Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Supporting" bacon is easy. Who's going to get on the mayonnaise bandwagon with me?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Russian Writing  (Read 10316 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: sweet, Ray
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2006, 05:26:10 pm »

short cursive Ef looks like a c*ck

with some balls

Thank you, Bobby.  Thanks for that.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: sweet, Ray
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2006, 05:26:24 pm »

Bobby, everything looks like a cock and balls to you.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: sweet, Ray
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2006, 08:48:33 pm »

The best is the Russian word for "how". It's spelled "kak" and pronounced "cock".

The second best word in Russian is "Babushka". It is mostly just fun to say.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: sweet, Ray
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2006, 08:57:01 pm »

The best is the Russian word for "how". It's spelled "kak" and pronounced "cock".

The second best word in Russian is "Babushka". It is mostly just fun to say.

Vlad once starred in a porn movie called "Cock Dela?" about the world's friendliest nymphomaniac.
Logged

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: sweet, Ray
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2006, 09:22:21 pm »

Vlad once starred in a porn movie called "Cock Dela?" about the world's friendliest nymphomaniac.

I think you just made my day sir.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: sweet, Ray
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2006, 11:44:13 pm »

The best is the Russian word for "how". It's spelled "kak" and pronounced "cock".

The second best word in Russian is "Babushka". It is mostly just fun to say.

The prize goes to the adjective "skootchni," which means boring.

By the way, lprkn, which textbook are you using in your class?
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: sweet, Ray
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2006, 11:54:59 pm »

The prize goes to the adjective "skootchni," which means boring.

My favorite is бстречатся (v-stree-chat-sya) "to meet" because it is IMPOSSIBLE TO PRONOUNCE
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: sweet, Ray
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2006, 12:28:18 am »

We are using Голоса, which means "Voices" or something. It's ok. They do have audio files on their website, which is cool, although I never use them.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: sweet, Ray
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2006, 12:38:51 am »

Ah, we are using "Nachalo" ("Beginning").  It came with an audio CD that I never listen to, and there is a running storyline throughout the books (of which there are two; one for first and another for second year Russian) with a video that we occasionally watch in class.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: sweet, Ray
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2006, 01:20:21 am »

My favorite is бстречатся (v-stree-chat-sya) "to meet" because it is IMPOSSIBLE TO PRONOUNCE

I see that it is a reflexive verb, so do you know in what sense it means to meet? I have not encountered this word before.
Logged

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: sweet, Ray
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2006, 01:44:29 am »

I see that it is a reflexive verb, so do you know in what sense it means to meet? I have not encountered this word before.

the dictionary entry says that it means "to meet each other".  So i guess it's reflexive in that sense?
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: sweet, Ray
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2006, 03:01:49 am »

Ah, we are using "Nachalo" ("Beginning").  It came with an audio CD that I never listen to, and there is a running storyline throughout the books (of which there are two; one for first and another for second year Russian) with a video that we occasionally watch in class.

Ah, "Nachalo."  It's one of the few textbooks I haven't sold, because, damnit, I'm gonna learn Russian one of these days.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: sweet, Ray
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2006, 04:29:00 am »

I keep saying that about Latin.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: sweet, Ray
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2006, 05:02:59 am »

I'm tempted to try one a total immersion program to help my fluency, but they are expensive.
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: sweet, Ray
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2006, 02:36:15 pm »

We are using Голоса, which means "Voices" or something. It's ok. They do have audio files on their website, which is cool, although I never use them.

That's the textbook I used.  My witty classmates were all "Голоса?  More like Gol-uh-SUCK!"  I think they were bitter because our prof insisted that Americans could never have patronyms, even if it's easy to add -vich to your dad's name and pretend.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up