See, I'm not talking about people who choose not to eat this-or-that based on palate preferences or even ethical reasons. I won't eat olives, and certain other things - infact I'm on the borderline of picky myself. I'm talking people who go out of their way to let you know they find foods offered to them are yucky - especially in front of those who have gone to a great deal of effort to make them, and those who are there to eat them. People who make an issue out of being unwilling. See, if you politely ask me what's in something I made, then don't eat it, I am not at all insulted. I'm talking about the people who come to potlucks, and then loudly explain to everyone why everything but the safest, most North American non-threatening foods, are yucky. I've met many a person like this, and it's always disconcerting to me. To me that is so rude. It's okay if you don't like it, but why try to convince others to not like/try it? Why make a public issue of it? Like Paul's date specifically telling him the item he had ordered was yucky. To me that is rude.