Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: March 14, 2006: D...dad?  (Read 12561 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2006, 03:57:16 am »

There are TWO identical hats and TWO identical pairs of sunglasses. Therefore, the hat's not magic, folks.

Are you implying that there's an economy of hats?  There's no such thing as more than one magical hat?

I'm not saying I believe the hat is magic, but hell if 1, then possibly 2.  It is a logical conclusion.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2006, 04:22:47 am »

I think I actually said OHHHH SHIIIIIIIIIIT out loud reading this.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

behka

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 16
    • View Profile
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2006, 04:30:38 am »

Quote
by  Jeepers:
 I'm kinda holding out hope for the twist ending-

Ray: D...dad?
Ramses: The hell I ain't your daddy boy.
Ray: ...............
Ramses: I got my chiles fileted five years 'fore I started getting rutty with your momma.
Ray & Beef: *gasp!*
Ramses: The hell you think I left you and the woman. You are the son of a whiskey truck driver.

dude, no.

onstad took pains to make them look alike.

and i don't think mrs smuckles would cheat.  she seems like a good lady. 

a good hearted woman.
Logged
To you, I'm an atheist; to God, I'm the loyal opposition. - Woody Allen, Stardust Memories

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2006, 04:40:12 am »

The title ruined it for me because I wasn't expecting a strip to be posted at 7pm or whatever.

Same here.
But it's AAAIIIGHT, Evan. The goodness of the strip more than made up for it.
And I think the rest of you pretty much exhausted all the other title possibilities. But I still think the Liv Tyler option would be the best.
By the way, I can't remember in which strip Beef said she looked "basically like an angel" or something.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2006, 04:49:57 am »

.
By the way, I can't remember in which strip Beef said she looked "basically like an angel" or something.

For You!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2006, 04:52:31 am »

It's all like Field of Dreams...

Fight.... and they will come...

That is... if he's a ghost.
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

jcreed

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 37
    • View Profile
    • http://jcreed.org
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2006, 05:03:59 am »

Also, "If this were any more right you would be Liv Tyler"
How could this not have been the thread title.

Glad someone knows what's what.
Logged

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2006, 05:20:02 am »

Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

sensate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 111
    • View Profile
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2006, 05:31:00 am »

I don't know about the rest, but Rodney is the Soul of the Fight. He's going to make them get busy. I'm less confident than I have been that Ray is going to win, but there is going to be some fighting. Rodney will be hugely impatient with all of this crap. He will want to see this Finished. He will be amazed and sickened that his son won't Do the Job.

Or he will have had a Realization in the years between and counsel them to just walk out and let the whole thing go, thereby turning the whole arc into a tubful of lukewarm, stringy crap.
Logged

Cynicar

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2006, 06:26:37 am »

I have... no idea what is going to happen.

This is an awesome damn plot twist.

Maybe Rodney is the dude who's been working the crane?  Maybe they're just hallucinating from the whiskey?

Either way, I want one of those hats...
Logged
That's like comparin' a lunatic to a pissed man with goals.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2006, 06:47:42 am »

BRILLNT.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2006, 08:10:59 am »

The title did ruin it for me but all the same this is an interesting (if slightly cliched development).
I honestly can't see a good way for this to end, in my mind:
Ramses beats the crap out of those damn fools (after leaping over the fence of course)
OR
He is also Beef's Father! (which gives me this weird Abraham, Ishmael and Isaac vibe for some reason)
OR
He tells them no one should beat the crap out of a friend from small times just to win the Fight (kind of weak but with the right language it would work well)
OR
he tells them it's man time and they better come real (Is perhaps most basic idea).


All my versions end with him disappearing into the sunset, Ray and Beef unable to follow from inside the Fight.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2006, 09:23:28 am »

So, I'm all kinds of pissed off right now - not about the strip, that's awesome.  More about the fact that I came to Europe in hopes that I would be able to make an original comment within the first few posts of the strip (I haven't really been commenting on this arc because by the time I get to it, everything's been said), seeing as how when I wake up here, it's about midnight PST, which is when Onstad usually posts the strips.  I wake up, have a little breakfast, turn on the computer, and A-HA!  new Achewood.  I come to the board, and....WHAT THE HELL!?  There's already 3 pages of posts.  Screw you, Onstad, for posting at 8PM when I came to Europe specifically to be able to comment on this arc.

So, this strip is good things, like fuzzy duckies in a sun-dappled pond.  No, wait, it's not as lame as that.  It's more like....treasure.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2006, 02:06:20 pm »

My first response to this was suspecting that Rodney was some kind of ghost. I'm not entirely sure that it isn't the case, but it seems kind of unlikely.

Instead of a g-host, Rodney is probably just Beef and Ray being exhausted and drunk off of Christian Brothers Brandy. All seeing shit or something? Wait no, probably not. Because Rodney is old looking. He has white hair, a white goatee, and white bushier eyebrows. Wow, that's some attention to detail right there.

And as we all know, IRC is never wrong.  We did tests... bitches.

But IRC conducted the tests! paradoxical!
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

HonkyTonkHooker

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7
    • View Profile
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2006, 03:02:54 pm »

Does anyone else think the GOF art has been really cool? I wouldn't want to say better than normal because I don't know shit :(
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up