Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The next time you appreciate how nice large titties look, be happy and smile to yourself. You deserve it.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Birthday Apple Gerl  (Read 13205 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Happy Birthday Apple Gerl
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2006, 05:28:17 am »

Cobain was an outstanding songwriter.

tells everyone that he thinks Kurt Cobain was an untalented and worthless guitarist/songsmith. Because, of course, the most important thing about writing songs is an extensive knowledge of musical theory, coupled with unneccesary use of technical skill

This is a symptom of players who get too involved in becoming a "guitar player" and not interested enough in becoming a decent musician.

The same applies to most other instruments, but the problem runs rampant with the guitar.
Logged
ACHIEVE

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Apple Gerl
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2006, 02:47:00 pm »

Dragging this vaguely back on topic....  I have now had occasion to look at a number of Myspace pages.  Apparently Myspace is a site that allows younguns who don't know how to make websites to make incredibly ugly and annoying websites.  Instead of having to wait until they have gained some maturity and aesthetic judgment and income to pay for hosting space and so on.

I fear for the future of civilization.  Or am I just an old curmudgeon?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy Birthday Apple Gerl
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2006, 04:45:07 pm »

oh goodness

the worst are the people who actually -do- know how to design websites, and use this skill to do wierd things.

"so... I can't add this person as a friend. They have hidden the button. I also cannot view their list of friends. Hm. I guess this person likes their privacy?"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Happy Birthday Apple Gerl
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2006, 06:26:10 pm »

I only use my MySpace page as a means of connecting with the t-shirt buying youth.  I have run into some old friends on there, though, and made a few new ones, so that's nice.

Also, there are a lot of hot girls on myspace.  Bonus!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Happy Birthday Apple Gerl
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2006, 02:52:55 am »

Belatedly:

Y'all are Philistines. Especially Q. Mono Puff rocks my face.

Seriously, go listen to Unsupervised and tell me again that they suck.

Futhermore, the wisdom of "Mr. Xcitement" echoes my sentiments: "like Flansy with the soda can, it's trooky trooky trooky."

Paul -- the thing about TMBG is that each of their albums more or less sounds like a different band. Have you tried Apollo 18, Lincoln, or John Henry? You might like those better.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Happy Birthday Apple Gerl
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2006, 02:59:25 am »

Belatedly:

Y'all are Philistines. Especially Q. Mono Puff rocks my face.

Seriously, go listen to Unsupervised and tell me again that they suck.

I never said Monopuff "sucks".

I just said compare them to State Songs and see which one you want to listen to more often.

If you say Monopuff then I will stab you in the jaw.  Seriously, if anyone says Monopuff then come on out to St. Louis this coming weekend and find me, I'll be the guy outside stabbing jaws.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Apple Gerl
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2006, 03:39:05 am »

We were talking about coming to STL next weekend, but I have no fuck*ng idea who Monopuff is.  Does that mean I will get stabbed or I won't?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Happy Birthday Apple Gerl
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2006, 05:36:04 am »

I never said Monopuff "sucks".

I just said compare them to State Songs and see which one you want to listen to more often.

If you say Monopuff then I will stab you in the jaw.  Seriously, if anyone says Monopuff then come on out to St. Louis this coming weekend and find me, I'll be the guy outside stabbing jaws.

While I will happily listen to any of the three albums in this comparison more or less indefinitely, I'm sorry, I'll take It's Fun to Steal over State Songs.

Feel free to stab me at your leisure.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Happy Birthday Apple Gerl
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2006, 07:21:47 am »

Way to go V... now everyone is getting stabbed...  even AW and it's NOT HIS FAULT!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Apple Gerl
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2006, 11:11:49 am »

Everyone is getting stabbed and it's all Apple Gerl's fault.  Way to go gerl...

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Apple Gerl
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2006, 11:35:29 am »

...I'm sorry, I'll take It's Fun to Steal over State Songs.

Feel free to stab me at your leisure.
I'm right there with ya, V. It's Fun to Steal rules. I've only listened to State Songs once or twice, and it never really got me. But Dashiki Lover et al. runs through my head frequently, like a 60 cycle hum in the background.

I guess I'm second up agains the wall when the Q revolution comes.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Happy Birthday Apple Gerl
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2006, 12:18:14 pm »

The Q Revolution: Stabbing Jaws since '06

It's a good thing Monopuff hasn't done a concert around here, because that's a lot of jaws to stab and my stabbin' arm is a bit out of practice...


Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Apple Gerl
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2006, 01:08:17 pm »

We were talking about coming to STL next weekend, but I have no fuck*ng idea who Monopuff is.  Does that mean I will get stabbed or I won't?

Monopuff was a side-project of one of the Johns from TMBG. Flansburgh, the one with glasses who plays guitar, if you care.
Logged

Apple Gerl

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 16
    • View Profile
    • my myspace, boring as hell
Re: Happy Birthday Apple Gerl
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2006, 12:10:33 am »

Post count 3 is calling post count 4 a n00b. You gotta love it.

Face it, kids, not a one of you are cool.  You're posting on an internet message board (that alone would kill your chances) about alive stuffed animals and cartoon cats, and are arguing over whether a song played in a MySpace (uncool) profile is cool or not.

There's a whole lotta uncool going on right around here.


Were we? I didn't even know that we were doing that. The song that is played in my myspace was cool anyway. Like if you even know what it is, geez.
On the other uncool hand, I do love TMBG. Unfortunately, not only because i am, A Noob, i don't have any sweet little anecdotes to share with anyone, nor can i recommend an album i don't have. But thats what you're here for!
Now i'm off to post on some other thread and go out and buy Dial-A-Song. Seeya bitches! (unnoobs??)
Logged
It is my firm belief that little puppy dogs named Mr. Poopytime will bring our nation together!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Happy Birthday Apple Gerl
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2006, 05:44:01 am »

John Henry is their best album, and anyone who tells you otherwise is a damn dirty liar.

Also excellent: Flood.  Apollo 18.

DID YOU KNOW THAT THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS WERE ONCE THE MUSICAL AMBASSADORS FOR INTERNATIONAL SPACE YEAR?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up