Jeepers: Something worth knowing is that while smoking increases your risks of lung cancer smoking *and* heavy drinking actually makes it much much worse.
Here's science in your eye!
That first one actually looks like I'm contradicting myself but if you check down the bottom it mentions a higher risk for heavy drinkers. Which is the point. A glass of something sweet with your ciggy won't hurt too much but if you're putting away a bottle a day as well as smoking thats hell of bad news for you.
I mean... you're already planning on getting off them already so you don't need to know this, but just in case you need extra encouragement getting off one or the other will probably be a very good thing for you.
Damn, now I feel like I need to get in on this. I weigh... let's see.
Ouch, 209 of your foreign poounds. Damn, I feel much thinner in metric.
If I could drop about 30 of those I'd be feeling pretty good, 40 would be better. I started a new job recently and have been walking there and back, it's about an hour each way and I do it about three or four times I week but it's not exactly power walking or anything and I cancel it out with all the crap I eat anyway so for starters I'm going to try cutting back the sugary crap. Mainly the massive amounts of cola I ingest daily which, since I am pathetically weak, I'm just going to switch for the no sugar variety (caffiene is not a negotiable intake).
Also going to start bringing more fruit with me to uni so I don't buy my lunch every day, the refec turkey sandwiches are grelicious but I must be strong. I love the hell out of mandarins and Bananas so there's no reason I can't be having them for lunch instead (bringing sandwiches and such with me just doesn't work, even if I dump them in the fridge as soon as I get to the office I just *know* they're not fresh).
It may also be time to renew my gym membership, or alternately start going for runs along the river at night, it's getting just about the right temperature for it too.
I know my goals and such are crummy compared to your grand schemes but really I just needed to get this down somewhere so I can look at it later and say 'you can't back out now son, you said it on the INTERNET!'.