Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: TRIP TO INDIA!  (Read 26831 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2006, 03:13:18 pm »

Paul - if you think about it, whichever way you move you are always in one direction or another that much closer to India.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2006, 05:49:11 pm »

July 14th, 12:46 PM - Having spent the morning doing WASPy things like disinfecting the kitchen counter tops, I am reminded that I am half white.  Maybe I am not an Indian today?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2006, 05:56:45 pm »

Indians don't keep thier counters clean?  That is hella nasty.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2006, 10:43:33 pm »

Today I read a short story about an event happening in India. The lack of empathy I felt with the English girl in Delhi further reinforces the inescapable fact that I am neither A) Female or B) In India.

Maybe tomorrow.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2006, 11:42:20 pm »

Today I read a short story about an event happening in India. The lack of empathy I felt with the English girl in Delhi further reinforces the inescapable fact that I am neither A) Female or B) In India.

Maybe tomorrow.

<Scott Thompson>Oh Mom, by the way, I'm becoming an Indian woman.</Scott Thompson>
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2006, 04:35:27 am »

MAYBE today!

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2006, 05:18:05 am »

I am back in El Segundo now, and have resumed my standard distance from India.

But soon!

When I make my Ray money (by selling my soul to the devil for a magical Yngwie Malmsteen Signature Strat), we're ALL going to India. 

Or at least the Bombay Cafe down on Pico.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 05:24:22 am by Limmo »
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2006, 06:09:46 am »

I'm watching Namaste America on public television. I'm a little closer to India in spirit if not physically.

Update: I Spy has come on, so my spirit has moved from India to 60s Hollywood Japan.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 07:03:56 am by Ben-San »
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2006, 09:00:46 am »

I was in Indiana the other day.  That should be worth something.

India? Na.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2006, 04:40:54 pm »

I am back in El Segundo now, and have resumed my standard distance from India.

I hear that's a popular place for people to leave their wallets.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2006, 10:07:02 am »

Fred Sanford always cracked jokes about El Segundo back in the day, too.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2006, 07:17:52 am »

I hear that's a popular place for people to leave their wallets.

Hell of hott fast food ladies.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2006, 07:36:04 am »

Not today!

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2006, 08:48:58 am »

I came home, she lifted up my wings, I think that this must be the place.

But it is not India.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2006, 04:36:44 pm »

I have tracked India through vast heathen jungles; sweaty and foreboding.  Though I can hear its hearkening footsteps taunting ahead of me, I have been unable to keep the lumbering beast down enough for me to capture its essence.

I know it will be my death, one day, soon; in this canopy battlefield of my soul.

But for today, no... no India.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up