Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 23 June 2006 - Congratulations Cornelius Bear  (Read 7403 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
23 June 2006 - Congratulations Cornelius Bear
« on: June 23, 2006, 06:29:56 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06232006

The bus is a beautiful payoff. It has a monocle and a fierce expression.

Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: 23 June 2006 - Congratulations Cornelius Bear
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 10:32:25 am »

Notice Lyle in the corner. He has been involved with building automobiles, and subsequently the noises or phrases attributed to the horn of said vehicles. (Christ, I just can't fuck*ng make that sentence work. Apologies to grammar enthusiasts and English speakers everywhere.)

"HERE COMES A HUGE DOILY"

I'd link, but I think everyone here knows what I'm talking about.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 08:01:12 pm by JudyIsADickSlap »
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 23 June 2006 - Congratulations Cornelius Bear
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 10:39:53 am »

For some reason I can't see Ol' Corny liking Herodotus.  I imagine him saying, "What?  That load of balderdash?  I really can't be bothered."

Maybe he finds it whimsically delightful though, just maybe. 

Lylye-around-the-corner is adorable.  There I said it.  I'm not ashamed.  I'd say it again if you called out my name.

(What the fuck?)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: 23 June 2006 - Congratulations Cornelius Bear
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 11:59:31 am »

Holy fuck*ng bus!

Also, if you look closely you'll notice that Ray's phone seems to be in further need of replacement. Very nice detail in this strip.
Logged

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
Re: 23 June 2006 - Congratulations Cornelius Bear
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 12:01:35 pm »

Also, if you look closely you'll notice that Ray's phone seems to be in further need of replacement. Very nice detail in this strip.

Where are his Phone Balls??
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 23 June 2006 - Congratulations Cornelius Bear
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 12:48:47 pm »

Where are his Phone Balls??

The Chat Sack is for cell phones. Here Ray is using his hell of jillapidated cordless phone at home.

I mean, I guess you could put a Chat Sack on a cordless but it just would be right. It would be like putting a cherry on top of an ice cream cone.
Logged

Herr Currywurst

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Re: 23 June 2006 - Congratulations Cornelius Bear
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 01:44:01 pm »

"Yeah the idea is that the horn will play Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring"

Pure.  Class.
Logged
Bennett: Look, it's a debate about whether you think marriage is between a man and a women.

Stewart: I disagree, I think it's a debate about whether you think gay people are part of the human condition or just a random fetish.

- TDS, 6 June 2006

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: 23 June 2006 - Congratulations Cornelius Bear
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 01:55:06 pm »

The bus has gargoyles!

The lantern looks a lot like Little Nephew's Goth Beacon.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

rrh

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8
    • View Profile
Re: 23 June 2006 - Congratulations Cornelius Bear
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 04:24:34 pm »

Does anyone have a small hope that The Old School Bus will become a T-shirt design?
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 23 June 2006 - Congratulations Cornelius Bear
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 05:39:16 pm »

"The bus has gargoyles!" sounds like... 1940s slang for "bein' crazy".

As though a military officer would ask someone at a check-point...

"Hey, did you hear about the Cubs score last night? That homerun was like... a bus that had gargoyles!"

"But a... Cub is a... child bear..."

"DIE RATZI!" Rat-tat-tat!

Etc.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 23 June 2006 - Congratulations Cornelius Bear
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 06:44:34 pm »

I'll admit it: if this became a T-shirt, I would probably buy it. As it stands, it's a really classy payoff to a uneven story arc, and that's awesome. Hell, if this was all just an excuse for Gargoyle Bus, the arc is already vindicated.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: 23 June 2006 - Congratulations Cornelius Bear
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2006, 07:48:44 pm »

Notice Lyle in the corner. He has been involved with building automobiles and the subsequent noises the horns make before.

The subsequent noises the horns make before.

I'm sorry, I having issues parsing this sentence. What?
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 23 June 2006 - Congratulations Cornelius Bear
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2006, 07:52:03 pm »

The subsequent noises the horns make before.

I'm sorry, I having issues parsing this sentence. What?

I believe he meant "and the subsequent noises the horns make, before"

As in, he has done this before (where this = worked on cars and their subsequent horn noises)

Awkward Judy.. didn't you guys invent the language?
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: 23 June 2006 - Congratulations Cornelius Bear
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2006, 07:57:58 pm »

The subsequent noises the horns make before.

I'm sorry, I having issues parsing this sentence. What?

Bloody hell. This is what an A* in GCSE English gets me. Fixed! In all fairness, I posted just as I had woken up. (You'll probably have noticed that my post quality fluctuates wildly according to local time. Well, pretty much all the time. So that's permanently bad posts, then.)
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: 23 June 2006 - Congratulations Cornelius Bear
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2006, 09:51:38 pm »

This bus is something you would drive to Burning Man.  It would shame everyone there.  I have never wanted to own and modify a school bus more in my life.

If you'll excuse me, I have some internet to search.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up