Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.  (Read 14760 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'

Sooo... they were going to name a certain piece of our business in a meeting right? 

The suggested name was $businessname Lending Information Technology.

The problem?  Our $businessname starts with a C.

"Uh... guys.. that spells clit."  Uproarious nervous laughter abounds.  Now, just imagine if you will... after the meeting being pulled aside and asked by a woman of nearly 50 what in the hell a clit was. Imagine she's also your boss.  Imagine she has 2 kids so she must presumably get it on.

I really kind of understood her entire life in that moment.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

I mean... that doesn't mean she wasn't aware of it. She just didn't necessarily know the name.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'

I mean... that doesn't mean she wasn't aware of it. She just didn't necessarily know the name.

Further conversation for clarity:

"Well.. uh... it's like.. a bit of female anatomy."

"Like... down there?"

"Well kind of.. just the.. um... the button part"

"The button part?"

"Yeah kind of at the.. WHY ARE YOU ASKING ME?  Look it up, seriously."

It was most uncomfortable for all concerned.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

oh, lord, The button part?

I would have said something like "basically the most sensitive part" and left it at that.

you got into Buttons, man. She was imagining like a little round plastic thing sewn onto her lady-ness. No wonder she was confused!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives

Dude, she must have one.  Why not just have her drop trough and show her?

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'

All I know is that is not in my job description, and in this case, nor do I want it to be.

Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile


"the button part"


I must defend Q here.  Unlike the term we were discussing earlier, it is 100% clear what this has to mean.  If it wasn't, then I think that Q is right in, as he seemed to imply, feeling sorry for her that she does not have an ongoing personal acquaintance with the function of the part in question.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'

I must defend Q here.  Unlike the term we were discussing earlier, it is 100% clear what this has to mean.  If it wasn't, then I think that Q is right in, as he seemed to imply, feeling sorry for her that she does not have an ongoing personal acquaintance with the function of the part in question.

As womby is the first woman to respond I think this speaks highly of my descriptive nature.  In other words, screw you guys.

anyway, yes, that poor woman.  I sincerely hope she gave unto her husband a most vicious "talking to".
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile

I doubt her husband would be much help here, or she would know.

So here is a woman born presumably in the 50's and somehow throughout the 1960's in America managed to miss finding out what a clitoris is.

Well, her pastor has got to be proud of her anyhow.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

obviously, we need to write a brief questionnaire to discover her knowledge/her husband's knowledge of the Clitoris.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile

1)  Have you ever had multiple orgasms?

End of test.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'

My point was more that it not only missed one, it missed TWO people.


Either that or her husband is also a dickhead (figuratively speaking).
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.

As fun as this discussion has become, I need to address an important issue.

Don't you mean 3 successive mentions of salad?

Yes. 

Well, no. Rather, it is what I should have meant.  This is why I should not be allowed near computers in the morning, especially when I am in an empty lab and no one is around to read over my shoulder and tell me I'm being a moron.

I recant my entire post about Onstad's poor writing skills regarding his superfluous mention of salad.  Wombat is right, of course; two uses would have been overkill, but three indicates the development of a theme.

I am sorry to have let you down, TOUAMB.  I hereby pledge to refrain from making snotty grammar-related comments for the rest of the week (until Sunday), no matter how ugly things get.  This is my solemn vow.

</Penitence>
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

Sooo... they were going to name a certain piece of our business in a meeting right? 

The suggested name was $businessname Lending Information Technology.

The problem?  Our $businessname starts with a C.

"Uh... guys.. that spells clit."  Uproarious nervous laughter abounds.  Now, just imagine if you will... after the meeting being pulled aside and asked by a woman of nearly 50 what in the hell a clit was. Imagine she's also your boss.  Imagine she has 2 kids so she must presumably get it on.

I really kind of understood her entire life in that moment.

Quote from: Rimmer
I think it comes down to a choice between "The League Against Salivating Monsters" or my own personal preference, which is "The Committee for the Liberation and Integration of Terrifying Organisms and their Rehabilitation Into Society". Erm, one drawback with that - the abbreviation is "CLITORIS".

Also, I shall be tempted for the rest of the week to purposely make even worse grammar/spelling errors than those I would just make anyway due to my own sordid ignorance.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile

I doubt her husband would be much help here, or she would know.

So here is a woman born presumably in the 50's and somehow throughout the 1960's in America managed to miss finding out what a clitoris is.

Well, her pastor has got to be proud of her anyhow.

Just because she doesn't know what it's called doesn't mean she doesn't know how it works.

I mean, you don't know the exact name for every piece and part of your automobile, but you still drive around, right?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up