Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell  (Read 22560 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2007, 06:08:36 am »

RMJ: Get another kitteh -- not just one, but TWO kittehs from the same litter. It will heal your soul to have a new baby around the house. Seriously. Angel sounds like she was lucky to have you as a mom, and I'm really sad to hear about losing her. Getting two ROCKS. They curl up together, wash each other's faces, and they're never bored. I highly, highly recommend getting littermates. SERIOUSLY.

smells: HELLA CUUUUUTE! I wish that my little dudes liked to wear clothes. Your cat is doing the kitty equivalent of wearing her Wonder Woman costume to the grocery store at age 4. Awesome. AWESOME!!!

However, I am surprised that he tolerated lip gloss on his nosey. I got a really great surprise-kiss on Lennybruce's tummy today, but then when I angled in for another kiss he kicked me in the face! Lennyyyy!!! :( I don't kiss him when I'm wearing lip gloss, because it would take forever for him to wash it out of his fur.

theinev: the cat secretly likes you to call him that. Your mom just needs to make peace with the fact that she overfeeds the cats. My little dudes are pretty chunky from apartment life.

jaydub: a lot of Scottish Folds do that. The poor sweet Fluffy One has a stiff back and tail because it's a fault of the breed.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2007, 06:23:25 am »

I think the issue re: overfeeding is that the girl is much smaller (not only in terms of fatness, but in general. He is like a tiger.) and he eats not only his food, but whatever she doesn't eat. We don't want to give them less food for fear that she'd end up eating less as well.
they are littermates!

the best, though, was our first cat. Luna. Weirdly, I have very few memories, even though this was when I was 14-15 years old. She was run over by the girl who lived down the road-- she never knew that it was our cat that she hit. Apparently she picked Luna up and wrapped her in a blanket, and sobbed uncontrollably, and buried her in the back yard. Her dad told us this, and begged us not to tell her it had been our cat. That cat was perfect. Because she was basically a dog. All she wanted was for us to pet her and rub her belly. She loved to snuggle. She cuddled with our dog. and then she disappeared, and we didn't know what happened until the neighbor-man saw a sign we put up and called us.

I was always bitter when I saw that girl.
But I guess her parents made up for it-- I slept at their house in Bern on my way to Brussels. And figured out how to work their oven for them.
I don't think they remembered the whole cat thing, though. That whole trip has the aura of a dream for me, now.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2007, 04:16:34 pm »

Smells: Your cat like to be modded!

Now I've got a mental image of a kitty with spinners and a big ol' spoiler.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2007, 04:34:52 pm »

Now I've got a mental image of a kitty with spinners and a big ol' spoiler.

Mine was a see-thru case and neon water-cooling.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2007, 04:49:28 pm »

A see through kitty would be kind of disturbing.

I'm even a little weirded out by glass giraffe. 

Although I suppose its easier to tell when its time to feed them
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2007, 05:53:46 pm »

Oh MAAAN!! I want a Canon D80 like Malingering. I need to be able to capture awesome cat moments when I'm sitting around watching the kitty TV. Yes, a $1,200 camera sounds like exactly what I need to take more piccies of my little rats.

Lennybruce was over near my bunkers rooting around (they are highly expensive personal protective garments that I have to wear when I'm on a call. They're designed to be resistant against blood and other pathogens, and I keep them by the door when I'm on call so I can get into them quickly). Sometimes he tries to tunnel down one of the legs, which is hilarious. I was like, "Lenny, what are you doing? You'd better not be scratching those."

Then he reared his head with one of his many Alaskan catnip pillows in his mouth, which he had been rooting around for. Then, with the cat toy still in his mouth, he LEAPED over the heap of bunkers, laid down, picked up the catnip pillow in his paws and rubbed his face into it. I really, really wish I had gotten a picture of that. 
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2007, 07:07:21 pm »

my ex has an SLR (possibly a canon?) and she certainly does not use it to take pictures of her cat. I loved that cat so much... he was -the dude-.

She does, however, use it to take semi-nude pictures of her gross-ass self and send them to me. Ew.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2007, 07:36:46 pm »

my ex has an SLR (possibly a canon?) and she certainly does not use it to take pictures of her cat. I loved that cat so much... he was -the dude-.

She does, however, use it to take semi-nude pictures of her gross-ass self and send them to me. Ew.

UGH! She's broken the cardinal rule of exdom. Let go, theinev's ex. Just let go.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2007, 08:45:30 pm »

ok, It's mostly that she sent me a picture of her tattoo. which was really low on her hip. So it was... a little revealing.
In an unfortunate way, as she seems to have... gotten a lot less pretty since we were dating.

I miss that cat though. he was so cool... he basically just wanted you to pet him, 24/7.
He also had some issues... she was pretty sure he couldn't see in the dark, as he always seemed to bump into things/fall off things at night.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2007, 11:05:51 pm »

ok, It's mostly that she sent me a picture of her tattoo. which was really low on her hip. So it was... a little revealing.
In an unfortunate way, as she seems to have... gotten a lot less pretty since we were dating.

I miss that cat though. he was so cool... he basically just wanted you to pet him, 24/7.
He also had some issues... she was pretty sure he couldn't see in the dark, as he always seemed to bump into things/fall off things at night.

Is it a Bad tattoo?  Whenever someone takes a picture of their tattoo, it is always terrible.
Logged
ACHIEVE

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2007, 11:07:40 pm »

yeah. um. it was basically a tattoo-ized version of this image done at a scary place in new york. She was, at the time, 16 I believe. I am not aware that she particularly liked this album. She denies this, though, and says it is one of her favorites.

Basically it is in prime stretching area. Apparently it's already kind of distorted.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2007, 05:24:26 am »

HOT DAMN that is bad, maybe the worst ever.

I'd sooner get a tattoo of Bin Laden's face than that.
Logged
ACHIEVE

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2007, 05:42:41 am »

my favoritest part:
she called me, while she was getting it, at work, to tell me she was getting it. She thought I would be really excited, despite the fact that I told her that I hated tattoos. And that I hated the concept of a tattoo of "Goo."

PS: the picture was so upsetting that... I literally blocked the memory of it after the first time I saw it. I didn't remember that I had seen it before until the second time I saw it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2007, 07:04:25 am »

Man, weird.  Tell her to get an even more rediculous tattoo and see if she does it.  Like a Wile E Coyote head with a human body or the word "Lightning" or something.
Logged
ACHIEVE

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2007, 07:49:10 am »

Man, weird.  Tell her to get an even more rediculous tattoo and see if she does it.  Like a Wile E Coyote head with a human body or the word "Lightning" or something.

I like the concept of just getting a random word tattooed on you, like some kind of weird Anglophone equivalent of Hanzi Smatter (although that would also involve randomly writing some letters wrong).
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up