Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: July 7 2006 - Mouth Mace! Daaamn!  (Read 9432 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: July 7 2006 - Mouth Mace! Daaamn!
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2006, 03:29:45 pm »

AW proves my point exactly.

If you weren't so adorably cute I'd have to beat you for saying that.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: July 7 2006 - Mouth Mace! Daaamn!
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2006, 03:34:12 pm »

I'm a scamp!  Wait.. you hittin' on me sailor?   :P
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: July 7 2006 - Mouth Mace! Daaamn!
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2006, 06:35:45 pm »

While I am at the beach, you can be sure I will visit Try My Nuts to photograph all the crazy hot sauces.

I kept my promise.

I've seen this one, plus the matching thong for sale here.

As have I.

It's true that hot sauces that I've seen often don't hesitate to dance at the line of moral comfort for me, especially the ones that specifically tell you that they will hurt your ass, refer to shitting, etc.

Saw those, too.

Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: July 7 2006 - Mouth Mace! Daaamn!
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2006, 06:47:57 pm »

Yeesh!  See, a flaming rectum doesn't make me want to use said condiment, or place said condiment near things I will be eating!

Also, Hobot, now I have a crush on you too.  Thanks for that.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: July 7 2006 - Mouth Mace! Daaamn!
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2006, 08:21:10 pm »

Spectacular Hobot, you are our winner.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: July 7 2006 - Mouth Mace! Daaamn!
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2006, 08:30:40 pm »

Does the yellow police tape indicate the high-scoville Dave's Insanity types?
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: July 7 2006 - Mouth Mace! Daaamn!
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2006, 09:55:31 pm »

wow,I love those pictures.

also: I really was made uncomfortable by some of those hotsauces. Wow.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: July 7 2006 - Mouth Mace! Daaamn!
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2006, 11:30:38 pm »

There are just so many of them and with basically the same ingredients (peppers, vinegar) that I can't help but think that there are maybe one or two factories actually making and bottling (with a couple of bottle options) the sauce and another two or three cranking out the whimsical labeling. The stores must be buying them assorted - there can't be a case of each sauce in the backroom, can there?

I've always wondered what the creative and boardroom meetings of such an enterprise would be like.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: July 7 2006 - Mouth Mace! Daaamn!
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2006, 12:22:21 am »

I've always wondered what the creative and boardroom meetings of such an enterprise would be like.

It's probably something like this.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: July 7 2006 - Mouth Mace! Daaamn!
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2006, 12:25:00 am »

I've always wondered what the creative and boardroom meetings of such an enterprise would be like.

"My friends, this is some excellent shit"
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: July 7 2006 - Mouth Mace! Daaamn!
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2006, 12:34:08 am »

no, man. It will be like the one where Ray looks at his Stew and makes suggestions to a store as to which products to produce. Maybe it was Home Depot?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: July 7 2006 - Mouth Mace! Daaamn!
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2006, 12:49:07 am »

There are just so many of them and with basically the same ingredients (peppers, vinegar) that I can't help but think that there are maybe one or two factories actually making and bottling (with a couple of bottle options) the sauce and another two or three cranking out the whimsical labeling. The stores must be buying them assorted - there can't be a case of each sauce in the backroom, can there?

There are a lot that are just "pepper, salt, vinegar" but you can get some interesting flavors even just by working with the pepper blend. Then you've got various herbs, spices, and fruits that get added in. Probably a lot of what's on those shelves is basically the same, but there is also almost certainly enough variety that sampling the different ones would be interesting.

This does not apply so much to the superhots, which can have any damn ingredients they want but the capsaicin extract will make them impossible to taste.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: July 7 2006 - Mouth Mace! Daaamn!
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2006, 05:42:19 am »

Yeah, I'm with wombat. Nothing named "Rectum Ripper," let alone featuring a label of a flaming rectum, is coming anywhere within 100 feet of my kitchen. The "Sir Fartalot" just confuses me, though. Misguided whimsy?
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: July 7 2006 - Mouth Mace! Daaamn!
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2006, 02:47:26 pm »

Upon further investigation I found that in the wild world of hot sauces, there are some extravagently expensive ones.  I wonder what sort of person buys a bottle of sauce just short of $1000? 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: July 7 2006 - Mouth Mace! Daaamn!
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2006, 02:50:38 pm »

Apparently you've never tasted thousand dollar hot sauce.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up