Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Why the French Hate The U.S.  (Read 15339 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: Why the French Hate The U.S.
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2006, 06:48:06 pm »

Yeah, I really like the French, but I'm also very much white.  If you don't look white, or even if you don't look French, you'll find that you're treated much differently there.  Racism in France now is like racism was in the U.S. around 1950.

Ahhh, the good ol' days.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Why the French Hate The U.S.
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2006, 07:36:16 pm »


It's like making a papier-mâché pu$$y and titling it "Paris Hilton."


I really must thank you for this bright spot on an otherwise gloomy day, despite the apparently pointlessness of giving tiny cans to the source of all tiny cans.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Re: Why the French Hate The U.S.
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2006, 05:07:49 pm »

It's like making a papier-mâché pu$$y and titling it "Paris Hilton."

Wait, there's a difference?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Why the French Hate The U.S.
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2006, 05:52:20 pm »

Man, Jough's picture made me so mad that I couldn't finish my Rose of the Prophet Muhammad at breakfast and I don't think I'll be in the mood for liberty cabbage tonight at dinner.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Why the French Hate The U.S.
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2006, 06:06:16 pm »

It actually may not matter for much longer. France may have real problems with avoiding becoming an Arabic-speaking country if they don't take a hard look at their immigration policies and how they treat their (presently) immigrant minorities (which are outbreeding them). Also, the French economy will be worthless in two generations if they allow 22 year old people employment for life. That amounts to universal welfare, and who's going to pay for it?

I predict they will need to be liberated again within 50 years unless some really major changes occur soon.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Why the French Hate The U.S.
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2006, 01:16:16 am »

Hey man, it's France. They switch governments every few decades or so, anyway.
Logged

Honeycombhideout

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 18
    • View Profile
Re: Why the French Hate The U.S.
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2006, 04:54:46 pm »



I am sure that the French do not appreciate being mocked by American fast food.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 05:34:35 pm by Honeycombhideout »
Logged
I didn't ask for a shrink - that must've been somebody else. Also, that pudding isn't mine. Also, I'm wearing this suit today because I had a very important meeting this morning and I don't have a crying problem.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Why the French Hate The U.S.
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2006, 07:45:46 pm »

Subway needs to make a commercial where Jared punches a Frenchman in heart so hard he dies.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Why the French Hate The U.S.
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2006, 04:21:30 am »



I am sure that the French do not appreciate being mocked by American fast food.

Holy shit... this is a joke right?  This isn't a really ad is it?  Is it?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Why the French Hate The U.S.
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2006, 02:28:11 pm »

I don't know.  I've always known French women to surrender to American men.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Why the French Hate The U.S.
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2006, 11:54:02 pm »

I've never got the whole 'Haha the french surrender' thing anyway. I mean (and correct me on any of this, my history is scratchy at times), Poland surrendered, Italy sided with the Nazi's but what we always hear about from the american media is how France are such pussies because they surrendered, which is pretty harsh coming from the country that (as far as I am aware) didn't have an enemy foot touch it's soil during the war (Pearl harbour was planes... and bombs and torpedoes and such, but not feet. Well maybe when the planes got blown up some dismembered feet...). I mean it's pretty easy to be all macho about it when there is a goddamn ocean between you and the other guys.

That said I come from the country that had plans to fall back and surrender the top half to the Japanese, so maybe I'm just sympathising with the chickens here.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Why the French Hate The U.S.
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2006, 12:08:12 am »

I've never got the whole 'Haha the french surrender' thing anyway. I mean (and correct me on any of this, my history is scratchy at times), Poland surrendered, Italy sided with the Nazi's but what we always hear about from the american media is how France are such pussies because they surrendered, which is pretty harsh coming from the country that (as far as I am aware) didn't have an enemy foot touch it's soil during the war (Pearl harbour was planes... and bombs and torpedoes and such, but not feet. Well maybe when the planes got blown up some dismembered feet...). I mean it's pretty easy to be all macho about it when there is a goddamn ocean between you and the other guys.

That said I come from the country that had plans to fall back and surrender the top half to the Japanese, so maybe I'm just sympathising with the chickens here.

The Italians lost a war to Ethiopia. They suck.

Poland suffered a blitzkrieg and fought before surrendering. The French (government) surrendered to HARSH LANGUAGE. There was no attack and no fight except for the few brave Resistance fighters. They (the French Government)  basically held the door and gave complimentary rim to the Nazis so that the Nazis wouldn't break anything. And they helped the Nazis round up Jews and Gypsies and Gays and whoever else the Nazis got the red ass about at the time. They fed, housed and protected the military of one of the greatest evils in history.

No Fight + Collaboration in utter evil pretty much seals it for me. I have trouble respecting the actions of France in WWII and I still think they have a lot to account for, especially to Jews.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Why the French Hate The U.S.
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2006, 12:35:59 am »

I always just assumed it was because the multinational corporation model that the United States created will eventually wreck their really sweet semi-socialized set-up over there where all healthcare's free, you can't get fired from anything, you work 32 hours a week 40 weeks a year and retire at 50-ish to eat cheese, drink wine and pretend to like soccer.

I wouldn't want that sort of excellent ride ruined either.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Why the French Hate The U.S.
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2006, 12:50:17 am »

"we want to give you a job for life, and let you retire at 50. But do you know who's stopping us? Arabs."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

1

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 11
  • Clay Regazzoni? Why not?
    • View Profile
Re: Why the French Hate The U.S.
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2006, 10:40:30 pm »

The Italians lost a war to Ethiopia. They suck.

Poland suffered a blitzkrieg and fought before surrendering. The French (government) surrendered to HARSH LANGUAGE. There was no attack and no fight except for the few brave Resistance fighters. They (the French Government)  basically held the door and gave complimentary rim to the Nazis so that the Nazis wouldn't break anything. And they helped the Nazis round up Jews and Gypsies and Gays and whoever else the Nazis got the red ass about at the time. They fed, housed and protected the military of one of the greatest evils in history.

No Fight + Collaboration in utter evil pretty much seals it for me. I have trouble respecting the actions of France in WWII and I still think they have a lot to account for, especially to Jews.

Funny how the French always seem to get a tougher deal out of the whole World War thing than the Italians and the Japanese...

Oh, and the British who slaughtered tens of thousands of civilians in German city raids. In fact, you might say that the French were one of the few nations that really did very little killing.
Logged
Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up