Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood It's National Johnny Cash Raise Hell Awareness Saturday Night. Go out and Fuck Shit Up in a Way That You Believe In!

Poll

My favourite ice cream flavour is more

fruity
- 5 (25%)
rich in chocolate, coffee, caramel or nuts
- 7 (35%)
caramel or nut type only
- 2 (10%)
some combination, or other
- 2 (10%)
I'm lactose intolerant/ vegan, you jerk
- 2 (10%)
okay fine, chocolate and nothing but chocolate
- 2 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 19


Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Ice Cream Flavour Deathmatch  (Read 7154 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Cream Flavour Deathmatch
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2006, 03:59:51 am »

I don't partake in the dairy, but there's a Sorbet "Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert"* that I enjoy.   It is called COOKIE AVALANCHE.


It's pretty bad.   I reckon that there we're under about 16 feet.

We're going to have to eat our way out, sir.


* - See Also: Cold Fun
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 04:05:43 am by smick »
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Ice Cream Flavour Deathmatch
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2006, 04:01:53 am »

hm.

maybe vanilla is the most popular because everyone can agree on it?
I like icecream with caramel or nuts or something, my sister likes the same, and my brother likes only chocolate or cookie type icecreams.
so my mom just gets vanilla. because everyone will eat vanilla.
also: for putting on cake, for putting in milkshakes, for making sundaes, etc.

I don't know. Sometimes all the crap in icecream is just too much, and some plain vanilla is nice.

At least, in theory. I don't think I've ever eaten it plain.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Cream Flavour Deathmatch
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2006, 04:48:50 am »

I don't really eat Ice Cream.  Is it okay if I just have the cake?

You Sick Fuck!

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Ice Cream Flavour Deathmatch
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2006, 01:21:46 pm »

I cannot, under ordinary circumstances, buy a pint of Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby.

Because I will EAT THE WHOLE GODDAMN THING IN ONE SITTING.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Ice Cream Flavour Deathmatch
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2006, 01:26:31 pm »

I cannot, under ordinary circumstances, buy a pint of Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby.

Because I will EAT THE WHOLE GODDAMN THING IN ONE SITTING.

That shit scares me... there's pretzels in there.

I mean I like pretzels, but never once did I think "You know what would be good on these?  Sweetened Salty Heavy Cream and Milk!  That sounds absolutely delightful!"

I am not judging your Mr. DelVaca, I am just sayin' is all.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Cream Flavour Deathmatch
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2006, 01:46:49 pm »

A mom-n-pop near my house used to make raspberry truffle. It was raspberry ice cream and if you bought a pint it had whole truffles mixed in. If you ordred a cup/cone they candies had been crushed. It has ruined all other ice cream. Luckily I can still have orange gelato. Especially the kind that's basically vanilla with some zest in it. Awesome.

Wombat, the pizza place in Tyson's has spumoni all the time and it always looks gross. I can't imagine eating it.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Ice Cream Flavour Deathmatch
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2006, 02:45:06 pm »

Don't knock it till you've tried it, Q.  If you're not up for Chubby Hubby yet, look for a pretzel cone at your local ice cream shop and try your regular ol' ice cream in that.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Ice Cream Flavour Deathmatch
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2006, 03:01:59 pm »

Don't knock it till you've tried it, Q.  If you're not up for Chubby Hubby yet, look for a pretzel cone at your local ice cream shop and try your regular ol' ice cream in that.

Oh I've tried it... believe me.  Then I gave the pint to the local stoners in my dorm at the time because I couldn't deal with it.


True story.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Ice Cream Flavour Deathmatch
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2006, 03:59:33 pm »

Oh.  Then knock at will.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Cream Flavour Deathmatch
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2006, 04:37:07 pm »

Wombat, the pizza place in Tyson's has spumoni all the time and it always looks gross. I can't imagine eating it.

It often is gross actually.  I have more a nostalgic interest than anything else.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Cream Flavour Deathmatch
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2006, 04:59:27 pm »

Spumoni has changed.  Once upon a time (at least as I remember it) Spumoni was akin to neopolitan in that each flavor was seperate.  It dissappeared from my life for many years and during that time it changed.  Upon it's return it became like a swirl of all the flavors mixed together which is much less desirable.  Much the same way that rocky road now often has marshmallow creame instead of actual marshmallows.  Fuck that shit!

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Ice Cream Flavour Deathmatch
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2006, 05:20:26 pm »

Firstly, I would like to express my thanks to swinehund for being so dang considerate as to include an option for legitimately lactose-intolerant folks, as well as crazy vegans like me.  If it weren't for that option, my vote would go to the chocolate, &c category; I'll have you know, however, that soy ice cream is incredibly delicious, and I very much enjoy it.

Secondly, eating gelato is one of my few fond memories of my trip to Italy in the eighth grade.  I think I ate it at least once a day.  Mmm.

Thirdly, a crazy-sounding recommendation that is nonetheless wonderful: chocolate and peanut butter ice cream with Nerds (the candy, not the people; though they're delightful, too).  I know it sounds gross, but it is excellent.  The tanginess of the candy works very well with the sweetness of the ice cream.  I'm not sure what the peanut butter adds to the combination itself, but I just love chocolate and peanut butter ice cream.

Finally, Q, you're insane.  Cake can suck it; ice cream wins forever.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Ice Cream Flavour Deathmatch
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2006, 05:22:10 pm »

Finally, Q, you're insane.  Cake can suck it; ice cream wins forever.

Pffft.. you don't even eat real ice cream.  Who asked YOU?!

Oh Snap!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Ice Cream Flavour Deathmatch
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2006, 05:42:05 pm »

this one time, in Italy, I was the dumb american who fell for It.
I ended up with a 13 euro icecream.

so many scoops.

we sat on the steps outside the place, in Piazza San Marco, and ate that gelato. It was so good.

And then:

"Brooks... aren't you diabetic?"
"yeah. oh well."

and then:

"YOU WIN YOU SON OF A BITCH" *throws remainder of gelato into trashcan*
it was so much icecream that I thought I would die. I felt so sick. I finished a little more than half of it. After a few minutes, it started melting, and I was just covered with liquid gelato.

we ate gelato basically every day, because the girls just wanted to shop.
I wish I had bought some clothes. they had such good clothes there.
also: food.
also: everything.
also: the women were all beautiful.
also: I want to live there.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Ice Cream Flavour Deathmatch
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2006, 05:50:06 pm »

I voted for "fruity," but I think probably the better option would be "serene ice cream." I enjoy a lot of flavors, but what I really enjoy is a good simple ice cream, of one flavor, without excess ripples and chunks. This will probably get me marked as a boring person, but a nice simple vanilla, all smooth and creamy and perfect, is basically like treasure. Also: lemon gelato. While there are a few gaudy/chunky/ripply flavors I enjoy (buttercrunch, mint chip, cookie dough, bubblegum), I can't handle this "ultra-chunky nut'n'fudge'n'monkey ripple marshmallow dip" stuff.

Perhaps my favorite ice cream flavor of all, which I may never find again, was "cinnamint" from a mom-and-pop nearby when I was a kid. It was this utterly perfect cinnamon-mint mixture, smooth and non-overbearing but still... oh man. Oh, man. One day, I will get an ice cream machine and attempt to replicate it, but it'll be a shadow on the wall of the cave compared to that stuff.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up