Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I got mad about Robert Fripp's "music" again. I need to go to bed.

Poll

Wanna Do a Mixdisc Trade?

Yes
- 16 (61.5%)
No
- 0 (0%)
I'll say yes, but i'll never do it
- 7 (26.9%)
I don't want to hear your crappy music
- 3 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24


Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20   Go Down

Author Topic: MixDisc '06  (Read 56987 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2006, 02:05:35 am »

Wait - is there a theme? A deadline? I don't work well freeform, people.

No. Soonish.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2006, 02:05:48 am »

*lies in wait for V's pm of her address... with Martha the jaw stabbing knife all the while saying vaguely amorphous creepy things.*


"Show me will you.. I'll mix CD you in the side of the..." *grumble grumble*
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2006, 02:08:20 am »

There will be a Mono Puff track on mine. Hell, maybe I'll do a whole Mono Puff mix and call it "Why MisterQueue is Wrong and Also a Bad Man."
Hey wait, that was gonna be my mix! Now I need a new idea and everything...
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2006, 02:58:36 am »

Our all Zappa mix project never got off the ground,
~Paul

I'm still working on mine!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2006, 10:58:59 am »

Also post a tracklist in this thread.

~Paul

Crap, it was going to be a surprise so I could unleash at one Doctor Demento song on you halfway through the CD. Anyhow, this thing that no-one will want is pretty much a mix of my favourite British music you may or may not have. You will all hate at least some of it, but it's my mix and I can cry if I want to.

Widcombe Flight/Maclaine Colston - Eleanor James
Oh Bondage! Up Yours! - X Ray Spex
Town Called Malice - The Jam
Ever Fallen In Love? - The Buzzcocks
Cool For Cats - Squeeze
Bill McCai - The Coral
The Guns Of Brixton - The Clash
If I Should Fall From Grace With God - The Pogues
Into The Valley - The Skids
Don't You Want Me? - The Human League
Outdoor Miner - Wire
Shadow Play - Joy Division
Night Boat To Cairo - Madness
Teenage Kicks - The Undertones
Gangsters - The Specials
Kooks - David Bowie
Silver - Echo and the Bunnymen
Statue of Liberty - XTC
Disco 2000 - Pulp
Alternative Ulster - Stiff Little Fingers
Golden Brown - The Stranglers
Judy Is A Dick Slap - Belle & Sebastian

Well, there you go. Now all that's needed is your addresses. (I'm 15, and a whole ocean away, so no stalking guaranteed)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 12:20:29 am by JudyIsADickSlap »
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2006, 03:40:20 pm »

My SO thinks this is awesome and volunteered to help me out with mine.  This has two effects:  Firstly, it means that I may actually do one.  Secondly, it means that my mix might not completely suck. 
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2006, 04:11:44 pm »

Oh Bondage! Up Yours! - X Ray Spex
Widcombe Flight/Maclaine Colston - Eleanor James
Ever Fallen In Love? - The Buzzcocks
Cool For Cats - Squeeze
Bill McCai - The Coral
The Guns Of Brixton - The Clash
If I Should Fall From Grace With God - The Pogues
Into The Valley - The Skids
Don't You Want Me? - The Human League
Outdoor Miner - Wire
Shadow Play - Joy Division
Night Boat To Cairo - Madness
Teenage Kicks - The Undertones
Gangsters - The Specials
Kooks - David Bowie
Silver - Echo and the Bunnymen
Town Called Malice - The Jam
Statue of Liberty - XTC
Disco 2000 - Pulp
Alternative Ulster - Stiff Little Fingers
Golden Brown - The Stranglers
Judy Is A Dick Slap - Belle & Sebastian

I'm excited about this mix, it's very reminicent of Bozack's mix from a couple of years ago.  His mix Also included Golden Brown.  His also included songs by Pulp, Bowie, The Clash (Well The Mescelaros actually), and the Pogues.  That mix is one of my favorite albums.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2006, 10:39:38 pm »

Ahoy, Gimpson.

Nice Brandon Bird avatar!

I have a litho of "Lazy Sunday Afternoon" hanging up in my living room.  It was a gift to my special lady friend for our last anniversary.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2006, 12:18:07 am »

Sending multiple packages across the proverbial pond will be expensive for someone living on a farmboy's wages (me) so welcome to:

Judy's ideas for translatlantic postage

1. I send one package with all the CD's in, and one of you kind souls sends the rest out (would that be even more expensive?).
or 2. I make one CD, and you all share it about. (No individuality for anybody, boo to that)
or 3. You all pay! I earn about £400 a year at the very most, guys.

And I can understand if you don't want to pay loads to send a disc to sunny England, so in return any CDs I 'order' will be paid by me postage-wise, unless you are feeling philanthropic, generous and/or awesome. I need your musical education, please consider giving me a scholarship.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 12:21:17 am by JudyIsADickSlap »
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2006, 12:32:55 am »

Well maybe Judy really should use that website Emmoh mentioned instead? After all, it's not like we can make much use of his address for stalking purposes when he lives on the other side of an ocean and all.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2006, 12:35:26 am »

I agree with this womby.  As much as I would love an actual cd from Judy's fine selection, I can certainly see the rationale for using a site of some sort.  (Actually if you want I can even host it temporarily on Q.com if need be.)

This does not however disallow Messire Judy from receiving an actual physical disc from me when I finally finalize my own mix of course.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2006, 12:51:39 am »

Jude, if you got a paypal account or suchlike, I would send you some green (or blue or read, whatever denomination you need) to cover the shipping to my little pile of sand in the Pacific.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2006, 01:01:50 am »

Okay, I think this covers everything:

I will get the mix up on yousendit or similar (Q, your offering of hosting is very much appreciated) for all you who wish to own it without your wallets being lightened.

For everybody willing to pay postage for the REAL THING I will send you your own CD with cover art, small liner notes, drawn on CD etc. and maybe a secret bonus song or something in return for your generosity. All I need is an address, conveniently revealed to me via this 'PM' people speak of.

You are good people.





Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2006, 01:07:58 am »

I am having a busy weekend getting ready for my business trip for the next two weeks but I should have time tomorrow to set you up with an account and a dir on Q.com for the tracks and whatnot Judy.  I'll pm you with details unless there's an e-mail addy I should use?
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2006, 01:31:25 am »

Okay, I think this covers everything:

I will get the mix up on yousendit or similar (Q, your offering of hosting is very much appreciated) for all you who wish to own it without your wallets being lightened.

For everybody willing to pay postage for the REAL THING I will send you your own CD with cover art, small liner notes, drawn on CD etc. and maybe a secret bonus song or something in return for your generosity. All I need is an address, conveniently revealed to me via this 'PM' people speak of.

You are good people.


You gonna spend our Yankee Dollars over there or do you have a preferred method for receiving payments?
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20   Go Up