Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris waited all day for the Comcast repair guy, and he never showed up. What is he supposed to do with this cream pie?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 23 June 2006 - Congratulations Cornelius Bear  (Read 7431 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
Re: 23 June 2006 - Congratulations Cornelius Bear
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2006, 10:52:38 pm »

This bus is something you would drive to Burning Man.  It would shame everyone there.  I have never wanted to own and modify a school bus more in my life.

Lies. It would be adored. Likely by the end of the week you would have some kind of pagan service being held inside it.

Not to get all Burnier-than-thou, but "shame" as a concept only really exists at Burning Man if you do something that fucks up other people's experience. Otherwise, creativity is rewarded and strangeness is embraced. And if someone does something you don't like (such as the vegan animal rights activist who set up across the street from us and refused to turn off his vivisection movies) the best thing to do is fuck with them (like dragging our grill in front of his movie screen and cooking up some tri tip).

Participation.

edit: I realize now I should never post after drinking at lunch. You meant shame in the "overwhelmingly cooler than whatever the hell you threw together in a weekend" sense. I lay prostrate expecting punishment.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 10:56:41 pm by Formica »
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 23 June 2006 - Congratulations Cornelius Bear
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2006, 10:57:05 pm »

wait, so there are people who are into burning man for real?

like, they go, and are into it?

wow.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
Re: 23 June 2006 - Congratulations Cornelius Bear
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2006, 11:23:27 pm »

wait, so there are people who are into burning man for real?

like, they go, and are into it?

wow.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34228803@N00/40945988/

That's me on the left, strutting my Achewater shirt.

Commence ridicule!
Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: 23 June 2006 - Congratulations Cornelius Bear
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2006, 12:07:40 am »

I don't think you can go to burning man and not be into it. And if you can, I doubt you'd stay that way for long.

Always been sorta a half-crazy dream of mine to go. I don't really have a gimmick, though, like cardboard geodesic domes or flaming tubas. Don't you sorta need a gimmick?
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 23 June 2006 - Congratulations Cornelius Bear
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2006, 12:17:44 am »

This bus is something you would drive to Burning Man.  It would shame everyone there.

Actually, that bus would be rather tame at Burning Man.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: 23 June 2006 - Congratulations Cornelius Bear
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2006, 12:26:57 am »

I'm almost disappointed I wiki'd Burning Man rather than enquiring about it here. Sure, it's awesome, but the way you guys would have described it would have been more awesome. Have you ever been to this delightful festival, Paul?
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: 23 June 2006 - Congratulations Cornelius Bear
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2006, 12:33:51 am »

Meh, in terms of huge outdoor music festivals filled with smelly hippie-types, I'd rather go to Bonnaroo.

Like every damn one of my friends did, without me.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: 23 June 2006 - Congratulations Cornelius Bear
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2006, 01:13:52 am »

Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 23 June 2006 - Congratulations Cornelius Bear
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2006, 03:53:29 am »

a bunch of my friends went to bonnaroo and spent all of their money on marijuana.
I basically disapprove of this.

but they saw some good bands.

and I am broke without having achieved that. damn.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: 23 June 2006 - Congratulations Cornelius Bear
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2006, 04:11:30 am »

a bunch of my friends went to bonnaroo and spent all of their money on marijuana.
I basically disapprove of this.

but they saw some good bands.

and I am broke without having achieved that. damn.

I am not kidding when I say that every single one of my friends went to Bonnaroo.  No one was in town, while I had to work (which entailed having absolutely nothing to do all day except pipet the occasional sample and bemoan my very existence).  The SO got to see Radiohead live on his fuck*ng birthday.  Goddamnit, I would do anything to see them. 

I spent the weekend before the Bonnaroo trip at a cousin's wedding.  After three glasses of wine, I was actually telling my mom about how badly I wanted to go and see Radiohead, so badly that I would kill someone.  Here is how it went down:

Me: I would give anything to see Radiohead.  They're my favourite band in the world.  God, I wish I could go.  I would kill a person if it somehow allowed me to see them play.
Mom: [nervous laughter]
Me: You think I'm kidding, but I'm not.  I am not kidding.  I would murder someone if it let me see them.

FAMILY BONDING!
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 23 June 2006 - Congratulations Cornelius Bear
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2006, 04:30:46 am »

I'm pretty sure you can just buy tickets at your nearest ticket factory outlet.  You do not have to murder someone to see Radiohead perform live.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 23 June 2006 - Congratulations Cornelius Bear
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2006, 04:31:50 am »

a bunch of my friends went to bonnaroo and spent all of their money on marijuana.
I basically disapprove of this.


I did not go to Bonnaroo, but I spent all my money on Marijuana and Music anyways.

Hobot:   Not to be an ass, but Radiohead is far and away the best concert that I have ever seen in my life.  Plus it was cool because it was the first time I stayed up all night.  Houston TX to Stillwater OK is a long drive, especially when you are doing it over night to get to a 8:30 Geology lab.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 23 June 2006 - Congratulations Cornelius Bear
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2006, 04:39:41 am »

Hobot:

this is why you terrified my friend.
I am not shitting you. we talked about you today. and how you scared her.

it was fun.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 23 June 2006 - Congratulations Cornelius Bear
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2006, 04:49:09 am »

Going to the Burning Man dressed as Mr. Fantastic, the Thing and the Invisible Woman... just wandering around, looking for their "good friend Johnny"... would be one of those weird sideways thing I've always wanted to do, just because it would be funny to me.

The comedy concept that if the Fantastic Four lost the Human Torch, they would look at Burning Man for him... and just never break character? Three of you, just always in character, never actually delineating the premise in so many words that you are looking for the Burning Man at Burning Man.

I'd love that.

It's right along the lines of attending a screening of the Rocky Horror Picture Show, dressed as hardcore Trekkies, possibly even acting "in character" as Starfleet Officers and then... about teeeeeeen minutes in? Just pulling out automatic weapons and spraying the assembled costumed crowd with bullets screaming:

"FREAKS! FREAKS! ALL OF YOU FREAKS!"

I guess the first one's more viable because we still haven't passed that law where the death of Rocky Horror fans doesn't count as a mercy-killing/assisted-suicide but... that's why we live in a democracy, you know? Popular opinion will turn around. Just gotta give her time, that sweet lady Liberty. Just gotta give her time.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: 23 June 2006 - Congratulations Cornelius Bear
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2006, 05:32:38 am »

If you're going to do something like that, for God's sake craft or acquire a high-quality costume. Fuckers.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up