Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 79   Go Down

Author Topic: Pretend Sports  (Read 156329 times)

0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #660 on: September 11, 2007, 04:45:24 am »

Do you read the Nation of Islam Sports blog, August West? because there is a commenter there with that screen name.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #661 on: September 11, 2007, 04:51:11 am »

Do you read the Nation of Islam Sports blog, August West? because there is a commenter there with that screen name.

No.  No I do not. 

In fact, I had no idea the Nation of Islam had a Sports blog.  What would Allah say?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #662 on: September 11, 2007, 05:19:00 am »

I remember asking you if you commented somewhere else under that name - it's pretty popular on the interwebs.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #663 on: September 11, 2007, 05:41:14 am »

Day One goes to Radiodread, mostly thanks to Ramirez...

"RAAAAAMIIIREZ!" I say, such as the Kurgan would.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #664 on: September 11, 2007, 06:37:15 am »

August West is a character from a Grateful Dead song.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #665 on: September 11, 2007, 07:05:01 am »

To: Cadillac Williams
From: Lister
Re: Your ribs

Sorry about getting your ribs broken by drafting you.  I bet that hurts!  If it helps any I didn't start you.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #666 on: September 11, 2007, 03:11:17 pm »

I think I need Houshmanzippy to score enough TDs that Baltimore's defense gets no points.  At least it looks like his knee is OK.
It looks like your cunning plan worked, cos the damn D only scored me 2 points.  That and Larry Fitzgerald getting ignored by Arizona's O coordinator.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #667 on: September 11, 2007, 06:22:28 pm »

Yes, I managed to just barely squeak out wins in two of my three leagues this week.  On the plus side, I'm #1 in roster moves in all three.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #668 on: September 12, 2007, 03:23:45 am »

Yes, I managed to just barely squeak out wins in two of my three leagues this week.  On the plus side, I'm #1 in roster moves in all three.

you're just rearranging the deck chairs on the Hindenburg, homes. The Motherfuck*ng Walruses are gonna be so up in your craw.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #669 on: September 12, 2007, 06:52:16 am »

So, the pretend hockey auto-draft is now over.  In my laziness, I left my default pre-draft rankings unchanged, but I still managed to pick up three Thrashers players and Danny Heatley, so at least I can watch them firsthand, a la 'sMets with his Angels.  The computer also used its ninth-round pick on some guy named Niedermayer, who is currently tagged with a red "NA."  Fragged by his own teammates, perhaps?
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #670 on: September 12, 2007, 07:08:45 am »

Yes! I got Lubomir Visnovsky! Suck on thaaaaat.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #671 on: September 12, 2007, 07:27:29 am »

Quote from: iron_felix
The computer also used its ninth-round pick on some guy named Niedermayer, who is currently tagged with a red "NA."  Fragged by his own teammates, perhaps?

DEAR FELIX:

fuck*ng AWESOME REFERENCE EQUALS A TINY CAN.

REGARDS,
THE LITTLE FALLS METS

(Also, I appear to be completely fucked this week, baseball-wise. See you in the consolation round!)
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #672 on: September 12, 2007, 10:20:36 am »

I doubt that.  I do think my side was better towards the end of the year than all but the top three (I have a little evidence of that now), me beating you would be like the Cardinals winning the World Series last year.  In other words, bullshit.


Also, Wakefield gave up 7 runs in 3 innings.

I guess it is good he only pitched three innings? 

Still, I anticipated beating the Monkeys and losing to you.  Don't make me look like a fool.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #673 on: September 12, 2007, 11:08:29 am »

Also, even though he struggled early I kept Manny on my team.  Now that I need to bring Renteria off the DL, I can't cut him, so I have a choice between three outfielders, one basically inactive for a while or 1 SS and 3B.  Dang.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #674 on: September 12, 2007, 01:05:13 pm »

you're just rearranging the deck chairs on the Hindenburg, homes. The Motherfuck*ng Walruses are gonna be so up in your craw.

Oh man, I think I would enjoy Pretend Football so much more if I had the smack talk gene. 
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 79   Go Up