Ain't nothin' wrong with hatin' on the Yankees, no matter WHERE you do it.
If hatin' on the Yankees is wrong, goddamn it, I don't ever wanna be right.
And remember Ash:
At least they MADE the playoffs.
The Mets are the team that many Angel fans are lighting up the call-boards at the LA-OC sports-radio stations looking for... brimming and laden and over-fuck*ng-flowing with more Aging Powerhitters than you or I could swing that One Big Stick at.
Moises Alou, Carlos Delgado, Shawn Green, Carlos Beltran... oh man... my boys are overflowing with dudes who were either power hitters years ago or hit home runs for one or two years and then nothing.
And it didn't even get them into the playoffs in the sickeningly mediocre 2007 National League.
You want Carlos Delgado for a year? For God's sake, take him, give us Kotchman and Santana for him.
We'll even throw in Shawn Green. You can have Shawn Green either way, just for visiting the showroom. No, seriously, take the fuck*ng bum. I fuck*ng HATE YOU, SHAWN GREEN, PLAYING JUST WELL ENOUGH TO SQUASH LASTINGS MILLEDGE AND NEVER WELL ENOUGH TO WIN A GODDAMNED BALLGAME...
Anyway.
Seriously, man, I know the Angels thing is frustrating?
But the over-conservatism of Bill Stoneman > the poorly-thought-through splashiness of Omar Minaya.
And the best manager in the majors Mike Soscia >>>>> the worst manager in the majors Willie Randolph.
The kids and a light sprinkling of veterans the Angels have got them into the playoffs in the American League and they just happened to get half their position players injured in September while simultaneously going up against the buzzsaw that is Boston's starting pitching.
The Mets roster of former big-sticks and formerly-roiding entirely-incompetent middle relief managed to let the Phillies and the Rockies and the Padres into October ahead of them, somehow, in a manner I still can't get my mind around.
Take solace.
And, also, take Shawn Green. Please.