I could go, but I'll be stuck up in (beautiful) Seattle seeing Belle & Sebastian and The New Pornographers.

Enjoy.  BTW, Neko Case is going to be on the Tonight Show tomorrow tonight.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2006, 07:53:35 pm »

Enjoy.  BTW, Neko Case is going to be on the Tonight Show tomorrow tonight.

~Paul

It's time for someone to trot out the nude photos again.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2006, 08:32:14 pm »

It's time for someone to trot out the nude photos again.

Yes I asked for this several months ago, but no one obliged.  Pretty Please, if someone knows where to find those photos please post a link.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2006, 09:12:37 pm »

I had 'em on my other computer, but alas . . .
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2006, 01:10:09 am »

Too bad Neko Case has that butterface.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2006, 03:34:36 am »

C'mon man, you're better than that.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2006, 06:18:47 pm »

Yes I asked for this several months ago, but no one obliged.  Pretty Please, if someone knows where to find those photos please post a link.

~Paul

Awwwwwwwww, dammit.  I found the old post with the link, but it's now 404.  And I stupidly didn't save the pictures themselves when I had the opportunity.  Dammit!

This one's quite lovely though.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2006, 06:31:41 pm »

Quote from: Neko
Ultimate Dream:  To come back in the next life as a set of bagpipes.

No fair - she took mine.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2006, 07:37:35 am »

I went to see Freddie Hubbard this evening.  He basically rocked.  He did not play trumpet, though, the entire night he was playing a flugelhorn.  I was suprised:  with a 25 minute intermission, the show went almost three hours.  He is 68 years old.

By far the funniest mic banter I've ever heard.  The most difficult part of the show for him was to remember the band members's names.

Man, I hope I can still dance around when I am 70 years old.
Logged
ACHIEVE

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2006, 05:55:04 pm »

damn.
I'm going to have to decide between seeing Built to Spill and Dinosaur JR.
Both are playing in Chapel Hill. Which is about 3 hours away. I'm trying really really hard to convince my parents it's OK for me to drive up there. so. I'll most likely have to pick between the two.

damn.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2006, 05:58:18 pm »

damn.
I'm going to have to decide between seeing Built to Spill and Dinosaur JR.
Both are playing in Chapel Hill. Which is about 3 hours away. I'm trying really really hard to convince my parents it's OK for me to drive up there. so. I'll most likely have to pick between the two.

damn.

If they give you permission for one, but not the other just take the car and do both.  What are they gonna do, you'll be three hours away in Chappel Hill.  If they don't give permission for either just steal the car.  You might want to steal some money too while your at it. 

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2006, 06:34:29 pm »

I went to see Freddie Hubbard this evening.  He basically rocked.

That's excellent, Freddie Hubbard cooks.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2006, 06:44:14 pm »

OMG I lied

buiilt to spill just cancelled that part of their tour, and moved all the dates to much later in the year.

they'll be in St Louis in september. I'll be living there. All is solved.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up