Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that there is no way to put a picture of a pug in the News Box?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: DOG SHIT DOG SHIT DOG SHIT HELP - 25 April 2006  (Read 9301 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
DOG SHIT DOG SHIT DOG SHIT HELP - 25 April 2006
« on: April 25, 2006, 07:45:52 am »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04252006

Is Beef hitting himself in the head a la Rainman?

Also, more exposition.  Whee.

goldenchurchhill

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 20
  • "The wine so bad it made the news."
    • View Profile
Re: DOG SHIT DOG SHIT DOG SHIT HELP - 25 April 2006
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 08:21:59 am »

wow what a shitty thread title.  Should have been this process will



« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 06:37:18 am by goldenchurchhill »
Logged
To live outside the law you must be honest.

ndpatel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sixtyeights.com
Re: DOG SHIT DOG SHIT DOG SHIT HELP - 25 April 2006
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 08:53:00 am »

i like how phillippe is basically living out an episode of punky brewster.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: DOG SHIT DOG SHIT DOG SHIT HELP - 25 April 2006
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 10:58:26 am »

I can only wonder if Onstad had this strip in mind when he originally ran the Ray dogshit strip.  If so, I am impressed by his tenacity in saving the Beef strip for so long.  I suppose I'll never know.

Stellar strip.  #1 Cholo.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Color_Me_Brad

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25
    • View Profile
Re: DOG SHIT DOG SHIT DOG SHIT HELP - 25 April 2006
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 11:18:01 am »

Phillipe likes Dale Jr. Man, I hope Teodor gets his chance to shine in this arc. Teodor is so underused!
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: DOG SHIT DOG SHIT DOG SHIT HELP - 25 April 2006
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 11:22:28 am »

hmm.

the idea that he is stuck in a loop is delicious.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: DOG SHIT DOG SHIT DOG SHIT HELP - 25 April 2006
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 11:54:20 am »

I don't think that this has much of anything to do with Ray stepping in dog crap ... IIRC that "arc" was just a couple Ray-is-nostalgic bits, and it really doesn't tie into Beef's poopphobia.

I just hope Philippe doesn't get stuck in the fridge.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: DOG SHIT DOG SHIT DOG SHIT HELP - 25 April 2006
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006, 12:54:04 pm »

Is suffocation even a problem for alive stuffed animals? That said, there are thousands of ways this plan could go screamingly, terribly wrong.

I really like how, in the first panel, you can't see the dog shit at all. It's Ambush Poo, apparently.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: DOG SHIT DOG SHIT DOG SHIT HELP - 25 April 2006
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2006, 01:21:04 pm »

Oh Beef; have my retarded baby.  What can I say?  I am a sucker for neuroses laden people.

Anyway is it better to be the #1 Cholo?  I mean if you had to be a cholo would you want to be the best cholo?   I think I'd rather be the worst one so that I could be closest to being as non-cholo related as possible.  I suppose it depends on if you're using the word to mean "Peasant" as it means in South America or if it's some sort of urban gangster pride thing.  Confounding!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: DOG SHIT DOG SHIT DOG SHIT HELP - 25 April 2006
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2006, 01:25:54 pm »

Emeril runs like a girl.
Logged

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
Re: DOG SHIT DOG SHIT DOG SHIT HELP - 25 April 2006
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2006, 02:36:46 pm »

Ten points for use of the word "poo".
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: DOG SHIT DOG SHIT DOG SHIT HELP - 25 April 2006
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2006, 02:57:45 pm »

Any character who can survive to the end of a three-hundred-man brawl on his wits alone yet fall into a neurotic loop and pass out over stepping in dog-leavings is my kinda character.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: DOG SHIT DOG SHIT DOG SHIT HELP - 25 April 2006
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2006, 03:18:03 pm »

Beef is officially me. I get into loops like this in so many situations.

none are as great as this, though.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: DOG SHIT DOG SHIT DOG SHIT HELP - 25 April 2006
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2006, 03:25:26 pm »

three-hundred-man brawl

Three Thousand.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: DOG SHIT DOG SHIT DOG SHIT HELP - 25 April 2006
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2006, 03:30:49 pm »

I have been trapped in a fridge. I was 13, and playing hide and seek. Isn't that always the way.

Onstad, if Phillipe is going to Davy Jones Locker in a fridge, I will have your (second) baby. All 'no I'm sinking, at least the fridge is airtight'. In the next panel, his air-deprived body lies trapped in the fridge, or a submarine blows the fridge up, or something.

On the other hand, he is a stuffed animal, so he wouldn't die of asphyxiation, just be stuck in the fridge forever. ALMOST as amusing, and a good way to kill him off plotwise, not that anyone wants that. Apart from Q, but he's like that smurf who hates everything.

Can stuffed animals go to hell?

Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up