Michael Hutchence had the best death ever.
You know, on the VH1 Behind the Music*, they play it as a suicide. Knowing what it actually was makes a lot more sense, and also explains all that hemming and hawing that went on with the announcement/statements. It's both more and less of a sad story.
I have been EDUCATED.
Also, if you were in The Princess Bride, would you not carry it around with you? If I was even remotely recognizeable in it, I'd wear a portable DVD player around my neck and keep it cued at all times. Unless maybe I played Prince Humperdinck. I'd be all, "That was ME! I'm the one who told the Count about Inigo giving us some trouble! Let's watch it again!"
This reminds me that I am INCENSED about this latest release of the DVD, because I bought the damn DVD when it first came out and it doesn't have anything but the movie on it, and now I have to buy the movie AGAIN and then I get to buy it again in five years whenever the format wars are over. GEEK RAGE
*I am sorry for watching this. I do not do it that often.Also: I can't fault anyone for owning INXS music. I put them in the "made their music and became popular" category rather than the "made their label's music in order to be popular" category. I don't have real evidence of this. It is an
opinion.Also more: the whole reason I brought this up is that I have a theory that your very first music purchase with your own money usually says more about the tastes of people around you than your own tastes. Most of my early purchases were based on what I thought my friends would like rather than what I liked. What do you think, kids?