Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!  (Read 22351 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2006, 08:11:54 pm »

Mad Props for the PBF avatar.  That shit is like the bastard child of Charles Aadams.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2006, 08:27:04 pm »

But hey, if its a merry band of hooligans around here, i'll definitely stick around and banter it up. 

However, you will note if you read the entire messageboard archives that it is generally preferred if you read the entire messageboard archives.  Just sayin'.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2006, 08:36:09 pm »

I can barely keep up with the current threads, let alone all of the history of the archives - although I would suggest reading a forum at least a little to get the tone and feel for how the culture works before drawing any conclusions or assuming that the board now belongs to you because you know how to type "achewood forum" in Google.

Anyway, only losers people like MisterQueue manage to read the entirety of the archives before posting.  Most of us don't have that much free time commitment.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2006, 08:39:25 pm »

Don't blame me, blame Anarchy!*



* Or OCD.


You down with OCD?
Yeah you know me.
Yeah you know me.
Yeah you know me.
Yeah you know me.
&c
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2006, 09:00:49 pm »

I can barely keep up with the current threads, let alone all of the history of the archives

Says the person with the highest post-count. Although it's pretty clear that if Q had been here since Day 1 his post-count would be so drastically far ahead that light leaving it right now would not reach me for several years.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2006, 09:07:26 pm »

I really don't think it's fair to expect other newbies to live up to Q's performance; truly, he is the platonic ideal of newbie, and all others are just shadows on the wall of the cave. So, y'know, no pressure.

Just to break up the sameness of the two previous opinions: I have no feelings about Emeril and Spongebath whatsoever. So there!
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2006, 09:15:20 pm »

Oh.  you guys!

Now to change the topic and quickly before I get some weird big Newbie head.  (When does the newbie title drop off by the way?  After a year?  I need to know these things.)

Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2006, 09:15:40 pm »

Says the person with the highest post-count.

I said I couldn't keep up with reading all of the threads, not posting to them.

nuero

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 105
    • View Profile
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2006, 09:19:51 pm »

Hey, fair 'nuf.  I didn't know if this was gonna be a forum like ctrl+alt+del, where a discouraging word is nigh upon ban-worthy.

Oh, to the contrary. These people bitch a ton.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2006, 09:20:03 pm »

Now to change the topic and quickly before I get some weird big Newbie head.  (When does the newbie title drop off by the way?  After a year?  I need to know these things.)

"Newbie" is relative. Much like how someone can still be a child to his mother well into middle age, you'll always be a newbie to me.

(Great, now I have "She's Always a Woman To Me" in my head. Eegah!)
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2006, 09:22:26 pm »

I said I couldn't keep up with reading all of the threads, not posting to them.

Jough is part of the problem and proud of it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Crun

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 21
    • View Profile
    • Hockey Zombie
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2006, 09:25:30 pm »

I've heard "lurk more" put many ways, but rarely with the verbosity displayed above. 

Yeah, I know, I could read and read, but what's the fun in that?  I likes to mix it up.  And like I said, the very appearance of Emeril got my dander up, bringing me here. 

BTW, beer in hand, the weekend has been greenlighted.  Stinkin' bastiches, couldn't find anybody willing to brave the wind for a round of nine and twelve.

weareas1

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2006, 09:38:46 pm »

Jough:  Yeah, Emeril and Spongebob suck.  They bring nothing to the party.

Until they start dancing.
Logged

Crun

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 21
    • View Profile
    • Hockey Zombie
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2006, 09:44:05 pm »

The only dancin' I care to see is gothic dance, gothic dance (bela legosi's dead).

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2006, 10:00:46 pm »

Jough is part of the problem and proud of it.

This reminds me of a Very Bad Joke that only Roast Beef would enjoy:

If you're not a part of the solution, you're a part of the precipitant.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up