Ok, so I go to amazon.com and when I get there I realize I don't have Ragged Glory or American Stars and Bars so I bought them instead. Hell yeah, Neil Young in the House. Also, the Slint arrived today.
I wonder when the new NY album will be out?
How are the two Neil albums you just purchased? I've been particularly tempted by American Stars and Bars, because it was reissued with On the Beach (among others), which is fantastic.
Also, anyone else annoyed by the titles of some of the songs (especially 'Let's Impeach the President') on the new album? I mean, it's not like you always have to be subtle when writing about politics, but you also don't have to mushroom stamp me with your viewpoint (even though the idea is a tempting one...).
From
this site:
"Starting April 28, fans can log onto Young's Web site,
www.neilyoung.com, and listen to the 10-track collection in its entirety, free of charge, said Bill Bentley, a spokesman for Warner Music Group's Reprise Records.
"The album will first become commercially available as a digital download beginning May 2, "and we plan to get it into retail stores as soon after that as we can get them manufactured," Bentley said."